Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • so it better not to have that gangster look or the look that you are hard(tough, badass)?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
      so it better not to have that gangster look or the look that you are hard(tough, badass)?
      Looks don't matter, they can see or smell right through staff that just don't have it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
        Looks don't matter, they can see or smell right through staff that just don't have it.
        Especially USP inmates...and they will try you over and over..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
          A few weeks ago- I saw an ad on Craigslist for Philly FDC specifically. I would think it's safe to say that they're hiring soon or do they all utilize Craigslist?
          I believe they only post on USAJOBS. I know that is the only place where you can apply.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rob08 View Post
            I believe they only post on USAJOBS. I know that is the only place where you can apply.
            They do have a couple contract jobs (medical, pharmacy techs etc) that they sometimes advertise through local channels like the paper, Craigslist and employment sites etc. Contractors work at a BOP site but through various other private companies. We have about 25 total throughout our complex in the medical and religious services areas.

            Comment


            • A 17% recruitment incentive will be paid to selectee(s) at USP Atwater, FCI Herlong and FCI Mendota who meet the criteria for recruitment bonuses.

              Could someone explain how that works? You get a 17% bonus on top of your first years pay? Is this every year or just one lump sum in the beginning? Thanks.

              Also- what pay scale is Victorville under? Would it be covered under Los Angeles locality pay?
              Last edited by JohnnyUtah1989; 03-11-2015, 01:06 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
                so it better not to have that gangster look or the look that you are hard(tough, badass)?
                make sure you keep your uniform pressed in your pants and shine your boots....inmates take a sloppy appearance as a hook they can use to compromise you..since a sloppy appearance gives off the aura you do not really care about yourself so what else do you not care for?rules?... bringing hard contraband in? ...etc...act like yourself...do yourself a favor grab the book Games Criminals Play by bud allen...great book ...great beginners insight into the cons that criminals can use to compromise you...thank me later...lol
                Last edited by Evolution81; 03-11-2015, 07:14 PM.

                Comment


                • Can anyone give me a definite answer on BOPs policy regarding being terminated from a past employer. I read that they will DQ no matter what the circumstances are if it was less than 3 years ago. I've been terminated by one employer for something that is very explainable. In fact, unenloyment did a full investigation and sided with me and agreed that my termination was the wrong decision. It didn't involve stealing, dishonesty, etc. This incident took place 2.5 years ago. Do you think BOP will DQ me or do I have a legit shot? I have no criminal record and perfect credit history. This incident is the only "red flag" in my background. Thanks in advance.
                  Last edited by JohnnyUtah1989; 03-12-2015, 07:19 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                    In fact, unenloyment did a full investigation and sided with me and agreed that my termination was the wrong decision. It didn't involve stealing, dishonesty, etc. T

                    I can't answer your BOP question but be very careful not to misinterpretation the way an Unemployment agency makes their determination. It often has nothing to do with the fact that termination was the correct decision by the agency.

                    A few years ago an officer from my STATE DOC was terminated after he flatly refused to fire on an escaping prisoner. After being ordered multiple times to do so by the shift supervisor-------------and by escaping I mean the officer was in a guard tower, watching the prisoner climb the TWO fences topped with razor ribbon AND he related all of this to the supervisors via radio

                    He refused at least 3 orders to fire and the prisoner escaped.

                    State Unemployment stated this was not a valid reason to fire the officer. He was given unemployment compensation, but REMAINED fired for cause.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
                      make sure you keep your uniform pressed in your pants and shine your boots....inmates take a sloppy appearance as a hook they can use to compromise you..since a sloppy appearance gives off the aura you do not really care about yourself so what else do you not care for?rules?... bringing hard contraband in? ...etc...act like yourself...do yourself a favor grab the book Games Criminals Play by bud allen...great book ...great beginners insight into the cons that criminals can use to compromise you...thank me later...lol
                      http://forums.officer.com/t94304/
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                        Can anyone give me a definite answer on BOPs policy regarding being terminated from a past employer. I read that they will DQ no matter what the circumstances are if it was less than 3 years ago. I've been terminated by one employer for something that is very explainable. In fact, unenloyment did a full investigation and sided with me and agreed that my termination was the wrong decision. It didn't involve stealing, dishonesty, etc. This incident took place 2.5 years ago. Do you think BOP will DQ me or do I have a legit shot? I have no criminal record and perfect credit history. This incident is the only "red flag" in my background. Thanks in advance.
                        Unfortunately NO. Somewhere there was the same scenario with two different answers/ending. The FED's are sort of vague on a lot of things. However from what you have said I wouldn't worry that much about i.

                        Comment


                        • Thank you for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

                          Comment


                          • I kept trying to get in with BOP with no callback, so I used the DoD Security Guard (0085) position to get my foot in the door
                            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

                            Comment


                            • I received an email about two weeks ago saying I was "referred". I called the HR at my request facility yesterday and she informed me that she sending out emails for interviews on yesterday. I didn't receive an email so I'm feeling somewhat disappointed. Is there a timeframe for USAJOBS to post any changes or should I just reapply in the new announcement and wait another six months?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rob08 View Post
                                I received an email about two weeks ago saying I was "referred". I called the HR at my request facility yesterday and she informed me that she sending out emails for interviews on yesterday. I didn't receive an email so I'm feeling somewhat disappointed. Is there a timeframe for USAJOBS to post any changes or should I just reapply in the new announcement and wait another six months?
                                They will generally "purge" the job announcement when it is time to close which is probably what the person you contacted was doing (I believe the open announcement closes and reopens in March). My suggestion is reapply to the new announcement. Just because you got "referred" does not guarantee you will be one that gets an interview. They usually interview 3 folks for every position so if there are 20 people on the "referred" list and they only have 3 spots only 9 people get interviewed, that leaves 11 that don't get called. Only God knows how they pick them, sometimes someone there might know you and that is your in, other times a curious phone call to HR might put a bug in their ear, the other way is pure luck if you don't know anyone and no one there know who you are or your applying.

                                Also if you are flexible and can move temporarily you might have an easier time getting on an FCC. Do your year then lateral transfer back home. Several staff do that just to get their foot in the door. If you are trying to get into a stand alone FCI you might be waiting a while since they don't hire the amount if new staff that a FCC or USP does.

                                Good luck

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 13912 users online. 489 members and 13423 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X