300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio DYS Juv position

I have just applied to me a JCO for DYS and I wanted to know if anyone here has worked at any of these locations and could give me some advice. The Circleville institute is the one I applied at. Thanks

Ohio Forum

Originally posted by Shrekster View Post
    I have just applied to me a JCO for DYS and I wanted to know if anyone here has worked at any of these locations and could give me some advice. The Circleville institute is the one I applied at. Thanks
    Shrekster

Post this in the Ohio Specific forum you may get a better response.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I used to work at the franklin county juvenile detention center and I used to transport kids there and to the other facilities. The circleville facility housed mainly juvenile sex offenders but supposedly there changing to house other violent offenders as well. Morale from some of the JCO's was low but from others it was decent I still have a buddy that works there if you have specific questions.
      Call Me HR Cuff and Stuff

Comment

I guess I want to know what to expect in a day to day basis. Does the new guys normally get the sh*t jobs so to speak and how often fights happen stuff like that...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Shrekster View Post
          Does the new guys normally get the sh*t jobs so to speak
          I don't know of any job anywhere in public service/Law Enforcement/Corrections where that does not happen.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6167 users online. 350 members and 5817 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X