Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Update on non-compensatory articles in negotiations

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by DOCS OCT View Post
    And now, nobody is working in Albany for the next two weeks, so nothing more will be done until sometime in January, 2010, right?
    Letters explaining what the ballot is about is being sent out this week or next. Then the ballots. One for L/E & one for Corrections. The ballots are counted the third week in January (I forgot the actual date). Once ratified the contract books get printed. It's actually an Article of the contract that the books get printed so it has to be done. Things are actually happening faster than expected. Paterson ordered GOER back to the table otherwise the State would still be stalling. It may sound strange but if it wasn't for Paterson we still would be waiting. Go figure. He did the right thing.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by MSICF View Post
      Letters explaining what the ballot is about is being sent out this week or next. Then the ballots. One for L/E & one for Corrections. The ballots are counted the third week in January (I forgot the actual date). Once ratified the contract books get printed. It's actually an Article of the contract that the books get printed so it has to be done. Things are actually happening faster than expected. Paterson ordered GOER back to the table otherwise the State would still be stalling. It may sound strange but if it wasn't for Paterson we still would be waiting. Go figure. He did the right thing.
      Well thanks for the update.What exactly is going to happen now.Does this mean we are negotiating with GOER once again?As far as Paterson is concerned he's just trying to save his job you gotta know that.But if we can take advantage of that at the table go for it.Any suggestions on the ballot?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
        Well thanks for the update.What exactly is going to happen now.Does this mean we are negotiating with GOER once again?As far as Paterson is concerned he's just trying to save his job you gotta know that.But if we can take advantage of that at the table go for it.Any suggestions on the ballot?
        Negotiations will start back up just as soon as the contracts are ratified. Paterson's fear is the hit he's going to take w/ the public. He's crying for cuts & yet just gave L/E 6% over the last 2 years. The next round will be very tough to negotiate.
        The balloting is just a formality for Corrections. It's the L/E offer that is crucial. I expect it to be ratified. The offer was fair and somewhat in line w/ Corrections. The Lasik is a very big win. No other bargaining unit got Lasik through collective bargaining. It is what it is. There will be some L/E members against it but that's to be expected. But it gets them current w/ Corrections & is very fair. Their longevity steps increased just like ours. With L/E the state keeps changing job titles around & it makes it difficult for them to follow contract language w/ each title. IE the state will change a job title & now the new job title isn't eligible for pre-shift briefing or shift differential or some other benefit. But that is being addressed.

        Comment


        • #34
          I just read the union web posting.They did a good job of getting that posted.I think your right gonna be tough to get this next contract done.However the gov will be tin cupping it for union support I would imagine.Looks like we might get this done in the same fashion as usual.You know two year deal after four years go by.But lets see what happens.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
            I just read the union web posting.They did a good job of getting that posted.I think your right gonna be tough to get this next contract done.However the gov will be tin cupping it for union support I would imagine.Looks like we might get this done in the same fashion as usual.You know two year deal after four years go by.But lets see what happens.
            You can bet that we won't see anything for at least two years, minimum.
            Doing Life On The Installment Plan.

            Comment


            • #36
              I was talking with another co the other day and he made an interesting point.Our uniform allowance is now figured into our base pay(soft money)and was only put in once.After that it is figured in as a percentage of all future contracts.In other words the uni benefit of 1500 was figured in only once on your base pay after that it is only 3% of that next time around.Please tell me our union clowns didn't screw that up.No givebacks Yeah ok

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
                I was talking with another co the other day and he made an interesting point.Our uniform allowance is now figured into our base pay(soft money)and was only put in once.After that it is figured in as a percentage of all future contracts.In other words the uni benefit of 1500 was figured in only once on your base pay after that it is only 3% of that next time around.Please tell me our union clowns didn't screw that up.No givebacks Yeah ok
                It's in your base pay & is thus subject to any increase. I don't see what you mean about a giveback. It's always in your base. If there was a giveback then you would lose it out of your base. Being in your base affects any OT you work and your FAS for retirement purposes.

                Comment


                • #38
                  The next issue of the Independent will include a survey card for issues you want addressed at the next contract go-around. It's just like the last time. Filling them out & sending them back will help immensely. Cards need to be returned by March 8.
                  Last edited by MSICF; 12-30-2009, 09:13 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by MSICF View Post
                    It's in your base pay & is thus subject to any increase. I don't see what you mean about a giveback. It's always in your base. If there was a giveback then you would lose it out of your base. Being in your base affects any OT you work and your FAS for retirement purposes.
                    I understand it took me a bit to understand.That uniform allowance was added to the 2007 award into our base pay,and I think the amount was 1500 dollars.But from that point forward it will only be a percentage award from that point forward.Its not like your getting 1500 added everytime and if thats the case we lost out on that .

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
                      I understand it took me a bit to understand.That uniform allowance was added to the 2007 award into our base pay,and I think the amount was 1500 dollars.But from that point forward it will only be a percentage award from that point forward.Its not like your getting 1500 added everytime and if thats the case we lost out on that .
                      You get the 1500. plus the % increase.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by MSICF View Post
                        You get the 1500. plus the % increase.
                        2 yr contract 1500 uni on lets say for argument 30,000 dollars now its 31,500 the next contract you didn't bet another 1500 uni which would make it 33,000 instead the state gave us 3% off of 31,500 check it out no uni allowance of 1500 for the second yr of that contract

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
                          2 yr contract 1500 uni on lets say for argument 30,000 dollars now its 31,500 the next contract you didn't bet another 1500 uni which would make it 33,000 instead the state gave us 3% off of 31,500 check it out no uni allowance of 1500 for the second yr of that contract
                          No. The 1500. stays. Otherwise your base the 2nd year would drop back down to 30,000. The 1500 is there every year forward. You don't lose it.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by MSICF View Post
                            No. The 1500. stays. Otherwise your base the 2nd year would drop back down to 30,000. The 1500 is there every year forward. You don't lose it.
                            Yeah it's there only once and after that you only get 3% of that forward unless they negotiate.You aren't getting 1500 1500 & 1500 the numbers don't reflect that check it out

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              aw geez, please tell me that you have enough basic math skills to figure this one out. the 1500 is now included in your base salary, it did not get taken away so instead of getting say 30k+3% +1500 you are now getting 31500 +3%.this now occurs each year over and over adding in a few extra shekels a year to your base pay everytime a contract gives you more money the percentage on the 1500 gives you additional dinero. if you graduated grade school you should understand compounding and realize this is better. please tell me you understand so i dont need to post a facepalm pic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by redstoy View Post
                                aw geez, please tell me that you have enough basic math skills to figure this one out. the 1500 is now included in your base salary, it did not get taken away so instead of getting say 30k+3% +1500 you are now getting 31500 +3%.this now occurs each year over and over adding in a few extra shekels a year to your base pay everytime a contract gives you more money the percentage on the 1500 gives you additional dinero. if you graduated grade school you should understand compounding and realize this is better. please tell me you understand so i dont need to post a facepalm pic
                                Thankyou

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4087 users online. 200 members and 3887 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X