300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW and open carry NYS CO question...

A few months ago i purchased a handgun and registered it on my badge instead of obtaining a pistol permit(will pursue permit in future). I carry most of the time when I go out of my home, always concealed. But my question is are NYS CO's allowed to open carry outside of the home? I've heard yes and I've heard hell no. Can someone clear this up for me.

keep it covered up...it'll save you the hassle of being hassled..and carry your credentials as well..I know it's kind of lame...but i purchased a dupe shield and when i carry concealed and..I always keep it with my firearm so that i can be recognized.
    If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by SBlockJunkie View Post
      A few months ago i purchased a handgun and registered it on my badge instead of obtaining a pistol permit(will pursue permit in future). I carry most of the time when I go out of my home, always concealed. But my question is are NYS CO's allowed to open carry outside of the home? I've heard yes and I've heard hell no. Can someone clear this up for me.
      Read your directives. Its tells you off-duty firearms are to carried in concealed manner. there is no open carry in NYS for ANY off-duty law enforcement officers. Only On-duty police and peace officers can open carry.
      CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
      FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by SBlockJunkie View Post

Dude...what do u have in mind? Going down to some town hall meeting of tea baggers with a S&W strapped to your hip to flaunt your 2nd amendment right?

Do yourself a favor and keep it concealed.
        REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

Comment

KING....he is confused do to all the rumors floatin around. Believe me, I was confused as well. There are so many that I am not surprised he asks this question.

I doubt he wants to carry open...
          Last edited by Hack4NYS; 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM. Reason: ...
          Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Hey Gunk --Just wondering, why did you buy a dupe? You guys don't wear your shield on your uniform.

Comment

Don't admit to buying a dupe and don't carry the damn thing! You'll get in way more trouble than it's worth!
              New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989 View Post
                Don't admit to buying a dupe and don't carry the damn thing! You'll get in way more trouble than it's worth!

I have no grand dreams of law enforcement glory..I don't run around playing robocop attempting to nab the bad guy..But there is one thing I am...NOT STUPID. There is no way i'm gonna carry a firearm (concealed of course) and god forbid I ever have to use it not have some kind of credential. Once you use your firearm It's no longer concealed...I'm going to have some kind of identifying mark or credential proving who I am. I don't wanna wait until after i caught a round from some cop just because he didn't know who i am..Yelling "It's okay, I'm a CO!" is bulls*** having some kind of visible proof where your not reaching into your pocket to pull out a wallet could save your life. You guys do what you want. But in this day and age..I'll probably get into more trouble from DOCS using that firearm.
                If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

I meant don't carry the dupe badge! By all means carry the firearm and protect yourself and your family!
                  New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by eggman1317 View Post
                    Hey Gunk --Just wondering, why did you buy a dupe? You guys don't wear your shield on your uniform.
                    No, NYS CO's don't wear their badge on the uniform.

And for the original question, You cannot carry your personal firearm openly. It must be concealed. Even if you are wearing your uniform and you are off duty on your way to or from work, it STILL MUST BE CONCEALED!

Comment

I don't know a law enforcement agency anywhere in the country that allows you to carry open without an exposed shield...unless, of course, you live in a state that allows ALL citizens to carry open with a permit.
                      If you are my supervisor and reading this...I'm calling off sick tomorrow.

All posts made under this username are solely the opinion of the author (ME) and do not represent the opinion of my employer or any Federal, State, or local government agency and/or municipality. So get a grip and put on your big girl panties...'cuz if you suck at your job, I will probably tell you so.

Comment

Police say prison guard assaulted, pointed gun at victim

Staff reports
                        Last updated: 12:26 p.m., Monday, April 12, 2010
                        A prison guard is facing charges in North Greenbush for pointing a handgun at a woman inside his Valley View Drive home, police said.

Anthony G. Holston, 53, was arrested Sunday after he assaulted someone inside his home and then pointed a handgun at the person, according to town police.

Holston, a state corrections officer, was charged with misdemeanor counts of assault and menacing.

He was arraigned by Town Justice Josh Sabo and released. He is due back in court April 27.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...#ixzz0kuZNeAXZ
                        Another fine example why the state doesn't want us to carry guns. I'm surprised my fellow officers haven't ruined this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeForAll View Post
                          Police say prison guard assaulted, pointed gun at victim

Staff reports
                          Last updated: 12:26 p.m., Monday, April 12, 2010
                          A prison guard is facing charges in North Greenbush for pointing a handgun at a woman inside his Valley View Drive home, police said.

Anthony G. Holston, 53, was arrested Sunday after he assaulted someone inside his home and then pointed a handgun at the person, according to town police.

Holston, a state corrections officer, was charged with misdemeanor counts of assault and menacing.

He was arraigned by Town Justice Josh Sabo and released. He is due back in court April 27.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...#ixzz0kuZNeAXZ
                          Another fine example why the state doesn't want us to carry guns. I'm surprised my fellow officers haven't ruined this yet.
                          We are and always have been our own worst enemies............

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4914 users online. 275 members and 4639 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X