• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received my conditional offer...med eval is scheduled for this Wednesday

Comment

• Aweosme Evo! That's great news congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• thanks bolt!....your time will soon come...3 months ago i was in your position...then this came outta no where...then the process switched to hi speed

Comment

• Did you have the same top location always or did you change it if/when you got an email that they were pulling a list?

Also are you a veteran?

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
            FWIW and am in no way trying to discourage you or anyone but if you want a progressive LE Agency I can save you some trouble. AVOID anything Federal. With the exception of the FBI and DEA (and that is a small percentage of Agents specialty) The FFD's are more often than not a reactionary agency. The money is great and you can have some fun and there are specialties you can get into at every agency but many have an illusion of grandor and that they are the tip of the spear and that simply is not true. BOP as example while pays about double compared to most state agencies corrections is a different LE type mission.

Every agency within the FED's also will dumb everything down so you will be in the mundane mode until you have a few years in, that whole crawl, walk run thing and even their run is more of a fast walk.

I have worked for the US Marshals Service as well and work with several other Agencies within my duties and they will all have close to the same story.

The good thing about BOP at Springfield and where I am at (but not everywhere) is O/T is off the hook so a GL 8 Officer makes more than most GS 13 Captains often exceeding $100,000, with minimal O/T. You are not having to pick up and move every 2-3 years and you can get on a set schedule. Some agencies primarily work Mon-Fri (US Marshals) unless they are in court and transporting after 6 pm etc which as a rookie Marshal hope you like sitting in court.
            And as a bargaining unit staff administrations come and go and while sometimes they have visions of Grandor they can't really screw with you much as long as you do your job.

We also have a ton of folks that want to use BOP to get somewhere else, Customs, BP, Air Marshals when 9/11 happened we lost about 20 staff to the Air Marshal program all but 2 came back after a year because they were consistently screwed with. We even had a GS 14 left BOP for a high admin spot with the Air Marshals because of a SORT tactical background and he came back at his 2 year mark. Other agencies that lost staff to the FAMs program also had a large number of those staff return as well.

I tried working for DOD as a Firearms Instructor and I lasted 3 months before I came back, DOD was a train wreck for civilian employees and how they tried to treat them..\ BOP while not perfect isn't half bad either.

Good luck
            Ditto - I've officially been in the bureau for four months now, I'm seeing as well once you get B PT certified, your earning potential goes way up with med trips, bus ops etc..I'm avg about 16 hrs a PP which isn't bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
              Did you have the same top location always or did you change it if/when you got an email that they were pulling a list?

Also are you a veteran?
              i switched between Beaumont and Coleman...then switched it back and kept it that way....they pulled several lists before i received an OF5...im not a veteran but ive been in the feds going on 9 years now

Comment

• Sorry what is OF5

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                  Sorry what is OF5
                  It's a form that an institution will place on your BOP Application portal.

It asks you to confirm your availability to show up for duty and asks you to state how soon (in terms of days) you'll be able to show up if offered the job.

It's an internal form for the HR office at each individual facility. If you receive an email asking you to fill that out, you're being considered for an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                    Ditto - I've officially been in the bureau for four months now, I'm seeing as well once you get B PT certified, your earning potential goes way up with med trips, bus ops etc..I'm avg about 16 hrs a PP which isn't bad.
                    As far as Bus you actually have to go through the Bus Operations Training BOT at Glynco for 2 weeks to be any part of the bus crew. Additional staff on an airlift sure but nit Bus/ 16 hours a pay period thats nothing, try filling between 30 to 80 O/T shifts a day, (yes a DAY aka in a 24 hour period)

Also if they are limiting allowing folks from working O/T just because they are not BPT they are setting themselves up for failure. They can move BPT staff to the hospital/airlift/medtrip whatever and put the non BPT staff in that persons job. If the non BPT person is up for O/T per your agreement and the LT's are not doing that poor management on their part.

Comment

• Originally posted by bolthouse View Post
                      Good luck on Tuesday P!ck

Thanks!

Took care of the core values assessment and the panel interview today, I think everything went really good. Now it back to waiting, she said she was hoping to let everyone know before Christmas how we did, there were 10 other guys there plus a couple or three no-shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by P!ck View Post
                        Thanks!

Took care of the core values assessment and the panel interview today, I think everything went really good. Now it back to waiting, she said she was hoping to let everyone know before Christmas how we did, there were 10 other guys there plus a couple or three no-shows.
                        What is the core values assessment?

Comment

• A buddy of mine was just sent his OF-5 for FCC Petersburg. Does anyone know how it is there? Or what he could expect for the Core Values Assessment and Interview?

Appreciate any help/information anyone can offer.

TDF

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                            What is the core values assessment?
                            Hey, sorry about the late reply. The core values assessment (CVA)was a written scenario based test. Basically checks your integrity and morality etc. I read previously in the thread that it replaced a psychologist/psychiatrist that used to sit on the interview panel...my experience holds true to that as only an HR person and a lieutenant were conducting my interview.

Comment

• Took it today it was pretty easy so was the video portion. Did my fingerprints right after the interview.

Comment

• done with and passed med..... wating for firm offer and eod

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3724 users online. 249 members and 3475 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X