Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Update on non-compensatory articles in negotiations

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    he wants state employees to forego the 4% raise this year. how the heck does he expect them to pay the increased fees and taxes snd surcharges and whatever else without that 4 %?

    and us?..... we are going to wait for any negotiations to begin to decide if we even get 3% in 2 years..... well at least i have a job.....

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by redstoy View Post
      he wants state employees to forego the 4% raise this year. how the heck does he expect them to pay the increased fees and taxes snd surcharges and whatever else without that 4 %?

      and us?..... we are going to wait for any negotiations to begin to decide if we even get 3% in 2 years..... well at least i have a job.....
      Thats propaganda at it's best. The governor knows very well how state employees are viewed in the public eye....that we have great jobs with great benefits and are viewed as hogs bellying up to the trough when we ask for a raise and by tossing this kind of stuff out there during budget negotiations it puts the pressure on us to "do our part" to help "close the budget gap."

      You will never see anyone from the general public writing in to a newspaper or leaving a positive comment about state employees in an online forum. All you see is people complaining about how much we make and how good our benefits are...things like that and all of them written by people that wouldn't do our job if they were hired tomorrow, given a uniform and told they didn't even have to go to the academy or spend 3 to 6 years downstate and could work at the jail of their choice.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
        Thats propaganda at it's best. The governor knows very well how state employees are viewed in the public eye....that we have great jobs with great benefits and are viewed as hogs bellying up to the trough when we ask for a raise and by tossing this kind of stuff out there during budget negotiations it puts the pressure on us to "do our part" to help "close the budget gap."

        You will never see anyone from the general public writing in to a newspaper or leaving a positive comment about state employees in an online forum. All you see is people complaining about how much we make and how good our benefits are...things like that and all of them written by people that wouldn't do our job if they were hired tomorrow, given a uniform and told they didn't even have to go to the academy or spend 3 to 6 years downstate and could work at the jail of their choice.
        STATE WORKERS! Why doesn't the Gov leak the fact that most of the states problem is Albany itself.What about the friggin teachers in this state,always crying about little Timmy not getting his education,give me a break.Teachers overpaid and bloated budgets all past on to the taxpayer.Even in todays grim state the "educators" want their cake and eat it to.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
          STATE WORKERS! Why doesn't the Gov leak the fact that most of the states problem is Albany itself.What about the friggin teachers in this state,always crying about little Timmy not getting his education,give me a break.Teachers overpaid and bloated budgets all past on to the taxpayer.Even in todays grim state the "educators" want their cake and eat it to.
          When a Department Head in a High School makes over $100,000 for six months worth of work, there's something wrong with the system.
          Doing Life On The Installment Plan.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
            STATE WORKERS! Why doesn't the Gov leak the fact that most of the states problem is Albany itself.What about the friggin teachers in this state,always crying about little Timmy not getting his education,give me a break.Teachers overpaid and bloated budgets all past on to the taxpayer.Even in todays grim state the "educators" want their cake and eat it to.
            It's simple.....the reason legislators don't mess with the teachers is because they are part of the largest union in the state and they have a ton of political clout. Legislators could care less about tax increases or jails being closed as long as it doesn't interfere with their pet pork projects that I bet this budget will be loaded with when they get done making their changes to it.

            Here is an idea Albany.......how about NO pork barrel spending...NONE. Imagine how much money that would save the state right there.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
              It's simple.....the reason legislators don't mess with the teachers is because they are part of the largest union in the state and they have a ton of political clout.
              Plus they actually go out and vote. Unlike the majority of CO's who can't even be bothered to mail back their votes for Union issues.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by redstoy View Post
                he wants state employees to forego the 4% raise this year. how the heck does he expect them to pay the increased fees and taxes snd surcharges and whatever else without that 4 %?

                and us?..... we are going to wait for any negotiations to begin to decide if we even get 3% in 2 years..... well at least i have a job.....
                He's gone back on his word w/ CSEA & the $20,000. buyouts. He said he'd leave them alone if they agreed not to fight the Tier V. Surprised?

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by JusticeForAll View Post
                  Plus they actually go out and vote. Unlike the majority of CO's who can't even be bothered to mail back their votes for Union issues.
                  It's not even an issue of getting out to vote. They will cram some bulls*it budget down our throats no matter who votes. Voting is an exercise in futility, in my book. (And yes, I send back my ballots on union issues.)(And yes, I vote at the local polling places.)(And yes, I feel like it's all a waste of my time.) Plus, whomever we vote into Albany come this election year will be just as corrupt, and just as spend-happy as those that are in now.

                  If this sounds just a bit negative, and cynical...then you get a gold star for comprehension.
                  Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    im sorry to say but this states biggest problem is not state employees or teachers but welfare.....unfortunately it is to touchy for politicians to talk about.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by resq4u View Post
                      im sorry to say but this states biggest problem is not state employees or teachers but welfare.....unfortunately it is to touchy for politicians to talk about.
                      Welfare has become a lifestyle instead of being used as it was intended but we all know that somewhere down the line SOMEONE is getting rich off of it and I don't mean the ones collecting it either...........

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
                        It's simple.....the reason legislators don't mess with the teachers is because they are part of the largest union in the state and they have a ton of political clout. Legislators could care less about tax increases or jails being closed as long as it doesn't interfere with their pet pork projects that I bet this budget will be loaded with when they get done making their changes to it.

                        Here is an idea Albany.......how about NO pork barrel spending...NONE. Imagine how much money that would save the state right there.
                        Your right on the money! Until the Porky's in Albany start standing up to the teachers union like they do with us,its all BS.They always give us a hard time.Why because we can't pass it onto the taxpayer like the schools do.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Still no survey and time is running out ......

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by NYSCOsoon View Post
                            Still no survey and time is running out ......
                            I just got mine yesterday.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by NYSCOsoon View Post
                              Still no survey and time is running out ......
                              Sent mine out yesterday.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                i had lasik done friday and i have to say it is all that and then some. the only difficulty ive had is the halo effect around lights at night but i'm happy to help the state spend some money and see 20/15 after doing it.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2792 users online. 121 members and 2671 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X