X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys what institutions you work at

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdeperr View Post
      Hey dox look on your epp and go to Micellenous and you will see your step increase
      it says 6 step 2. I got hired on as a 6 step 1 so I should be going to 7 right??

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdeperr View Post
        Hey guys what institutions you work at
        You won't get guys posting where they are in the open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• How do grades and steps work? Are you on grade 5 for a year and then move on to grade 6? or do you have to be promoted? How long are you on each step?

Comment

• Yeah you supposed to be a 7 step 2 cause when I started in 08 I was a 5 step 1 then after my year 6 step 2 now in two weeks I should be a 7 step 6 and wait another two years for another increase

Comment

• Nick yeah you start out as 5 step 1 or whatever grade they hire you, after a year you go to the next grade and step the highest you get automatically is your 7 after you get 7 step 4 it's every two years till you max at 7 step 10. Your 8,9,11,12,13 are your competive grades in majority of agencies customs and ice you get your 11 automatically every where else is promotion

Comment

• Thanks, Bigdeperr. Can you turn on your messaging system. I'd like to ask you a question about your BOP experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                  no phones at any post. Your friend can still get jammed up on perimeter.

Annually leave or vacation depends on needs of the institution. Sick leave if abused or a pattern created will get you jammed up. Unpaid leave does not exist as an option unless the warden approves it and it better be a good reason.

The only way annual leave that is scheduled per your institutions master agreement (usually 10% of the staff are allowed to be on leave and scheduled by seniority up to a year in advance) is an institution emergency, and even then it has to be a legitimate emergency. Wardens don't just cancel leave on a whim. You are also allowed to carry over a balance of 240 hours. Anything over 240 you are in use or loose and heve to be at 240 by Jan 10 of each year or loose it. In those instance they can go over the 10% rule.

Leave Without Pay does happen for medical issues, military orders and a few other circumstances. If one does not have enough sick leave or military leave or annual leave to cover legitimate absences. For those few staff that can't come to work (IE lazy LOP's) AWOL happens, which will open an OI case and progressive dicipline.

For staff with legitimate medical issues (surgeries, injuries off duty etc) and they exhast ther sick leave they can do a request for other staff to donate annual leave so you don't have to go without pay. I have donated hundreds of hours to some folks over the years. Ones that take 3 day weekends every other week then cray foul when they get hurt usually don't get the help when they need it.

You can get a letter if you have several 3 day weekends, set a patteren and are always at a almost zero balance however they can't do anything, how can you abuse what you earn?? Yes folks mismanage their leave but thats on them, no different than spending your pay check unwisely.

As far as the phne big no go, more than one person has been called in for it or something on social media. I would suggest folks refrain from broadcasting that type behaivier on any social media or public forums, OIA and OIG surf this site as well as PO.org, and a few years ago a Warden got himmed up on PO.org by OIG. Just a suggestion
                  Last edited by in625shooter; 08-08-2015, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• Go ahead nic2 it's on

Comment

• My status changed to HIRED, does this mean anything yet? Fill out paper spf85 form, had physical, turned in other paperwork! Should I get excited just yet?

Comment

• So what's everyone's favorite/least favorite post while on duty? Also my EOD is coming up and eventually I was thinking about getting into armed transport. How would I go about that once established? What's the process and reqs like? Thanks in advance.
                        Applied: 04/14/14
                        Referred: 05/03/14
                        OF-5 sent: 05/05/14
                        Phase 1-Interview/Test: 06/05/14
                        Conditional Offer Received: 06/20/14
                        E-Qip/SF85P-S Submitted: 06/21/14
                        Phase 2-Fingerprints: 06/26/14
                        Phase 3-UA/Medical/X-Ray: TBA

BOP Candidate
                        Police Academy Certified (ACT 120)
                        Degree in Police Science/Criminal Justice
                        Over 5 years experience in Safety Enforcement

Comment

• Originally posted by e.siracusa View Post
                          So what's everyone's favorite/least favorite post while on duty? Also my EOD is coming up and eventually I was thinking about getting into armed transport. How would I go about that once established? What's the process and reqs like? Thanks in advance.
                          Everyone has different likes/dislikes as far as posts so 2 different people = 2 different answers. You have to attend the BPT class to be assigned to an armed trip off institution grounds, each institution is different but normally for a lot of them you have to be off probationary status before you can attend the class. depending on institutional needs they can have a few classes every year or 1 class whenever maybe every other year.

As far as specifics on regs or protocal I won't put anything else out in an open forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by So Lowe View Post
                            My status changed to HIRED, does this mean anything yet? Fill out paper spf85 form, had physical, turned in other paperwork! Should I get excited just yet?
                            You should be good. I wouldnt get excited just yet though. I received my status change in February and started July 27th. The actual dates are somewhere in this thread. The next step is completing the UA and physical, after that I met with my background investigator prior to my EOD. I think I finally received my firm offer and EOD 2 months later.

Comment

• Go to glynco in the morning anything I should bring?

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                                Go to glynco in the morning anything I should bring?

PATIENCE, You will hear all kinds of BS from some students in your class, some won't know not only when to shut up, the fact that some of them shouldn't even talk. It's not bad other than that, just sit back , listen and take what they say with a grain, they teach a generic BOP way then when you get back you adjust to institution specific stuff and general ways of doing things.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14500 users online. 407 members and 14093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X