Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tigers2007
    commented on 's reply
    That’s fine; I meant it as a figure of speech. I already have my Fed LEOSA creds for one agency and hopefully will grab another set from my current agency when I leave soon.

• tigers2007
    commented on 's reply
    There is no pay entitlement if you aren’t forced out of a job (exceptions are typically RIF, reclass, etc). It’s all up to the hiring officials to justify it. My Federal high-3 average is $90k but I’ve bounced around the Fed. I asked if my GL would at least match my current GS and they said the local HR would make that decision, the courtesy interview location I was at said that they usually come very close.

• pissedoff
    commented on 's reply
    Its sad that this behavior occurs at the BOP. It seems what gets officers jammed up is falsifying their log while on shift. NEVER NEVER NEVER falsify official documents (log). Case in point in the last 1-2 years 6 BOP officers have been brought up on federal charges for inputting in their log that they had conducted 'rounds' when in fact they did not. There are cameras inside these federal prisons and why would any officer lie and input in the log they did rounds knowing damn well most of the housing units to include solitary confinement has state of the art cameras!

• pissedoff
    replied
    Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind pulling OT on the weekends. I tested and interviewed already. I asked a million questions and I’m looking forward to the call and the opportunity to add yet another Fed badge to the collection over my nomadic career. The good news is that I’ll hit twenty covered sooner than later. Who knows maybe I’ll like it and stay longer.
    There is no "fed badge" with the BOP.
    Last edited by pissedoff; 04-24-2020, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bowhunter2116
    replied
    FCI Edgefield is looking to hire another class of 15 in may and 15 in June. Anyone in the southeast region that is interested I would suggest applying. Grades 5,6, and 7 are being hired.

Leave a comment:

• LevelHeaded
    commented on 's reply
    Lompoc is hurting right now with the spread of Covid19. They’re taking anyone they can get, apply, call down and speak with HR.

• Keyturner
    commented on 's reply
    You would probably have a better chance of getting hired at Victorville. It's a complex with over 400 COs. Lompoc probably has less than half that number.

• in625shooter
    commented on 's reply
    There could be a couple exceptions but how it "Normally " goes is you wont lose pay. If your a GD and come over to BOP it's a GL so a GS 5 step 10 is lower than a GL 5 step 10. You generally wont make more money at first but again there's probably a case somewhere its not.

As far as TIG coming from another agency. I have seen some plead their case and get it and others not. My suggestion badger the with your documentation (after you start) and make them tell you no.

Whike not a concrete answer, Hope that it gives you a better idea

• dangerr101
    replied
    So how does TIG work. Say you have been a GS5 with an agency for 6months and get hired with BOP as gl5 with zero break in service. Do you have to do 1 year as GL5 or only 6 months?

So if your a gs5 step 10 with federal civilian agency. Will you be hired as a GL5 step 10 with BOP?
    Last edited by dangerr101; 04-18-2020, 10:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tjwright95
    replied
    Anyone know if Lompoc, CA is hiring?

I was looking forward to starting the process with Victorville but it took entirely too long to even get the ball rolling.

I just got hired as a DACP 0083 buut im trying to get closer back home and do something productive. I'm hoping with my training, experience, and now secret clearance itll help.

Thank you in advance!

Leave a comment:

• A300!
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the insight I really do appreciate it. I realize I sounded frustrated, but I think it was the timing of it all that got to me. As I mentioned, I already declined the interview at Hazelton so I will have to wait until the July timeline and I hope by then, things will be a lot better. I am still debating as to whether or not I should switch my preference to another institution that might also be hiring soon, but depending on timing, I might run into the same situation as before.

On another note, I can't believe that you had a firm offer rescinded over something and you had to wait several more months. That must have been really frustrating to you and the other 2 you mentioned.

• in625shooter
    replied
    Originally posted by A300! View Post
    I actually got to a notification to fill out an OF-5 for Hazelton last week but I had to decline the interview on Friday because I could not get a courtesy interview. I live in Connecticut and I could not get Danbury, New York, Brooklyn, Fort Dix or Fairton to do a courtesy interview because of the virus. West Virginia was too far a drive for me. I felt upset but I had no choice. The HR person did put me on their July timeline which I appreciated but I really wish it did not have to come to it. Then I come across this article which was posted yesterday:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/walterp.../#20a2c46733b5

The article says that the BOP plans to increase hiring for "key positions and locations" but how can they hire when institutions can't even do courtesy interviews or even regular interviews? I know I am ranting here and I realize I am probably not the only one with this experience, but between my recent experience and this article, I can't help but notice a conflict. If anyone has any insight on this, I would appreciate it.

I will answer as a 20 year guy and I am not being a dick just the straight and narrow. The Courtesy interview is just that. A courtesy. Which means even in normal times they don't have to do it As far as HR. Like every staff or place there are good and bad examples. Some work for you some dont care and rubber stamp the minimum.

This madness will eventually level our. It probably seems worse because you are trying to get on. Believe it or not there are a 100 different scenarios on bobbled hiring dates. I was given a firm offer in Nov 20 some years ago but then they rescinded it 3 days later. I (and the other 2 that hired with me) had to wait for Apr then came on board because of a since failed recruitment thing they did (and Iwe all 3 had Vet points)

So first rule in BOP....don't take anything personal. Everyone gets caught up in some HR BS at some point.

In your specific case If you want in as quick as possible I'd plan to interview at Hazelton. This does 2 things 1 You get face to face time with the people you will be around. and 2 You get to check out the area. Especially if a move involves a Wife. You might see the area and say Heck no.

Not saying anything bad about courtesy interviews as they can also benefit members but if you want on as fast as you can as far as right now that's about your only option.

That said if you have decent employment (not saying you like it but decent and Bill's paid) Simply sit back and cruse as BOP will be hiring. There are a ton of us retiring this year so the hiring will be there in the foreseeable future.

Good Luck
    Last edited by in625shooter; 04-16-2020, 10:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• A300!
    replied
    I actually got to a notification to fill out an OF-5 for Hazelton last week but I had to decline the interview on Friday because I could not get a courtesy interview. I live in Connecticut and I could not get Danbury, New York, Brooklyn, Fort Dix or Fairton to do a courtesy interview because of the virus. West Virginia was too far a drive for me. I felt upset but I had no choice. The HR person did put me on their July timeline which I appreciated but I really wish it did not have to come to it. Then I come across this article which was posted yesterday:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/walterp.../#20a2c46733b5

The article says that the BOP plans to increase hiring for "key positions and locations" but how can they hire when institutions can't even do courtesy interviews or even regular interviews? I know I am ranting here and I realize I am probably not the only one with this experience, but between my recent experience and this article, I can't help but notice a conflict. If anyone has any insight on this, I would appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• jahson83
    replied
    I just got a notification to fill out a OF-5 form I requested Brooklyn MDC and it seems like I got my request
    I have a few questions

How is the schedule?
    Swaps or Mutual tours permitted?
    Hows the OT at Brooklyn MDC?

any info would be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• in625shooter
    commented on 's reply
    Was your post BOP GOV pay above GS 6 step 10? Because that's about the only 2 scenarios OR you had your 6 close enough to a year TIG.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6657 users online. 444 members and 6213 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X