Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hired!!!

    Hey all....

    I have been applying for this position since 2009.....I didn't have enough experience so I kept working hard and finally was contacted in early February of this year for an interview and got hired. I start in April at a facility in Northern CA, so from interview to start about 2 monhts! Good luck to all of you dont give up!
    Last edited by DJLOST86; 04-02-2012, 07:14 AM.
    Federal Bureau of Prisons Correctional Officer
    Initial Application: 10/20/11
    Update Application: 12/07/11
    Inquiry for availability: 2/1/12
    BG Interview/Panel Interview/Fingerprints: 2/7/12
    Conditional Offier: 2/16/12
    Update Previous BI Paperwork: 2/27/12
    Medical/UA: 3/7/12
    Hired: 3/21/12!
    EOD: 4/9/12

    Comment


    • Would someone mind if I pm'd them with some questions about the usajobs website regarding the BOP Correctional position? Thanks

      Comment


      • BOP Interview

        I just scheduled my interview and was wondering what to expect. Are both interviews done the same day? What type of questions are asked? Will they make me an offer on the spot? Any info you guys can provide I would appreciate? Thanks.

        Comment


        • nickg1521- Yes, basic stuff and no- expect to return if they decide to consider making you an offer.

          snappertrapper- ask here after you have read through the thread but don't pm me- ods are that your questions have already been asked and answered
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

          Comment


          • Thanks for the quick response. By reading the thread I noticed you work at Coleman. How is it there?That is where I am interviewing.

            Comment


            • Nickg- How long after your application being referred to selecting official did you receive your OF-5?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                snappertrapper- ask here after you have read through the thread but don't pm me- ods are that your questions have already been asked and answered
                The only thing I really need to know right now is can I change my preferred locations at a later date after I already submitted my app? If I don't get picked up by the couple I originally put in I'll probably expand and add more later. Thanks

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DJLOST86 View Post
                  Hey all....

                  I have been applying for this position since 2009.....I didn't have enough experience so I kept working hard and finally was contacted in early February of this year for an interview and got hired. I start in April at a facility in Northern CA, so from interview to start about 2 monhts! Good luck to all of you dont give up!
                  How long after the interview did they call you for a drug test etc.. They supposedly turned in packets a month ago to the hiring committee and I haven't heard anything back.
                  Post clever signature here.....

                  Comment


                  • Ohh I see it in your signature.. Looks like it went quick for you. I emailed HR asking for a status but didn't get anything in return. I think I should just call,
                    Post clever signature here.....

                    Comment


                    • I reapplied on the 3/26. My application was referred on the 3/28 and I received e- mail for of-5 on 3/29. It seems like it went very fast.

                      Comment


                      • what site?
                        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                        -Abraham Lincoln

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by snappertrapper View Post
                          The only thing I really need to know right now is can I change my preferred locations at a later date after I already submitted my app? If I don't get picked up by the couple I originally put in I'll probably expand and add more later. Thanks
                          Yes you can switch your preference. I suggest that if you are mobile and willing to relocate to pick a complex in an area you'd like or an institution that is hard to staff, like Atwater.
                          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                          Me: you really want an answer to that
                          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nickg1521 View Post
                            Thanks for the quick response. By reading the thread I noticed you work at Coleman. How is it there?That is where I am interviewing.
                            The way you feel about Coleman depends on what you want and expect out of the job and your career and whether or not you have any experience in the field. You will either love it or hate it- there is no middle.
                            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                            Me: you really want an answer to that
                            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

                            Comment


                            • I had an interview, and HR said she was turning packets into a review board. I haven't heard anything since.? It's been a month, I emailed and left voicemails with the HR hiring rep but I haven't recived anything back. Is this normal or is it there way of saying I didn't make the cut?
                              Post clever signature here.....

                              Comment


                              • I have an interview at FCC Victorville in two weeks does anyone know what the interview consists of?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 16516 users online. 520 members and 15996 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X