Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my BOP status: I completed my interview and "core value assessment" yesterday with a passing score and a couple of hours later I received an email stating a conditional employment offer is being extended on the conditions of passing a UA, medical, and eQuip background. I also have a collections account that has been ongoing with a previous landlord and HR said a payment of any amount will most likely be required which is a bummer but not worth losing out on this opportunity.

Unfortunately, I was also told that the eQuip system is down for "security updates" for an estimated 4 weeks (which I don't understand how it could take that long) and that a firm offer can't be extended until that is submitted and a waiver for employment has been requested. So I'm trying not to get too excited about it since it seems like it will be another 1-2 months and anything can go wrong, but I am one step closer! Also, I received a letter from the Warden of the FCI reiterating that a firm offer would be given to me in writing once I satisfy all conditions. In this letter, it shows all institutions within this FCC and there is a check mark next to the FCI so I am guessing that's where I'll be placed. Is this a very good sign for me or is that a common occurrence?
    BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
      Update on my BOP status: I completed my interview and "core value assessment" yesterday with a passing score and a couple of hours later I received an email stating a conditional employment offer is being extended on the conditions of passing a UA, medical, and eQuip background. I also have a collections account that has been ongoing with a previous landlord and HR said a payment of any amount will most likely be required which is a bummer but not worth losing out on this opportunity.

Unfortunately, I was also told that the eQuip system is down for "security updates" for an estimated 4 weeks (which I don't understand how it could take that long) and that a firm offer can't be extended until that is submitted and a waiver for employment has been requested. So I'm trying not to get too excited about it since it seems like it will be another 1-2 months and anything can go wrong, but I am one step closer! Also, I received a letter from the Warden of the FCI reiterating that a firm offer would be given to me in writing once I satisfy all conditions. In this letter, it shows all institutions within this FCC and there is a check mark next to the FCI so I am guessing that's where I'll be placed. Is this a very good sign for me or is that a common occurrence?
      The EQip down time could be connected to the big OPM breach they just had on everyones background checks etc. As far as set backs it happens don't worry, roll with it. They will pick up where they left off.
      As far as the account that happens as well, just take this time to capitalize on it and make some payments or better yet try and get an agreement from whoever that you agree to pay X number on it each month and you will be good to go, Life happens, as long as you can show your taking care of it most things can be explained away.

Comment

• Yes and unfortunately I am part of that breach and just signed up for the credit monitoring that was offered, hoping everything gets cleared up soon. I just submitted an eQuip for Customs in June but HR said I would have to do a separate one for BOP anyways. And that is a good way to look at it, I will be able to save up some more money and better prepare myself for the out of state move if I am hired. Thanks for the advice as always shooter
        BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• if you work at an FCC, can they bounce you between low, medium and high? example would be FCC Beaumont in Texas which has low medium and high

what if the facility you put in for within the FCC was the low?....do you stay at the low?

Comment

Yes and unfortunately I am part of that breach and just signed up for the credit monitoring that was offered, hoping everything gets cleared up soon. I just submitted an eQuip for Customs in June but HR said I would have to do a separate one for BOP anyways. And that is a good way to look at it, I will be able to save up some more money and better prepare myself for the out of state move if I am hired. Thanks for the advice as always shooter

It is the same E Qip so not really sure about what/why HR is saying that, You log in and everything is there once you create an account, it is actually a great system then the paper ones we did years ago, you had to either keep a copy or re remember all your stuff because even on your 5 year they only did the 5 year you still had to fill out everything like before. new one you simply log in and add any address or other significant changes if any. The only thing why HR said that would be the type of background. Was the Customs service the same "Public Trust" or a different one, they have a couple different ones.

Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
            if you work at an FCC, can they bounce you between low, medium and high? example would be FCC Beaumont in Texas which has low medium and high

what if the facility you put in for within the FCC was the low?....do you stay at the low?
            It usually depends on the FCC. As far as Beaumont and any others with 3 or more institutions, they have institution specific rosters so you are assigned at the FCI or the USP etc. As far as the camp one of the instituions roster covers them. You will be asisgned to whichever one when you hire in. If you end up at one you don't like just bear with it and at some pomit you can request to get moved to one of the other institutions.

Some FCC's with 2 institutions have a complex roster which means you can cop out for and work anywhere, specifically at one institution or some jobs have a couple days at each one throughout the work week.

There are good and bad things with both, I started at a stand alone USP which became a FCC with a new institution built. We are on a complex roster so that is nice so when you get tired or need a break from the USP you cop out for a roster at the FCI or vis versa

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
              It is the same E Qip so not really sure about what/why HR is saying that, You log in and everything is there once you create an account, it is actually a great system then the paper ones we did years ago, you had to either keep a copy or re remember all your stuff because even on your 5 year they only did the 5 year you still had to fill out everything like before. new one you simply log in and add any address or other significant changes if any. The only thing why HR said that would be the type of background. Was the Customs service the same "Public Trust" or a different one, they have a couple different ones.

It usually depends on the FCC. As far as Beaumont and any others with 3 or more institutions, they have institution specific rosters so you are assigned at the FCI or the USP etc. As far as the camp one of the instituions roster covers them. You will be asisgned to whichever one when you hire in. If you end up at one you don't like just bear with it and at some pomit you can request to get moved to one of the other institutions.

Some FCC's with 2 institutions have a complex roster which means you can cop out for and work anywhere, specifically at one institution or some jobs have a couple days at each one throughout the work week.

There are good and bad things with both, I started at a stand alone USP which became a FCC with a new institution built. We are on a complex roster so that is nice so when you get tired or need a break from the USP you cop out for a roster at the FCI or vis versa
              Don't I know it, just spent 4 weeks on D/W @ the FCI, next week back to the USP on M/W which I don't mind the Pen, I'm just a lil burnt out on M/W after 2 qtrs...

Comment

Yeah that's exactly what I thought it should be the same background clearance, unless Customs is Secret, but even then all the information is there. I do admit I was pleasantly surprised when I logged into eQuip and all my info from my TSA eQuip from 2 years ago was already saved in the application. I only needed to add new addresses and contacts so it will be even easier submitting a new one since nothing has changed.
                BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                  Don't I know it, just spent 4 weeks on D/W @ the FCI, next week back to the USP on M/W which I don't mind the Pen, I'm just a lil burnt out on M/W after 2 qtrs...
                  I hate M/W, I don't even work it for O/T. Our S&A comes around every 2 to 2 1/2 years so we can stay on whatever shift we like without rotating per that master agreement that says you have to work all 3 shufts within 3/4 years whatever it says. I like E/W myself, no admin around, get shift differential and my institution gives you a portal pay for sertian posts and all the O/T you can muster on D/W.

Thats one of the great tthings about seniority.

Comment

I hate M/W, I don't even work it for O/T. Our S&A comes around every 2 to 2 1/2 years so we can stay on whatever shift we like without rotating per that master agreement that says you have to work all 3 shufts within 3/4 years whatever it says. I like E/W myself, no admin around, get shift differential and my institution gives you a portal pay for sertian posts and all the O/T you can muster on D/W.
                    What does M/W, E/W, and D/W refer to if you don't mind me asking? And are they terms that most facilities use?
                    Last edited by Capt_Falco; 07-03-2015, 08:54 AM.
                    BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

What does M/W, E/W, and D/W refer to if you don't mind me asking? And are they terms that most facilities use?
                      They are the most previlant shifts. M/W = Morning watch or 12 am to 8 am D/W = Day watch 8am to 4 pm and E/W = evening watch 4 pm to 12 am. They also have some am = 6 am to 2pm and PM = 2 pm to 10 pm on top of that mine also has some 1345 to 2145.
                      Each institution might have theirs set up as everything 6-2 2-10 and 10-6 but I have only heard on one doing that.
                      The bulk are 12am-8am 8am-4pm and 4pm-12 midnight.

Comment

• I'm just glad this is my last qtr as a rookie,I have 38 days left

Comment

I'm just glad this is my last qtr as a rookie,I have 38 days left
                          I got 25 days left! I'll be glad when I'm off probation and can go on with my life hahaha! I'm not a rookie to corrections..just a rookie to BOP.

Comment

• Advise to the new hires coming on....come in humble!!! It was a challenge sometimes keeping my mouth shut while listening to some soup sandwich officer give their spill but its about respect and laying low as a rookie. Even if you heard the same story for the 16th time, just act like you haven't heard it before. I never thru my previous work in other staff members faces & never volunteered to say what I used to do but I had a few opportunities (not many) to brag about my experience because SR staff would see me in action and or see me dealing with the inmates and knew I wasn't new to the game so they would ask "what did you do before this?!".

If you're a Vet..that's cool but that doesn't mean you can handle what prison has to offer. We had a certain person brag and brag and brag about how they were deployed and how they worked the brig etc etc etc but one day.....it popped off and that person looked like a straight lamb chomp caught in headlights!!! This person got crap from all different angles. You don't know how you will respond until it happens so don't think you can walk in and act all macho w/ the Vet badge. I'm sure this person wishes they didn't brag so much!!!

Comment

I'm just glad this is my last qtr as a rookie,I have 38 days left
                              Congratulations. I have 21 days left!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
                                Advise to the new hires coming on....come in humble!!! It was a challenge sometimes keeping my mouth shut while listening to some soup sandwich officer give their spill but its about respect and laying low as a rookie. Even if you heard the same story for the 16th time, just act like you haven't heard it before. I never thru my previous work in other staff members faces & never volunteered to say what I used to do but I had a few opportunities (not many) to brag about my experience because SR staff would see me in action and or see me dealing with the inmates and knew I wasn't new to the game so they would ask "what did you do before this?!".

If you're a Vet..that's cool but that doesn't mean you can handle what prison has to offer. We had a certain person brag and brag and brag about how they were deployed and how they worked the brig etc etc etc but one day.....it popped off and that person looked like a straight lamb chomp caught in headlights!!! This person got crap from all different angles. You don't know how you will respond until it happens so don't think you can walk in and act all macho w/ the Vet badge. I'm sure this person wishes they didn't brag so much!!!
                                Great Advice!! Another thing I would like to add is dont offer suggestions as a rookie. The institution has been running the way it has for long before you ever came in. Im a rookie and I caught myself complaining about how the post orders are written - very vague and non descriptive. Needless to say I got put in my place real quick. Looking back, I should have never said anything. Keep your mouth shut and ears and eyes open!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7441 users online. 290 members and 7151 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X