Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview went well I was told to that I would be contacted with an offer and to finish the rest of the process in a few weeks. So I'm hoping everything else goes well. Don't know how many they are trying to hire so ill keep my eyes glued to my email and my nose clean. As Always.

Comment

• I'm actually in the process of transferring. From a FCC to a standalone FCI. I've been with the Bureau 16 months now. I applied in Aug for my new joint and got picked up in Oct and will be reporting in January.

Comment

• My interview was at an FCI

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
          I'm actually in the process of transferring. From a FCC to a standalone FCI. I've been with the Bureau 16 months now. I applied in Aug for my new joint and got picked up in Oct and will be reporting in January.
          FCC Florence to FCI Englewood?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
            FCC Florence to FCI Englewood?
            FCC Pollock to FCI Talladega

Comment

FCC Pollock to FCI Talladega

Good luck with that one!

Comment

I'm actually in the process of transferring. From a FCC to a standalone FCI. I've been with the Bureau 16 months now. I applied in Aug for my new joint and got picked up in Oct and will be reporting in January.
                I want to transfer too been there for 13 months. I applied thru the prison wide one. How did you do it? Reassignment announcement on that specific prison you wanna transfer to? Or prison wide announcement with your first preference as that prison. Also did u apply for 5 and 6 for the transfer? Did they accept you with your current grade when they picked you up?
                Geo: Central East Coast
                Test: 8/15/13 (Score: 89)
                NOR: 9/9/13
                TSL: 11/27/13
                VBT: 12/17/13

Comment

• Originally posted by james_bond007 View Post
                  I want to transfer too been there for 13 months. I applied thru the prison wide one. How did you do it? Reassignment announcement on that specific prison you wanna transfer to? Or prison wide announcement with your first preference as that prison. Also did u apply for 5 and 6 for the transfer? Did they accept you with your current grade when they picked you up?
                  If anyone is interested in doing a lateral here is how it works. You have to apply to an individual announcment to said institutuion. What happens is an institution will put out an announcement for usually GL 7 Officers but sometime a 6 and it will state BOP REASSINMENT ELEGIBLES. That tells you only folks in BOP or a displaces GOV employee from another agency that qualifies can apply. Those annopuncments are open anywhere from 7-30 days.

If there is someowhere you want to go I suggest either talking to your LT's, Capt AW and even Warden and let them know your interested. They know a lot of folks and how an institution knows to put out an announcement is their Warden gets a call from your Warden telling him/her they have a good staff member x,y,z.

They other way is you could call where you want to go HR department and simply ask if they are planning to post any upcoming announcements for Reassignment eligibles. But I would try running it up the chain at your end unless there are issues.

As a former LT, I will tell you we know lots of folks everywhere and probably worked with somebody that could get something rolling by one call. The higher up you go the quicker the ball could get rolling.

The lateral transfer is a win win for BOP. They are all about diversety ion working at different places and the cost of the move is on you so it costs them nothing and the new institution gets a semi experienced staff that can work almost any post with no training, no time down to go to Glynco etc.

The announcements will look something like this current one from Bryan

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/423736000

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                    If anyone is interested in doing a lateral here is how it works. You have to apply to an individual announcment to said institutuion. What happens is an institution will put out an announcement for usually GL 7 Officers but sometime a 6 and it will state BOP REASSINMENT ELEGIBLES. That tells you only folks in BOP or a displaces GOV employee from another agency that qualifies can apply. Those annopuncments are open anywhere from 7-30 days.

If there is someowhere you want to go I suggest either talking to your LT's, Capt AW and even Warden and let them know your interested. They know a lot of folks and how an institution knows to put out an announcement is their Warden gets a call from your Warden telling him/her they have a good staff member x,y,z.

They other way is you could call where you want to go HR department and simply ask if they are planning to post any upcoming announcements for Reassignment eligibles. But I would try running it up the chain at your end unless there are issues.

As a former LT, I will tell you we know lots of folks everywhere and probably worked with somebody that could get something rolling by one call. The higher up you go the quicker the ball could get rolling.

The lateral transfer is a win win for BOP. They are all about diversety ion working at different places and the cost of the move is on you so it costs them nothing and the new institution gets a semi experienced staff that can work almost any post with no training, no time down to go to Glynco etc.

The announcements will look something like this current one from Bryan

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/423736000
                    I called Coleman HR and the lady told me she couldn't tell me when the reassignment would open but just to put a saved search on usajobs so when it does open I can be notified -_-. And I don't think anyone from my institution knows anyone all the way over there. Plus working morning watch you don't get to meet or befriend too many higher ups lol

Comment

I called Coleman HR and the lady told me she couldn't tell me when the reassignment would open but just to put a saved search on usajobs so when it does open I can be notified -_-. And I don't think anyone from my institution knows anyone all the way over there. Plus working morning watch you don't get to meet or befriend too many higher ups lol
                      If you want something in BOP you best be telling someone what you want because very few times will they ask you. That being said I suggest you talk to a couple LT's and your Capt at a minimum. Someone will know someone at colman or anywhere else. trust me. They either worked with them somewhere else or attended some type of training together and established a contact with them. Thats part of how people get promoted around. Someone calls someone and says "I know this guy/gal that wants to go there, take care of them ETC". Also how it works is you put in for it they "vouch" you out just like a promotion. Their Capt will call your Capt, then their AW will call your AW and then their Warden will call your Warden. Good thing is being non supervisory the region is not involved.

you might want to do a roster on D/W so they can see you, that usually helps. that is not uncommon for the HR to say that but Coleman being the largest complex has lateral announcements several times a year. Plenty of spots.

Good luck
                      Last edited by in625shooter; 12-14-2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                        If you want something in BOP you best be telling someone what you want because very few times will they ask you. That being said I suggest you talk to a couple LT's and your Capt at a minimum. Someone will know someone at colman or anywhere else. trust me. They either worked with them somewhere else or attended some type of training together and established a contact with them. Thats part of how people get promoted around. Also how it works is you put in for it they "vouch" you out just like a promotion. Their Capt will call your Capt, then their AW will call your AW and then their Warden will call your Warden. Good thing is being non supervisory the region is not involved.

you might want to do a roster on D/W so they can see you, that usually helps. that is not uncommon for the HR to say that but Coleman being the largest complex has lateral announcements several times a year. Plenty of spots.

Good luck
                        I'm going to follow your advice thanks for the good luck wishes hopefully I get it soon

Comment

I'm going to follow your advice thanks for the good luck wishes hopefully I get it soon
                          Also, a lot of times the other institution puts out an announcement only AFTER they are contacted that someone wants to lateral there.

They use to do a lateral by a simple you turning in a memo. They changed it to having to apply by an announcement through USAjobs about 6-7 years ago.

Comment

• I received an email in November about openings at Allenwood FCC so I changed it to my first selection and yesterday I received another email

A certificate of eligibles has been requested from Grand Prairie, TX. At this time we pending receipt of this certificate, which is not anticipated until the end of January 2016. Once the certificate is received an Inquiry of Availability (OF-5) will be sent to the listed applicants.

I requested the certificate on November 30, 2015, Grand Prairie staff will "capture" all the applicants with FCC Allenwood as a priority preference. They'll compile a list of BEST QUALIFIED from that "capture."

Comment

• So hopefully it will work out for me. Allenwood is a location I would like to try out.

Comment

• Anyone got info on fairton or fort Dix. Morale, OT overall institution. Any info would be great

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8098 users online. 227 members and 7871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X