Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know a POC to call for the NYC area? It's been about 45 days since my application and no contact yet...

Comment

• I applied months ago, and no response as of yet. W/ no prior corrections experience and a non-veteran status, I'm not sure if I will ever be referred.

Do you get a NOR after application submission but before a referral?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronimus View Post
        Anyone know a POC to call for the NYC area? It's been about 45 days since my application and no contact yet...
        hi ronimus, by NYC do you mean MCC new york? thats a small facility compared to brooklyn and last time i spoke to an HR rep, the lady had certificates for like 3 CO's . i would suggest you try brooklyn. brooklyn is much bigger and you get tons of OT .
        BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
          I applied months ago, and no response as of yet. W/ no prior corrections experience and a non-veteran status, I'm not sure if I will ever be referred.

Do you get a NOR after application submission but before a referral?

hi Jonny,

When i applied i actually got nothing, i used to always check the job status and it would just say "GS-5 application submitted" , i remember speaking to others who used to get NOR's upon filing but i don't think they give those anymore. try contacting the HR reps at the respective facilities you want to work at, they might give you a number on how much or when they should be hiring
          BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
            No problem, good luck! Sure you don't want to come to Coleman? We hire more often and since you are in Tampa it's not that big of a move for ya'........
            Hey, just an update: I updated my application and am now applied to Brooklyn MDC (I hear they hire more often than Manhattan) and Coleman as my 2nd choice. It's still telling me I MUST submit an OF5 form, and not just the online resume I created.

Comment

• I applied for a BOP job at an MCC last month. I completed my interview and writing sample about two weeks ago. Today, I logged onto USAJOBS and it says "Multiple Grades/Status/Agencies – Selected" next to my BOP application. Thing is, I haven't heard anything back from the actual agency yet. When I completed the interview, the HR representative mentioned I should hear something in 2-3 weeks (which would be about next week.)

My question is, could the "Multiple Grades/Status/Agencies – Selected" be a fluke, or has the system jumped the gun before the HR rep could call me? your responses are appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by codered View Post
                I applied for a BOP job at an MCC last month. I completed my interview and writing sample about two weeks ago. Today, I logged onto USAJOBS and it says "Multiple Grades/Status/Agencies – Selected" next to my BOP application. Thing is, I haven't heard anything back from the actual agency yet. When I completed the interview, the HR representative mentioned I should hear something in 2-3 weeks (which would be about next week.)

My question is, could the "Multiple Grades/Status/Agencies – Selected" be a fluke, or has the system jumped the gun before the HR rep could call me? your responses are appreciated.
                It is very likely that you will be hired, the BOP moves very quickly when they want to hire someone and just the fact that you have had an interview makes it extremely likely that you will be hired, they don't interview people they don't intend on hiring. I was hired very quickly, it took about a month after my interview before they called back and offered me a job.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Does anyone have updated information as to the current state of hiring at MDC Brooklyn and MCC Manhattan locations?

Also, if you apply for two locations with your original application and find out they are not hiring, and decide to re-apply to other locations actively hiring does your original application get replaced or does it still remain active?

Comment

• I don't know if it's something new but this is the first time my application finally went all the way through and gave me a confirmation. I initially applied months ago and it would appear as a dead end on "application submitted" as johnnylaw claimed. Seems to be legit now. I'll probably be contacting the Brooklyn facility this week regardless. Thanks for the info gentlemen. I like that this agency, according to some posts, moves quick. I desperately want to get my foot in the door as a CO.

Comment

• I applied on 1/6 and I just got an email stating reviewing applications. Not sure if this is standard or not. Anyone know about re-applying if it knocks out your original application to your two destinations?

Comment

• I received a conditional offer of employment this past week from BOP, and am scheduled to go to the facility for my UA and physical this week. Can anyone estimate (assuming everything is fine, which it should be) how soon after the UA/Physical is done that I might receive a start date?

Comment

• I applied 12/6 to fci ray brook in ny. I just got am email that said-eligible application referred to selecting official. I'm hopping that some one else from raybrook is on this forum and can give me some advice. Should I call up HR and make sure they received my application and do they even hire? I have searched the Internet for information and I seem they are understaffed by alot but so is everyone.

Comment

• Anyone have the number to HR for MDC Brooklyn or MCC Manhattan? I applied sometime in December and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else?

Comment

• Still have heard nothing since applying in october. Looks like I will have to reapply with the new annoucement.

Comment

• I got a call last week from Victorville and was told a facility about an hour away is going to be calling me for an interview so I won't have to fly to California. Anybody able to provide info about the interview?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4626 users online. 319 members and 4307 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X