X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Corrections hit HARD

For those of you that might not read the General LE threads

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132335
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Sounds like your Governor has been talking to the Governator out in California and our world famous Paterson here in N.Y............

Comment

sheesh, when you actually need twice as many in real terms,,,,
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Here in New York almost half of the DOCS seniority list will be eligible for retirement within 5 years. The people in power in Albany have got to know this and yet they continue to try and cut job positions statewide. Not a very good way to encourage people to take the job and I will just say this....if every officer with a seniority date of 1987, 1988, 1989 and 1990 were to ALL stay until they reach 25 years of service then retire in one HUGE group the NYSDOCS would be paralyzed because there is no way they could replace almost half of the workforce even if they ran 6 academies at once.

My question to everyone is this.......what does the seniority break-down look like in other states? Are your deparments loaded down with high seniority officers, an equal mix of seniority and new boots or are the majority newer officers? The days of cutting Corrections budgets are gonna come back to bite state governments sooner or later when they get to the point that they can't cut any more positions and still maintain the staffing levels needed to safely operate the prisons.

Comment

Michigan is the same way, our seniority list is top heavy also. And they are doing the same thing, trying to lay C/O's off.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6781 users online. 350 members and 6431 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X