300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handcuff maintenance

recently my handcuffs started sticking across the top hinge, can this be fixed with wd-40 or is there something better that works?
    Thanks

I personally would use a synthetic weapons lubricant since its formulated to function as a "dry lubricant" thereby minimizing the collection of dirt or dust.
    Last edited by Re-Birth; 10-02-2009, 04:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

Our Armorer/Locksmith has vowed to shoot anyone that gets near any of his equipment with WD-40.

I believe he would do it.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I found that Break Free CLP work and a Q-tip to absorb the freed rust work pretty well for this type of thing.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by smrtblue View Post
          recently my handcuffs started sticking across the top hinge, can this be fixed with wd-40 or is there something better that works?
          Thanks
          I sprayed down 2 pair of cuffs last weekend with wd-40 because they were sticking.
          REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingofqueens718 View Post
            I sprayed down 2 pair of cuffs last weekend with wd-40 because they were sticking.
            How about making some more collars so they wont stick together... LOL
            Really "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts In New York City"!
            sigpic

Comment

gun oil works great

Comment

Gun oils are good but check and see if the cuffs aren’t bent.
                sigpic

Comment

Smrtblue,
                  Clean them as best you can, and at every opportunity, keep working them...over...and over....and over!!!!Instead of WD-40, try a graphite like a locksmith uses...heck the locksmith at the joint might even have some! If that doesn't work, maybe it's time to get a new set of cuffs.
                  Codeman

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3069 users online. 135 members and 2934 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X