Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just recieved my ballot in the mail,but where is the info on non monetary items that I have to vote on? No information sent.Thats alittle shady to me.

Comment

Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
      I just recieved my ballot in the mail,but where is the info on non monetary items that I have to vote on? No information sent.Thats alittle shady to me.
      There were no changes. It's a formality. It's for the last 2 years.

Comment

nothing changed i voted yes and threw it back in the mail. next one will probably involve changes and will be tougher to figure out but no matter what i will not vote for any of the clowns in albany that run this state, anyone has to be better than these fools

Comment

Originally posted by redstoy View Post
          nothing changed i voted yes and threw it back in the mail. next one will probably involve changes and will be tougher to figure out but no matter what i will not vote for any of the clowns in albany that run this state, anyone has to be better than these fools
          Copy that red I'll send mine out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by redstoy View Post
            Since the state is crying fiscal woes it wouldn't be surprising that there will be changes. If we can't get $$ from them perhaps upgrading the non-compensatory Articles will be at the forefront. Either way make sure you fill out the survey card & return it. That's how we know what the membership wants.

Comment

Yeah I hate to say it but you can't vote party anymore.You really need to send a message with the vote.That includes the federal level as well,Health care need I say more.Schumer is an *******

Comment

Gotta vote No.

The state didn't even try to negotiate the NON-Compensatory articles. I for one would like to see us have more PL time. Earn more sick time per pay day. Pay less for Insurance co-pays. Maybe increase recall pay to 8 hours instead of 4 hours. Have more say in the contract of what post can be closed down daily or what post must remain open daily. Start with a full Chart, not go in with post cl;osed already. Increase the number of people off per day.

There are many things we could have tried for. Way back when I voted for NYSCOPBA we were going to take it to the State. When are we going to start.

So once again in my short career, I must Vote NO. Why break tradition now.

Comment

Originally posted by Redsox Sgt View Post
                  Gotta vote No.

The state didn't even try to negotiate the NON-Compensatory articles. I for one would like to see us have more PL time. Earn more sick time per pay day. Pay less for Insurance co-pays. Maybe increase recall pay to 8 hours instead of 4 hours. Have more say in the contract of what post can be closed down daily or what post must remain open daily. Start with a full Chart, not go in with post cl;osed already. Increase the number of people off per day.

There are many things we could have tried for. Way back when I voted for NYSCOPBA we were going to take it to the State. When are we going to start.

So once again in my short career, I must Vote NO. Why break tradition now.

The state did try to negotiate them. They wanted give-backs. When NYSCOPBA refused to budge the state walked away. They only came back to the table when Paterson ordered them to.
                  It's your vote but once again it's a formality. It's for the last 2 years you already worked.

Comment

Originally posted by MSICF View Post
                    The state did try to negotiate them. They wanted give-backs. When NYSCOPBA refused to budge the state walked away. They only came back to the table when Paterson ordered them to.
                    It's your vote but once again it's a formality. It's for the last 2 years you already worked.
                    You know red has a point.I think once again Rowe and company need to play hardball with these guys whoever they are.Once the state gets their foot in the door there's no stopping them, ie, our health insurance.Every contract it increases,ok I get that.But the teachers union won't budge on that,I'm just saying.GOER needs to know we are not a bunch of fools period!How long are we going to continue to roll over for these guys?

Comment

happy new year all. for em, i am more concerned with the almighty dollar, when we negotiate for the contract that we should be in now we should get the same 3% that the other unions got 2 years ago for a 4 year contract. i am not concerned with more pl time or vacation that i get in 2 week increments so long as i am not getting less while the inmates get more.

but i want a fair deal, i dont want more than everyone else, i wont take less, i want that 3%.

Comment

You know red has a point.I think once again Rowe and company need to play hardball with these guys whoever they are.Once the state gets their foot in the door there's no stopping them, ie, our health insurance.Every contract it increases,ok I get that.But the teachers union won't budge on that,I'm just saying.GOER needs to know we are not a bunch of fools period!How long are we going to continue to roll over for these guys?
                        When have we rolled over?

Comment

Nassau County Corrections make more than us, and they pay ZERO for their health plan, but do have co-pays - their co-pays are less than hours.
                          New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by MSICF View Post
                            When have we rolled over?
                            Lets see the lasik program is a joke,Inmates have the same.The dental insurance is a joke,I don't think anything was even addressed on that issue.We still are waiting to hear on the pre-shift.We have to keep paying more and more of healthcare,RX's.And oh yeah are pay isn't what it should be.Now that the state is broke,I guess the next contract will be full of all kinds of non-comp goodies,so the union states.In other words don't expect any money for the next two

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989 View Post
                              Nassau County Corrections make more than us, and they pay ZERO for their health plan, but do have co-pays - their co-pays are less than hours.
                              How many employees?
                              Nassau Co. pays them not the state.

Comment

Lets see the lasik program is a joke,Inmates have the same.The dental insurance is a joke,I don't think anything was even addressed on that issue.We still are waiting to hear on the pre-shift.We have to keep paying more and more of healthcare,RX's.And oh yeah are pay isn't what it should be.Now that the state is broke,I guess the next contract will be full of all kinds of non-comp goodies,so the union states.In other words don't expect any money for the next two
                                Lasik is a joke? You're the 1st I've heard say that. How is dental a joke? I've put braces on 3 kids. How much do you think that would have cost? Pre-shift is still being negotiated. Compare our health w/ other unions. You'll be surprised. CSEA & PEF try for our benefits when they negotiate. It's a better package. Where did you get the idea the union stated the next contract will be full of non-comp. goodies? There hasn't even been a negotiating session yet. You can be sure the state will lowball us but to claim no raises is a stretch. After all they lowballed last time & you got a good contract.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3200 users online. 181 members and 3019 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X