300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MSICF View Post
    Lasik is a joke? You're the 1st I've heard say that. How is dental a joke? I've put braces on 3 kids. How much do you think that would have cost? Pre-shift is still being negotiated. Compare our health w/ other unions. You'll be surprised. CSEA & PEF try for our benefits when they negotiate. It's a better package. Where did you get the idea the union stated the next contract will be full of non-comp. goodies? There hasn't even been a negotiating session yet. You can be sure the state will lowball us but to claim no raises is a stretch. After all they lowballed last time & you got a good contract.
    Yeah,Lasik is a joke because the state knows percentage wise that it benefits them more.Inmates pay nothing for it.GHI is a joke in fact try finding a dentist that will take it other than the Albany area!Yeah and I know about braces got two going through now.To be perfectly honest,I don't give a GD what PEF & CSEA are doing OK.If you are a union guy,because you sure sound like one they already put it out there.Getting tired of the nonsense,lets worry about us.

Comment

Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
      Yeah,Lasik is a joke because the state knows percentage wise that it benefits them more.Inmates pay nothing for it.GHI is a joke in fact try finding a dentist that will take it other than the Albany area!Yeah and I know about braces got two going through now.To be perfectly honest,I don't give a GD what PEF & CSEA are doing OK.If you are a union guy,because you sure sound like one they already put it out there.Getting tired of the nonsense,lets worry about us.
      Lasik does not benefit the state otherwise they wouldn't have fought so hard to have it excluded.
      I'm on the negotiating team so I know it's not out there.
      Throw stones all you want.

Comment

Lasik does not benefit the state otherwise they wouldn't have fought so hard to have it excluded.
        I'm on the negotiating team so I know it's not out there.
        Throw stones all you want.
        Well I don't think of them as stones.It does benefit the state.First has the state found a supplier for this service?Second how many people will actually utilize it,and last look at the deductible.I do not mean any disrespect to the fact that you are on the negotiating team,but I think most people on team don't think things through enough.Everything the state does has motive.they aren't leaving their duffs in the wind.

Comment

Well I don't think of them as stones.It does benefit the state.First has the state found a supplier for this service?Second how many people will actually utilize it,and last look at the deductible.I do not mean any disrespect to the fact that you are on the negotiating team,but I think most people on team don't think things through enough.Everything the state does has motive.they aren't leaving their duffs in the wind.
          The state fought Lasik. The cost was so high the arbitrator allowed the state to delay the start of Lasik benefits. You're entitled to your opinions. Ask around & you'll see quite a few will use it.

Comment

The state fought Lasik. The cost was so high the arbitrator allowed the state to delay the start of Lasik benefits. You're entitled to your opinions. Ask around & you'll see quite a few will use it.
            I am glad to be a part of NYSDOCS now. My old department had no LASIK coverage whatsoever. Most departments in this country don't. I think that alone is an amazing benefit. I don't need it at the moment but my eye doctor said I will in the next 5-10 years...
            The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

I voted Yes..Why? Because I think NYSCOPBA went into this with good faith intentions and did they best they could..Now that letter we got in the mail recently...I didnt like some of the wording..it sounded to me like NYSCOPBA is gonna get into bed with Patterson come re-election time...Rowe, don't make that mistake...
              If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by DOCSatTheGunk View Post
                Now that letter we got in the mail recently...I didnt like some of the wording..it sounded to me like NYSCOPBA is gonna get into bed with Patterson come re-election time...Rowe, don't make that mistake...
                The outcry against Stevie Wonder has subsided just a bit because at the moment everyone has zeroed in on the those inept buffoons in the House and Senate. When good old Stevie comes at us again with Round 2 of his "cost saving measures" trying to cut the department further and possibly close more jails to "help close" the billion dollar plus deficit he will wipe the rose colored tint off the glasses very quickly and go back to being hated by all..........

I do have to say one thing though.......just the thought of another Cuomo running this state makes my stomach turn so hopefully Lazio can at least mount a decent challenge come November.

Comment

Anybody listen to what the idiot in Albany had to say today?

Comment

Anybody listen to what the idiot in Albany had to say today?
                    When that fool talks it makes me feel like I am watching an old episode of Charlie Brown......blah blah blah blah blah............

Comment

the new lasik program is incredible. I just got back from lasik plus today. 3800 dollar bill was only 200 out of my pocket. And they actually have a huge list of doctors supporting this program

Comment

ive got my initial appointment on monday same place

Comment

Well I just recieved my survey envelope today,any suggestions.I thought that the dental could be improved.Also the amount of hours we acrue should be upped as well as the sicktime

Comment

didnt get a survey letter yet. went for my initial exam for lasik and am scheduled for the 5th of feb . i am so looking forward to ditching my glasses.

Comment

Well the gov plans on giving a speach on Tues.Rumor has it that a another round of cuts in DOCS.Butler,Georgetown rumored to be gone.But lets hire some more Deps.put them in Bldg.#2

Comment

Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
                                The outcry against Stevie Wonder has subsided just a bit because at the moment everyone has zeroed in on the those inept buffoons in the House and Senate. When good old Stevie comes at us again with Round 2 of his "cost saving measures" trying to cut the department further and possibly close more jails to "help close" the billion dollar plus deficit he will wipe the rose colored tint off the glasses very quickly and go back to being hated by all..........

I do have to say one thing though.......just the thought of another Cuomo running this state makes my stomach turn so hopefully Lazio can at least mount a decent challenge come November.
                                I'm not The Amazing Kreskin but this one was easy to predict. If any of these politicians that are up for re-election this fall stay in office then I only have one thing to say to all voters in this state........SHAME ON YOU for allowing it to happen. Having a Cuomo in office still scares the living bejesus out of me but Stevie Wonder needs to go along with ALL of his cronies in Albany..........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5419 users online. 296 members and 5123 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X