300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice to new Officers

The best thing I can tell you is to listen and learn from the Officers that have been around for awhile. The worse thing you can do is come off like a now it all when your new to a facility, that will follow you the rest of your career! the reason I am posting this is because im sick of reading the post from guys with 2 years on the job that know everything about Corrections and all the laws and regulations with the dept, these are the people messing this dept up because they dont listen!!!!! go ahead and look around this forum for these two year wonders, I bet if you run into them in a facility there the ones nobody talkes to because there s***heads!

2 Year Wonders

Not A Co (yet Anyways), But Does That Rule Of Thumb Include Following Anothers Direction Even When It's Against The Policies (right Way Of Doing Things)?

I'm Sure That Happens Too? You Know Those That Bend The Rules Here And There...

Comment

Originally posted by dennisvrg View Post
      Not A Co (yet Anyways), But Does That Rule Of Thumb Include Following Anothers Direction Even When It's Against The Policies (right Way Of Doing Things)?

DO NOT break policy, especially while on probation. I have seen people fired for less. Policy is the bible in Corrections and Law Enorcement. Follow it, you are safe. Break it and get caught, you can easily be fired and even sued. And if and when you do indeed decide to break policy you better be very careful and aware of what other Officers and Inmates are watching. They will roll on you in Internal Affairs in a second. One last thing, never lie about anything to I.A., lying in most agencies is immediate cause for dismissal. You can tell the truth and be reprimanded or lie and be fired. 90% of the time, I.A. already knows the truth anyhow.
      The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

Originally posted by dennisvrg View Post

If your not smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong you might want rethink your decision to be a C.O.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2974 users online. 166 members and 2808 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X