Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So within 24 hours, I recieved an email from USAjobs informing me that my application status has "changed", but when I click on the link and log in, it still says application status "recieved". That's kind of weird. Maybe it's just slow in updating it and the email comes first?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
      So within 24 hours, I recieved an email from USAjobs informing me that my application status has "changed", but when I click on the link and log in, it still says application status "recieved". That's kind of weird. Maybe it's just slow in updating it and the email comes first?
      Same thing happened to me with both of my USA jobs applications.

Comment

So within 24 hours, I recieved an email from USAjobs informing me that my application status has "changed", but when I click on the link and log in, it still says application status "recieved". That's kind of weird. Maybe it's just slow in updating it and the email comes first?

Yeah, I believe USAJOBS updates at midnight. My status changed as well. Whenever my status changed in the past I always received an email around midnight. Just keep the faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by rob08 View Post
          Yeah, I believe USAJOBS updates at midnight. My status changed as well. Whenever my status changed in the past I always received an email around midnight. Just keep the faith.
          Gotcha. So it was pretty much nothing. I have no experience applying to federal jobs, so I'm kinda lost on some things.

Comment

I know you guys are anxious to get on but your worrying to much, Grand Prairie usually runs a couple days behind (sometimes more than a couple days) on updating the profile on USAjobs.

2 weeks in NOTHING

Comment

• apply and forget about it no sense in stressing the app...it can take a longggg timeee...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
                apply and forget about it no sense in stressing the app...it can take a longggg timeee...
                I stressed about the application way too much. Of course living with my parents at the age of 29 and making $12 an hour as a security guard really sucked. Needless to say when I finally started on my first day I was so relieved that the application process was behind me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                  I stressed about the application way too much. Of course living with my parents at the age of 29 and making $12 an hour as a security guard really sucked. Needless to say when I finally started on my first day I was so relieved that the application process was behind me.

if you dont mind me asking are you prior LE or military?

reason i ask is cause i applied about 2 months ago and haven't received a single email.......and from your statement above i think i should also been qualified

Comment

• It's good to see this thread come back to life! If you put in your app just try your best to forget about it. There is absolutely no way to give a hard answer on how long it takes to hired. It just all depends so many differ moving parts.

Once you get hired...it's all good! Victimville is still hiring. There's been a few classes in the last few months. If you're not a vet you can still get on but most of the hires at Victorville are Vets. People come and go & use Victimville as a stepping stone. Its a beast there and there are so many moving parts. Good luck to everybody!

Comment

• How many times did I say moving parts?! LoL!

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                        2 weeks in NOTHING
                        Yeah I guess you're right. I check my email and USAJOBS account everyday.
                        Last edited by rob08; 03-20-2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rob08 View Post
                          Yeah I guess you're right. I check my email and USAJOBS account everyday.
                          I called my first choice facility today. They told me that they certified a list last week and made calls to people. I didn't make the cut bc I'm a non-vet. HR people are very helpful when you get a hold of them.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what medical benefits deductions typically are.......or where to find that info?

I realize that there are probably several choices on the matter, but if anyone can give me a ballpark I would appreciate it.

*Think I found what I was looking for.

http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insura...5.pdf#page=171
                            Last edited by Jerami; 03-20-2015, 05:27 PM. Reason: Found info

Comment

I called my first choice facility today. They told me that they certified a list last week and made calls to people. I didn't make the cut bc I'm a non-vet. HR people are very helpful when you get a hold of them.
                              Don't lose hope! I know plenty of people that work at the BOP that are non-vets.

Comment

• Also remember, everyone that gets an interview won't necessarily get the job. A lot of people don't pass the background investigation. In some cases people don't get pass the interview process. This will leave the position yet unfilled, so they will be hiring again at some point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10015 users online. 216 members and 9799 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X