Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All FS for my reviews

Comment

• What I am trying to figure out is how I can get a copy of my work file. Somehow my paperwork has been lost between here and central office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuffup1 View Post
        Does anybody have any info on FCI Schuykill? Also I have read back on this thread and I have a few questions about the hiring process. If I resigned from the BOP almost 5 years ago will that be held agaisnt me at all?
        You are fine, people leave and come back all the time

Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
        I guess that would depend on your performance while you were employed and why you resigned. You know better than anyone else if your past employment and departure will be used against you.
        Not all the time. There is a rec period, if you resign in lue of termination they are doing you a favor in letting you resign. They way it usually works os if you resign, after 3 years you can come back with a clean slate.

We have had several folks fall into that category. One had about a 10 year break got herself cleaned up and is doing great. The other hot himmed up in some BS resigned bidded his time and came back so unless you do something criminal or negligent like let an inmate out the front grill your usually good and can come back after 3 ish years. If you resign for another job and it doesn't work out (grass isn't greener) you can come back right away as long as they have a spot, but either case you will have to go through the whole hiring process again.

Originally posted by Cuffup1 View Post
        What I am trying to figure out is how I can get a copy of my work file. Somehow my paperwork has been lost between here and central office.
        Get ahold of an HR rep or call Grand Prairie and they should be able to help.
        Last edited by in625shooter; 01-05-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• if anyone has taken the Core Values Assessment recently, would you please send me a PM? I'd like to ask you a question about the test, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LubbockBound View Post
            if anyone has taken the Core Values Assessment recently, would you please send me a PM? I'd like to ask you a question about the test, thanks.
            I have it in a week. Any insight would be appreciated.

Comment

• It's common sense think moral and upright

Comment

• Failed my test today got a 67 which I believe I failed by one question I usually ace tests I'm thinking maybe I was too lenient by not reporting every single thing to a supervisor. I'm currently a police officer friend of mine thinks maybe I thought of trying to handle everything myself cause that's what I do now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm looking to join the BOP, I've been with the Alabama DOC for approximately 2 years now. FPC Pensacola would be the closest facility to me, but I've been told that they very rarely hire off the street. I've got FCC Coleman as my top choice now because I have family near that facility. Does anyone know if they are currently hiring? Also, does anyone know if it's a good facility to work at, I am hoping to get in and work a year or two then transfer to FPC Pensacola. Any information that can be provided will be helpful and very much appreciated, thanks!

Comment

• That video test is supposedly killing our hiring efforts here. A union rep claimed there is movement to change it, as there is a very high failure rate that really can't be explained. We heard many cops and COs fail because they are aware of the grey areas that can exist.
                    I am told the test looks for a very strict black and white view of rules, etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
                      That video test is supposedly killing our hiring efforts here. A union rep claimed there is movement to change it, as there is a very high failure rate that really can't be explained. We heard many cops and COs fail because they are aware of the grey areas that can exist.
                      I am told the test looks for a very strict black and white view of rules, etc..
                      Yeah my guess is every little thing no matter how minor is to be disciplined and reported to a supervisor but I could be wrong I tried to have a middle ground sometimes but apparently that didn't work for me and I have taken similar tests where I scored near perfect so I can't believe my score.

Comment

• Originally posted by lucasfox792 View Post
                        Failed my test today got a 67 which I believe I failed by one question I usually ace tests I'm thinking maybe I was too lenient by not reporting every single thing to a supervisor. I'm currently a police officer friend of mine thinks maybe I thought of trying to handle everything myself cause that's what I do now.

I failed the test with the same score. Some situations I thought could be handled by speaking one-on-one with the individual, but from what I hear, they want you to report everything your supervisor. Your co-worker comes to work with his shoe untied? Tattle to the supervisor. Okay, I know that for next time. Unfortunately, you're eliminated from BOP employment for 1 year if you fail the test.

If you acted on the job how the test expects you to, you'll have to worry about your co-workers kicking your *** more so than any inmate. *sour grapes*
                        Last edited by LubbockBound; 01-07-2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, unfortunately the next time is a year from now that's rough. If it was a couple months I'd be like ok but a year...that crushed me.

Comment

• Originally posted by lucasfox792 View Post
                            Yeah, unfortunately the next time is a year from now that's rough. If it was a couple months I'd be like ok but a year...that crushed me.

What location where you trying to get on with?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dgod35 View Post
                              What location where you trying to get on with?
                              Fci Schuylkill

Comment

• Was told that my commitment letter is on its way to the warden and should be in a class at the end of the month. I'm very excited!! Any advice?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2828 users online. 194 members and 2634 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X