300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the switch (State to Federal)

I am making the switch from a state CO to a federal CO. I did it for the better pay and benefits the feds offer. I am relatively new to corrections in general having worked state corrections for only 4 months before the feds called me, so I am hoping the different policies and procedures won't be too big of a deal.

Any advice from anyone else who made the switch?
    Those who believe, ye shall receive.

I don't have any words of advice but I would like to wish you well and Congrats on obtaining your new position!
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

I'm with the BOP, never did the state thing...but I keep hearing over and over and over again......forget EVERYTHING you've learned with the state. The BOP is a different beast entirely (or so they say). Eyes/ears open, mouth shut.

So take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

You know you can't be a reserve officer (deputy) if you are BOP don't you.

Good Luck
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

You know you can't be a reserve officer (deputy) if you are BOP don't you.

Good Luck
          Yeah, I know. Sucks, but it's time I moved on. Only bad part is that I will have a ton of gear that I will no longer need as I had to buy my own equipment. Perhaps some of the other reserves will be interested in buying some of it.
          Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4032 users online. 228 members and 3804 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X