Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guy From Sacramento CA. Area (CDCR CO Hopful)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy From Sacramento CA. Area (CDCR CO Hopful)

Hello all. I have been lerking around here for a while now and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Mike and I going through the long process of hopfully becoming a correctional officer here in California. I was just cleared by background and will be scheduling my department physical in the next week or so. What can I expect for this physical? They said something about how I needed to be clean shaven, as I will be putting on a gas mask...what is the purpose of this? Any advice or info on this entire process and what I have ahead of me would be great. I know it is a tough time to be going for this but they keep moving me along and I did notice that the November academy is a go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Thank you all.
    Mike

No one wants to help out a new guy? I have my pre-employment medical exam this Friday. Can anyone give me an idea as to what I may be in for.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Comment

The gas mask is not what you think. There is no canisters or any gas deployed. They just need to make sure you get a good seal. Then they will test if you will be able to function while wearing a gas mask.

Remain hopeful but prepare for the worst. What we are hearing right now is there will be a freeze. Pink slips have went out to some officers so if they lay off officers more likely than not there will be a freeze on any new hires. They can't hire new officers when some are being laid off. Just be hopeful, expect the best but be prepared for the worst. Also dont put all your eggs in one basket if law enforcement is what you want to do then apply at different agencies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6795 users online. 353 members and 6442 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X