Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nope I'm flying down. Thanks for the tip I love BBQ. How were the test?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dod299 View Post
      Yea I know, we had a 57 y/o Doc who passed, barley but he passed...

      Remember for you guys trying to get on, a few things that will get you walked out,
      1.Being dirty
      2.being dirty
      3.not counting
      4. Being dirty lol
      While it's OK to be human and talk to the inmates don't get to personal, I/M's are not your friends, also be careful about sharing personal info with fellow staff many I/M's find out personal info about you from fellow C/O's
      5, Computer misuse ie any porn in your H drive (yes somewhere right now a rookie is doing it and will get caught on Monday and walked out) ans well as inappropriate E mails. Remember the E in E mail stands for EVIDENCE!

      Comment


      • Don't hook up with inmates and bring **** in and ur good lol

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
          Don't hook up with inmates and bring **** in and ur good lol
          I believe that is covered by the "Being Dirty" blanket statement.

          The best advice I can give anyone that is new is in their first year is show up for work on time, as many Drama Kings and Queens BOP has if you simply show up for work on time and don't become "That Guy" they forget you work there and your year is up. Also do not bang in sick, learn the SENTRY system/Control etc and find a couple SOLID dudes to mentor from. The time for you to bang in here and there will come. Don't fall into what the 15-20 year guys get away with. Most have earned a little sluff off time. Yours will come.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
            I believe that is covered by the "Being Dirty" blanket statement.

            The best advice I can give anyone that is new is in their first year is show up for work on time, as many Drama Kings and Queens BOP has if you simply show up for work on time and don't become "That Guy" they forget you work there and your year is up. Also do not bang in sick, learn the SENTRY system/Control etc and find a couple SOLID dudes to mentor from. The time for you to bang in here and there will come. Don't fall into what the 15-20 year guys get away with. Most have earned a little sluff off time. Yours will come.
            I Generally enjoy coming to work, my I/M's don't really cause me grief, I do believe in firm fair and consistent and they know I'll consistently turn up, if that's the tone they set, and if they're doing what their supposed to be doing, we'll have a smooth 8 hrs.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dod299 View Post
              I Generally enjoy coming to work, my I/M's don't really cause me grief, I do believe in firm fair and consistent and they know I'll consistently turn up, if that's the tone they set, and if they're doing what their supposed to be doing, we'll have a smooth 8 hrs.
              It is what you make of it, for what you can make with minimal O/T etc let alone in my first 10 years my base salary alone doubled from 30,500 to 60,000 then factor in Sunday pay, shift diff, Portal pay and O/T on top of that. We have guys making more than an AW at 100,000 so what few issues are easy. Just deal with stuff as it happens. I will say there are always a couple things that make me laugh everyday I am at work, Usually a couple things staff members do/get themselves into. A couple things inmates do/get them self into and then there are the suggestions the administration comes up with. Sometimes it is better than cable TV.

              Comment


              • So how does the interview/physical work? Going in for mine on Thursday and would like a heads up on what to expect. Also do you get to leave and come back for lunch or do u have to order out? I know a facility I worked for the state of IL let us leave for breaks but I'm thinking the Feds are a whole different animal.
                I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
                  So how does the interview/physical work? Going in for mine on Thursday and would like a heads up on what to expect. Also do you get to leave and come back for lunch or do u have to order out? I know a facility I worked for the state of IL let us leave for breaks but I'm thinking the Feds are a whole different animal.
                  It is like any other interview. A little easier than a traditional LE interview bt they still will gauge your ability. They have started some kind of assessment test within the last 8 ish months and that is about all I will say.

                  As far as breaks I am taking you are referring to after you are working. As an Officer you don't (normally) get a duty free lunch etc. You eat when you can. Some places/posts you can go to the Officers Mess and get something to take back to your unit during days Mon thru Fri. On evenings, mornings (mid nights) and weekends as well as if your institution is not set up for you to get to the OM bring what you need for 16 hours every day (again depending on the institution you might be subject to being mandatoried for O/T) During the interview it depends on how many folks are there, what time you start etc. They usually don't have you leave unless they take a break and have you come back that day for the medical etc.The only Physical you do is during the medical they make sure you can walk and talk. I have seen it all get done the same day and other times they have broken it up. Depends on the interview load.

                  Comment


                  • I keep seeing people asking the same questions & or rephrasing them. Majority of your FAQ's can be found thru out this thread. Stop being lazy and do the research for yourself. You can't be spoon feed all the time. Our LT's don't mind question here and there but if you never read over your post orders or go on sallyport and review policy....they will get ****ed because it shows you're too lazy to do a little digging.

                    I don't post this out of anger but just want to let the new people on here know that most of your already asked questions have been answered. Take a few min & go thru this thread. Good luck to everybody & hope you get the job!!

                    Comment


                    • That same thing happened to me at FCC Tucson in 2012. I got fired from my Part-Time job between my Conditional and my final. That HURT. Applied a year later, told them what happened on the phone, made the trip for the interview then was told I couldn't be hired yet, wouldn't tell me why. Now I am waiting on my final for USP Leavenworth...Long time coming

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by joshrod141inf View Post
                        That same thing happened to me at FCC Tucson in 2012. I got fired from my Part-Time job between my Conditional and my final. That HURT. Applied a year later, told them what happened on the phone, made the trip for the interview then was told I couldn't be hired yet, wouldn't tell me why. Now I am waiting on my final for USP Leavenworth...Long time coming
                        I've heard some people go in for interviews with no background issues besides being fired from a job and they are shown the door within seconds. A guy I was talking to on another forum was fired from 3 jobs and was still hired with BOP. I think it really depends on the facility and HR staff. I have an interview this week and I'm totally clean other than a termination from 3 years ago. No idea how this is gonna play out. Total coin flip.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                          I've heard some people go in for interviews with no background issues besides being fired from a job and they are shown the door within seconds. A guy I was talking to on another forum was fired from 3 jobs and was still hired with BOP. I think it really depends on the facility and HR staff. I have an interview this week and I'm totally clean other than a termination from 3 years ago. No idea how this is gonna play out. Total coin flip.
                          Thats crazy. Here if you get an interview you have the job. I had some screw ups on my credit from 8 years ago with $500 in collections and they just made me pay it off before I started.

                          Comment


                          • what are the Unit Secretary jobs like in the BOP?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nick2 View Post
                              what are the Unit Secretary jobs like in the BOP?
                              If you want to be locked into a GL 6 spot ok, you are covered in paperwork as the title implies. Most will maybe be lucky and get a GL 7 AW secretary spot and fewer more might luck out and get a Wardens secretary as a GL 8. very few move up though since those openings are few and far between. If you want weekends and holidays off it is an easy way at say a stand alone since you would have to have 25 years seniority to get weekends off at a stand alone low FCI.

                              Secretary positions are predominately female. I have personally only known one guy that did it and that was for weekends off and only til he got a Case Manager job.

                              Comment


                              • What is Portal Pay?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8067 users online. 254 members and 7813 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X