Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can try changing the location you applied for too. Some hire more than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by oef_vet View Post
      You can try changing the location you applied for too. Some hire more than others.

Thanks. I switched to Coleman. They seem to hire in large numbers.

Comment

• google fehb

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
          google fehb
          Seems like that is almost all Aetna plans. Is the link I posted usable as well?

http://www.fepblue.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerami View Post
            Can anyone tell me what medical benefits deductions typically are.......or where to find that info?

I realize that there are probably several choices on the matter, but if anyone can give me a ballpark I would appreciate it.

*Think I found what I was looking for.

http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insura...5.pdf#page=171

Originally posted by Jerami View Post
            Seems like that is almost all Aetna plans. Is the link I posted usable as well?

http://www.fepblue.org/
            It depends on which plan you use as to how much money you have deducted. Some plans have lower employee payouts but higher co pays or vis versa. There are a smorgasbord of offerings so do your research and choose a plan that works for you. I use federal Blue Cross and Blue Shield and pay about 200.00 a pay and the GOV pays over 1,000 a month. I am happy with it. there might be a couple better than that but it works well for my families situation.

Originally posted by rob08 View Post
            Also remember, everyone that gets an interview won't necessarily get the job. A lot of people don't pass the background investigation. In some cases people don't get pass the interview process. This will leave the position yet unfilled, so they will be hiring again at some point.
            They interview 3 people for every 1 position. that usually ensures someone that makes it threw the interview will make it through the background. And if all three are good they will probably hire all 3 (spots permitting) because sometimes there will be 3 people that won't make the cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
              They interview 3 people for every 1 position. that usually ensures someone that makes it threw the interview will make it through the background. And if all three are good they will probably hire all 3 (spots permitting) because sometimes there will be 3 people that won't make the cut.
              I have a friend that works for the BOP and that facility wanted to hire for 18 positions. Only 9 of the 18 people they hired cleared the background investigation.
              Last edited by rob08; 03-22-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• We need quite a few. Word is 23+. Yet we hear that between the new test, drug tests, and credit checks 90% are disqualifying. Not sure if this is fact, but we are not seeing the people we need getting hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
                  We need quite a few. Word is 23+. Yet we hear that between the new test, drug tests, and credit checks 90% are disqualifying. Not sure if this is fact, but we are not seeing the people we need getting hired.
                  New test? Do you know any details that can be shared? I'm drug free and have excellent credit so no problems there...

Comment

We need quite a few. Word is 23+. Yet we hear that between the new test, drug tests, and credit checks 90% are disqualifying. Not sure if this is fact, but we are not seeing the people we need getting hired.
                    The failing of the drug test is what I find most bizarre. All candidates know they are going to be tested, so if you've recently used drugs- why apply? I don't get it...

Comment

• Originally posted by rob08 View Post
                      I have a friend that works for the BOP and that facility wanted to hire for 18 positions. Only 9 of the 18 people they hired cleared the background investigation.
                      There are less issues with folks getting walked out over background issues than there use to be. The reason is HR goes over the same questions looking for any obvious "show stoppers". If they are disqualifying or the type to cause you not to clear they will tell the applicant to get the item cleared up and reapply.Sometimes it is only a matter of waiting a year or 2 until they are past that window.

Usually the folks that get walked out lie or never fully disclose their record to HR and the E Qip system and when the BG Investigator finds out that is what gets the bulk of them walked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by oef_vet View Post
                        New test? Do you know any details that can be shared? I'm drug free and have excellent credit so no problems there...
                        As for the test, it is the one that has been in use for nearly a year. It requires your response to variou scenarios. This is done before the Interview. It is pass fail.

Comment

• We hear a lot of rumors, no solid facts. In Colo. pot is legal. I wonder if that is a factor? I would think anyone pursuing this career field would know better than to use, but who knows?
                          Coming out of a bad financial time has probably hurt many peoples credit.

Comment

We hear a lot of rumors, no solid facts. In Colo. pot is legal. I wonder if that is a factor? I would think anyone pursuing this career field would know better than to use, but who knows?
                            Coming out of a bad financial time has probably hurt many peoples credit.
                            Drugs are still illegal in the eyes of the Federal GOV they just choose to allow the states to do their thing as far as certain types of usage. It's use is still not allowed for a large percentage of employees and especially Federal Government employees and a condition of employment so local laws do not matter.

As far as credit issues that is a big percentage of the show stoppers but usually as long as you are currently paying your just debt it's not a problem. They don't have a debt to income limit just what any past due amounts are if they are above so much, whic is pretty forgiving. Folks that get shut out over credit either are very bad/careless with their bills or in a couple cases had bad luck (very sick spouse/child) with large medical bills but in that case as long as you are paying whatever a month and have a letter they usually won't disqualify over that.

Comment

• Do you guys know if you have chances being "Highly Qualified"?

I got HQ and applied to Victorville/Tucson FCC's

Comment

• Originally posted by CristoGama View Post
                                Do you guys know if you have chances being "Highly Qualified"?

I got HQ and applied to Victorville/Tucson FCC's

Sorry but thats a big Negative. The only way to get on the list they pull for interviews is to be rated Best Qualified (BQ). You need to go back and tweak your application. Articulate your job experience to better reflect the KSA's however don't exaggerate it into a lie.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11236 users online. 330 members and 10906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X