300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fillup87 View Post
    Okay, good stuff to know. The WS shift differential information is interesting to me, this is because where I work now we have GS, WS and WG, and I have heard some GS and WG employees arguing about shift differential. Now I think I know why they had different opinions.
    I am not sure how that whole different shift dif and adding it to the retirent of one etc started but some folks on both sides stir issues up against the other from time to time.

Most of the WS etc wages cover the trade related skills, CMS like maintenance electric, pluming etc but then comm shop are GS. Also the area can effect t the WS scale, they base it of what the skilled labor gets in any area, my area in the Midwest WS rate starts out as 31.00 an hour and tops out at 37 and some change an hour because they base our location of Detroit Chicago and Indy. Go to California and oddly enough the WS starts and maxes out less. Makes no sense.

Comment

• What is the attire for IF since we haven't ordered uniforms yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by P.I.D.I01 View Post
        What is the attire for IF since we haven't ordered uniforms yet?

Business casual. Be presentable, you will have executive staff popping in and out to give their talks at any given time so, Collard shirt, slacks etc. With or without a tie. But whatever you do, DO NOT wear any kind a khaki colored clothing. That's what inmates wear.

You will be going on a tour at some point and staff do not know you, just bad all the way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
          Business casual. Be presentable, you will have executive staff popping in and out to give their talks at any given time so, Collard shirt, slacks etc. With or without a tie. But whatever you do, DO NOT wear any kind a khaki colored clothing. That's what inmates wear.

You will be going on a tour at some point and staff do not know you, just bad all the way around.
          The days we went behind the grill, they allowed us to wear BDU'S bottoms. Well I'm enroute to my new joint.. It's been nice not dealing with IM's for two weeks.. Oh well, back in the trenches come Monday.

Comment

• 3 days until Go time

Comment

• Originally posted by P.I.D.I01 View Post
              3 days until Go time
              Good luck. What are you guys carrying- just a radio and cuffs?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                Good luck. What are you guys carrying- just a radio and cuffs?
                I start in 3 days as well. You know if we will get paid every monday?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by sag12391 View Post

Bi-weekly and you'll be three weeks behind. Pay schedules are online.

https://www.nfc.usda.gov/Publication...s/1217n_16.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by sag12391 View Post

Not to confuse you but the offical paydate is always a Tjursaday however,You will get your first check on the third Monday after you start then every other Mon. Tues when Mon is a Holiday. Even though the official pay date is the Thursday after you get paid on Mon (your bank will give you the money as a curtosy 3 days earlier on that Mon before the Thur). There are a couple that might have their pay hit that Sat before the official pay but that is a courtesy of the bank.

Comment

• 24 hrs left

Comment

• I wore a suit the first day. They took our picture for the credentials and that is you pic for the next 5 years iirc..after the first day I wore a button up shirt long pants and dress shoes. Luckily my shoes passed thru the metal deter and didn't have to remove them like half the class every time we went back

Comment

• Thank you for the heads up

Comment

• Im still confused. I passed everything and was given a start date (November) that was pushed back twice. I was told it was due to the continuing resolution. I see people are getting hired elsewhere. I applied in the New York area. Should I be concerned or should I call? I was also told my certificate had to be closed due to the amount of time and that would be the only thing I had to do over.

Comment

• Call the HR at that institution. They have invested time and a little bit of money in you. They should tell you straight up what's going on as long as they know.

Comment

• thank you, ill try that!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9212 users online. 260 members and 8952 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X