Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joshrod141inf View Post
    What is Portal Pay?
    Portal issues cause some heated debate on both sides of the isle so First I am just the messenger and did not cause things, I am just explaining things. Portal pay is basically extra for getting to work since you have to pick up equipment from control etc before you even get to your post for your 8 hours. There have been several arbitration throughout BOP where they (the GOV) have had to pay out certain money amounts to custody staff. The reason was as custody you have to work your 8 hours plus some because in most cases you have to wait on your relief and at some institution you have a 10 or so walk to and from.

A few institutions actually have portal pay worked in so that certain posts get so much added each day for portal (usually around 15 min of O/T a day). At my institution they paid out several portal checks over the years where custody staff received one time some got a little and others received 30,000 minus taxes. Another time we all got 4,000 and after that when a new warden reneged on the agreement and stopped paying a daily portal. The Union went back to arbitration and we got anywhere from a little to 9,000 depending on is one worked an original post that was covered. After that one they decided to write it in to certain posts

Some institutions are still just going to arbitration every few years and a few have an agreement so a hand full of posts get it and some do not. Just depends.

Is it sort of BS, probably but all of it was created way before my time. Portal actually goes back to the coal mines of WV where miners had to take those long rides down the mine well before their 8 or 12 hours started.

Comment

• Is there a difference between "referred" and "referred to selecting official"? Someone at Grand Prairie told me that there was a difference and referred is a two step process. I'm just confused on what the difference is.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
        Is there a difference between "referred" and "referred to selecting official"? Someone at Grand Prairie told me that there was a difference and referred is a two step process. I'm just confused on what the difference is.
        Thats a new one on me. To get referred you have to BQ so not really sure what that person meant. So basically see if it says BQ or not, the BQ is the key no matter what someone tells you because there is only one type of BQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
          Thats a new one on me. To get referred you have to BQ so not really sure what that person meant. So basically see if it says BQ or not, the BQ is the key no matter what someone tells you because there is only one type of BQ.
          After doing an abundance of research on Google and other forums, I've come to the conclusion that any application status updates via USA Jobs or BOP website need to be taken with a grain of salt, and the only thing that matters is when the institution reaches out to you regarding an interview. One guy was telling me how he's been OTJ for a year and his status says "referred" still.

Comment

• http://6abc.com/news/us-officials-ma...l-data/766839/

That may be why some of us haven't heard anything recently...

Comment

After doing an abundance of research on Google and other forums, I've come to the conclusion that any application status updates via USA Jobs or BOP website need to be taken with a grain of salt, and the only thing that matters is when the institution reaches out to you regarding an interview. One guy was telling me how he's been OTJ for a year and his status says "referred" still.
              I was offered an interview with the BOP and my status still says "received." Meanwhile, I have an "Eligible - Referred for Selection Consideration" and a "Referred" status with two other agencies. I haven't heard back from either in months. I wouldn't take those statuses seriously.

Comment

• Don't worry about the status. Once you get and of5 you are good. My status changed to hired 2 months before I got a firm start date.

Comment

http://6abc.com/news/us-officials-ma...l-data/766839/

That may be why some of us haven't heard anything recently...
                  That has nothing to do with Grand Prarie. Besides it happens more and more with the FEDs anymore. A few months ago all the Federal Blue Cross and Shield insureance folks got letters for basically the same thing.

Comment

• Question for you guys...in regards to the East Texas Facilities: Fort Worth FCI and Seagoville how hard is it to get on with these two institutions?

Comment

• Originally posted by HOPEFUL_LEO_91 View Post
                      Question for you guys...in regards to the East Texas Facilities: Fort Worth FCI and Seagoville how hard is it to get on with these two institutions?
                      Fort Worth seems to hire more than Seagoville. they are both low institutions which normally don't take a lot of staff. Seagoville having activated in the 1940's or 50's is an old school institution and being a low not a lot happens. They do have a jail unit with pre and post trial holdovers. Fort Worth has a Care Level 3 mission which is basically a lot of inmates with medical issues a step away from an actual medical center. Fort Worth actually use to be a Federal Medical Center but about 8 years abo changed to a low FCI. The care level 3 mission is why it hires more than seagoville.

there is also FMC Carswell right up the road as well. I have had friends work there and none of them ever complained, they all said it is very quiet.

Comment

• Perfect thank you. I applied the day of the announcement and put both Fort Worth as Seagoville as my 2 choices. Still awaiting an email..I received BQ on both grades.

Comment

• Myself and a friend of mine from work both got EOD's on Friday!!! I finally made it and my buddy is coming with me! July 13th!

Comment

• Just got a email FCI Big Springs in TX needs CO's
                            FCI Big Spring is looking to hire 25 Correctional Officers during the months of June and July. I will be requesting an official certificate of applicants on Friday, June 12, 2015. If you wish to be considered for one of the 25 positions, please make Big Spring your first choice

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                              Just got a email FCI Big Springs in TX needs CO's
                              FCI Big Spring is looking to hire 25 Correctional Officers during the months of June and July. I will be requesting an official certificate of applicants on Friday, June 12, 2015. If you wish to be considered for one of the 25 positions, please make Big Spring your first choice
                              General question for you. While this Facility mentions the months they are aiming to hire, most emails of this kind do not. To that end, how long should you keep a facility as your #1 choice before giving up? I have placed two separate facilities (both actively hiring) as my #1 choice in the last 2 months and, despite a BQ rank, never heard back. Should I put Big Spring as my #1 or hope the other facility is still hiring?

PS: I tried to make that as simple as possible, but it still sounds convoluted.

Comment

• Disregard double post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7320 users online. 372 members and 6948 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X