Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I just thought I would update my status for those waiting to getting on with the BOP.
    09/03/14 Applied
    02/27/15 Referred
    03/27/15 OF5
    04/09/15 Interview
    04/14/15 eQip
    05/18/15 EOD
    I did my whole interview, drug test, physical, fingerprints, and received my conditional offer the same day of the interview. It has been quite a process, but I've finally got it done and I start in the morning! Hang in there people it's coming!
    Last edited by rob08; 05-19-2015, 06:44 AM.

    Comment


    • Thanks for sharing that information rob08 and congrats! I've been getting anxious because my app was referred about a month ago and I haven't heard anything, but it seems like a month is nothing in the bop timeline. Guess the best advice really is to forget that you applied and just go on with life haha. Good luck man
      BOP 10/04/2015

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
        Thanks for sharing that information rob08 and congrats! I've been getting anxious because my app was referred about a month ago and I haven't heard anything, but it seems like a month is nothing in the bop timeline. Guess the best advice really is to forget that you applied and just go on with life haha. Good luck man
        No problem! If you have been referred and haven't heard anything it couldn't hurt to call. Don't lose hope though because HR has a big workload. Keep us posted.

        Comment


        • Congratulations Rob. Indeed it does take a while to get hired on at BOP. Several times I would go a few weeks without hearing a single word and would start applying for other jobs. All of a sudden out of nowhere I would get a phone call from HR or my background investigator and it woudl restore my hope. I was so relieved when I finally started working!

          Comment


          • Got my fletc date for August. I started in March

            Comment


            • congrats DH...what do you do till fletc? do they give you OC/baton and just send you on your way? OJT? thanks for any help.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                Congratulations Rob. Indeed it does take a while to get hired on at BOP. Several times I would go a few weeks without hearing a single word and would start applying for other jobs. All of a sudden out of nowhere I would get a phone call from HR or my background investigator and it woudl restore my hope. I was so relieved when I finally started working!
                I know the feeling! Ready to get this rookie year over and move up in my career.

                Comment


                • Pretty much that's how it goes here's your keys,cuffs,gas, and radio oh an don't forget chit out your equipment and have a nice day if you get that lol
                  Originally posted by RyanWasleyGB View Post
                  congrats DH...what do you do till fletc? do they give you OC/baton and just send you on your way? OJT? thanks for any help.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                    Pretty much that's how it goes here's your keys,cuffs,gas, and radio oh an don't forget chit out your equipment and have a nice day if you get that lol
                    No oc or baton. It goes like this-today XA is your post for the day, chit out Keys, cuffs and radio for XA unit, If you have questions call XB. Good luck. You see a Lt. Once a day doing his rounds in the units. Other than that it's you, your radio and your inmates. Sad part is you will have some inmates who will help you and be like, Hey CO heads up that door is unlocked or hey CO you know we do this in X minutes right?...i learned more from inmates my first week than staff. Yeah you get burned by some but it's expected when you don't really get trained,as long as you learn to say no to inmates, do your rounds and stick to the post orders you are good. I am still amazed at the lack of training bop provides to New hires Givin the situation we are in. We had 0 self defense, defensive tactics training which is huge. And when I asked about it almost 2 months in to the job I was referred to a Sally port page online with videos...when you get put on morning watch you will have a lot of down time. Get on the computer and do the online development courses, there is a good amount of decent classes on there to watch.

                    Comment


                    • I applied for years for this position and got nowhere until recently. Got an email to fill out my OF-5 form and got a phone call an hour later. Interview on June 4th! Just focusing on getting in better shape for FLETC and sorting out any credit issues.
                      I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
                        I applied for years for this position and got nowhere until recently. Got an email to fill out my OF-5 form and got a phone call an hour later. Interview on June 4th! Just focusing on getting in better shape for FLETC and sorting out any credit issues.
                        Fletc is a joke for BoP. Everyone passes the pt. It's designed so an old nurse or admin person could pass it.

                        Comment


                        • I heard lol! But my weight is starting to affect my kneese. A 4 mile walk/jog a day and vegetable soup twice a day every day until the Academy and i should be good.
                          I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
                            I heard lol! But my weight is starting to affect my kneese. A 4 mile walk/jog a day and vegetable soup twice a day every day until the Academy and i should be good.
                            Lol skip the soup eat real food like chicken and vegetables. Soups got too much sodium that will make you retain water.

                            Comment


                            • Its homemade no salt all chopped vegetables with a little beef for flavor.
                              I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

                              Comment


                              • So if the pt and defensive training arent all that great, should i invest in some mma and krav maga training?
                                I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 17637 users online. 450 members and 17187 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X