Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They will generally "purge" the job announcement when it is time to close which is probably what the person you contacted was doing (I believe the open announcement closes and reopens in March). My suggestion is reapply to the new announcement. Just because you got "referred" does not guarantee you will be one that gets an interview. They usually interview 3 folks for every position so if there are 20 people on the "referred" list and they only have 3 spots only 9 people get interviewed, that leaves 11 that don't get called. Only God knows how they pick them, sometimes someone there might know you and that is your in, other times a curious phone call to HR might put a bug in their ear, the other way is pure luck if you don't know anyone and no one there know who you are or your applying.

Also if you are flexible and can move temporarily you might have an easier time getting on an FCC. Do your year then lateral transfer back home. Several staff do that just to get their foot in the door. If you are trying to get into a stand alone FCI you might be waiting a while since they don't hire the amount if new staff that a FCC or USP does.

Good luck

Thank you so much for your response. I've been waiting for this so long and now I'm back to square one. It's okay though, like you said only God knows. The new announcement opened yesterday so I'm going to reapply and pray for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
      Unfortunately NO. Somewhere there was the same scenario with two different answers/ending. The FED's are sort of vague on a lot of things. However from what you have said I wouldn't worry that much about i.
      Thank you. I talked to 3 other guys on another forum with the BOP, they have also been terminated from previous employers and were hired with no problem. One guy was fired a month before his BOP interview. With that being said, as long as you weren't terminated for stealing, harassment, etc and you're honest - it shouldn't be a problem. I also think each facility has flexibility with this this subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
        Thank you. I talked to 3 other guys on another forum with the BOP, they have also been terminated from previous employers and were hired with no problem. One guy was fired a month before his BOP interview. With that being said, as long as you weren't terminated for stealing, harassment, etc and you're honest - it shouldn't be a problem. I also think each facility has flexibility with this this subject.
        The main thing is be up front, if it looks like you are being deceptive or outright lying then that becomes an integrity issue. There were several folks in my tenure that got walked out for not disclosing MJ usage, a DUI and even a couple for not disclosing an article 15. All of which were not show stoppers but when the BI got blind sided with it they were hit. If they would lie about that what else will they lie about.

Comment

• Originally posted by rob08 View Post
          They will generally "purge" the job announcement when it is time to close which is probably what the person you contacted was doing (I believe the open announcement closes and reopens in March). My suggestion is reapply to the new announcement. Just because you got "referred" does not guarantee you will be one that gets an interview. They usually interview 3 folks for every position so if there are 20 people on the "referred" list and they only have 3 spots only 9 people get interviewed, that leaves 11 that don't get called. Only God knows how they pick them, sometimes someone there might know you and that is your in, other times a curious phone call to HR might put a bug in their ear, the other way is pure luck if you don't know anyone and no one there know who you are or your applying.

Also if you are flexible and can move temporarily you might have an easier time getting on an FCC. Do your year then lateral transfer back home. Several staff do that just to get their foot in the door. If you are trying to get into a stand alone FCI you might be waiting a while since they don't hire the amount if new staff that a FCC or USP does.

Good luck

Thank you so much for your response. I've been waiting for this so long and now I'm back to square one. It's okay though, like you said only God knows. The new announcement opened yesterday so I'm going to reapply and pray for the best.
          You sure the new announcement is open? I can't find it.

Comment

I guess they haven't posted it yet. I can't find it either.

Comment

• I bet it is a weekend issue. If You are all set with a saved application on USA JOBS, just keep a eye on it and apply as soon as it comes up. Good luck!

Comment

• If I'm looking to get Hired ASAP- does FCI Dublin seem like a safe choice? It seems like they have had several openings in the past. Also, is Dublin under the San Francisco/San Jose pay scale? Lastly, could someone explain how the 17% incentive works? Do you get that in one lump sum as soon as you move or is there a waiting period?
                Last edited by JohnnyUtah1989; 03-15-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know how long it takes to get uniforms from meyers after ordering?

Comment

• I have found AB Meyers to give great service. In Colorado an order is often received in 4 to 5 days. If you have trouble with the online order, the phone order is fast and efficient too.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to start a career with the BOP. Like you said, it's a waiting game. I've been referred and now waiting to hear back for an interview. My resume is pretty outstanding and I have years of experience in corrections. I've heard the first year is rough, but worth it in the long run. How long was your total wait from applying to hire date?
                      Sorry for the late reply....my total wait was 4 months.

Comment

• Hiring is open again as of this morning.

Comment

It opened again today. I'm still showing referred in my current status; however, it has been over two weeks and I haven't heard anything. I'm going to go ahead and reapply in the new announcement.

Comment

It opened again today. I'm still showing referred in my current status; however, it has been over two weeks and I haven't heard anything. I'm going to go ahead and reapply in the new announcement.

I just did the same. Good luck.

Comment

I just did the same. Good luck.
                              Thanks and same to you! Keep me posted on any changes.

Comment

• I applied for fci Mendota. Got best qualified. Good luck to everyone else applying.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12956 users online. 394 members and 12562 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X