Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you get an age waiver, they will allow you to get 20 in; but not one day more. If you retire before 20 the pension multiplier drops to like 1.

Comment

• Does any one know what the criteria is for being recredited for past BOP time? It was a long time ago, I rehired then hear that it should be used for seniority purposes. Any one know for sure?

Comment

• Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
        Thanks for responding and those of you that responded threw private messages I thank you also. Is there anybody here that work in MDC Brooklyn??
        what would you like to know about MDC brooklyn? a few of my army buddies works there and we always sharing stories about eachother job. If i dont know, i can definately find out for u.
        Last edited by 20NOutLife; 04-25-2015, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
          I would refrain from any of that. The whole HR 218 thing is not accurate. It was LEOSA. The HR 218 was only the number of the bill HR stands for House Resolution and 218 was the number of House Resolutions it was for that year so in 2004 HR 218 was the legislation introducing LEOSA that year. Every year if they get up past 218 bills introduced there will be another HR 218. So the folks pan handling those things are about as dumb as the ones that buy into it.

Several BOP Employee clubs at institutions as well as the approved uniform vendors sell several Wallets and items with the BOP star-burst badge on them but be warned DO NOT GET HIMMED UP FLASHING ANY BADGE. BOP employees have ZERO statutory powers of arrest of duty. The only right you have is you are qualified to carry a personal firearm with you.
          Actually the main arrest power you do have is when someone assault you, You should just detain them until Local LEO arrives. One of the requirement of LEOSA beside, being qualified, not under the influence of alcohols, drugs etc, is the power to make an arrest or detained individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
            Does any one know what the criteria is for being recredited for past BOP time? It was a long time ago, I rehired then hear that it should be used for seniority purposes. Any one know for sure?
            If you had 3 years in BOP and went on to something else then came back they basically will credit you those 3 years from your new EOD date.

Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
            Actually the main arrest power you do have is when someone assault you, You should just detain them until Local LEO arrives. One of the requirement of LEOSA beside, being qualified, not under the influence of alcohols, drugs etc, is the power to make an arrest or detained individuals.
            Arrest powers are arrest powers, there are some that would most likely be used than others but they all have equal weight. Not that any of us know/remember the last time a BOP employee arrested anyone but there are 3 circumstances off institution grounds and 8 time on institution grounds. Also the whole statutory powers of arrest and LEOSA is now a misnomer with the 2013 update they changed the wording to also include (detain) to cover the Military LE community both civilian DOD Police as well as Military Police members.

One other thing on that, the only reason to involve the local Police is/would be for processing. They cover the whole statutory powers of arrest (somewhat) but you would be surprised at how far that is removed from most BOP staff's mind. Being BOP is Federal the FBI would immediately be involved due to BOP is a Federal LE entity and it would be a Federal charge.

Comment

• I have a question regarding SF 86 background specifically the residency section. They want you to list one neighbor from every address that you ever had. How does this work for someone that went to college for four years and lived in a different dorm room each year? I could list some of my roommates first names and even some of their last names and phone numbers but I have no idea who lived next to me. I have neighbors phone numbers and addresses for my non-college past residences.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                I have a question regarding SF 86 background specifically the residency section. They want you to list one neighbor from every address that you ever had. How does this work for someone that went to college for four years and lived in a different dorm room each year? I could list some of my roommates first names and even some of their last names and phone numbers but I have no idea who lived next to me. I have neighbors phone numbers and addresses for my non-college past residences.
                As asinine as it seems they want a contact for each address. While they may WANT a neighbor with today's world and situations like yours they don't have to be a neighbor per say. Just list someone that new and could identify that you lived where you lived. Also explain it to the BG investigator so they know, the ones worth their weight knows how things pan out. There are Military folks that are in similar situations. I had to list bases I was stationed at that were closed for almost 10 years for my initial background. Hard to find them before the advent of facebook and such.

Comment

• I also had a similar problem. I was a reservists for the past 7 years but would constantly get mobilized and go to different places. I went to several different countries and also went back and forth between my residency and the base I was stationed at 3 hours from where I live.

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                    I also had a similar problem. I was a reservists for the past 7 years but would constantly get mobilized and go to different places. I went to several different countries and also went back and forth between my residency and the base I was stationed at 3 hours from where I live.
                    How did that work out for you? Was your BI understanding?

Comment

• When choosing your first and second location preference- does it hurt you if a facility pulls a list and you put them down as #2 instead of #1 or does it not make a difference?

Comment

When choosing your first and second location preference- does it hurt you if a facility pulls a list and you put them down as #2 instead of #1 or does it not make a difference?
                        Chances of your second choice pulling a cert list and calling you= Very rare to never...Most if not all institutions call up first choice applicants only

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
                          Chances of your second choice pulling a cert list and calling you= Very rare to never...Most if not all institutions call up first choice applicants only
                          Thats understandable with what im assuming is a high volume of applicants. My second was FCI Jesup but word on the street is that they only accept transfers and that it is a homestead institution.

Comment

• For the Cali facilities that offer the 14-17% recruitment bonus- do you receive that every year or just when you initially make the move?

Comment

For the Cali facilities that offer the 14-17% recruitment bonus- do you receive that every year or just when you initially make the move?

You only get it once and it will be on your 1st check. If you are transferring from another Fed job good luck on getting that bonus. Several people came from other Fed job but did NOT get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
                                You only get it once and it will be on your 1st check. If you are transferring from another Fed job good luck on getting that bonus. Several people came from other Fed job but did NOT get it.
                                That's what I figured, but a guy on another forum told me that you get that 14-17% bonus in one lump sum your first year, and then it gets added to your salary each additional year. I didn't think that made sense. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16617 users online. 475 members and 16142 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X