Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, if any changes were there for non-compensatory articles?

Comment

Originally posted by junebug6494 View Post
      What, if any changes were there for non-compensatory articles?
      I won't know until the 9th. But it's been our stance right along that there would be no give-backs. I don't foresee any but you never know. Status quo was the word being used most of the time. Sick time, vacation & Comp. were the biggest issues. The state refused to budge about WC w/ the Law Enforcement group before this last session.

A lot of what happens behind closed doors is left there by agreement w/ the Union & the state until the actual agreement is drafted. Neither side wants the media involved. And you know how hacks can talk & spread rumors. The state is good at leaking contract language that they feel isn't in their interest. Turns public opinion against us. When I have info I'll post what I can.

Comment

Well considering all the crying Paterson is doing these days you have to wonder.All the while senators and assemblymen going on as if nothings wrong with the state.If diception is what they are shooting for I think they nailed it.

Comment

Did you hear about the officer that got hit with a sock and lock? Administration had information that there was a hit list on officers and did nothing.Where is the union on this?Not even one mention of this at line-up,are you kidding me.The union people need to be blasting Albany on this with all the cuts that are coming,

Comment

It was an Officer at Midstate. I'm told there was a hitlist, but no way to confirm it.
            New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989 View Post
              It was an Officer at Midstate. I'm told there was a hitlist, but no way to confirm it.
              Most of the names on the list were CIU guys and co's that run their game tight.Thats why Admin balking.

Comment

Uhm, this contract thing is NOT for us I'm being told. I'm told it's for the LAW ENFORCEMENT arm of NYSCOPBA, not Corrections.

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989 View Post
                  Uhm, this contract thing is NOT for us I'm being told. I'm told it's for the LAW ENFORCEMENT arm of NYSCOPBA, not Corrections.
                  Not true. The money part is for Law Enforcement but the non-compensatory Articles are for both Corrections & L/E. If accepted by the Negotiating team, the Exec. Board & the Exec. Assembly then it goes out for ratification.

Comment

Gotcha. You can't listen to your facility CSS's, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by MSICF View Post
                      I won't know until the 9th. But it's been our stance right along that there would be no give-backs. I don't foresee any but you never know. Status quo was the word being used most of the time. Sick time, vacation & Comp. were the biggest issues. The state refused to budge about WC w/ the Law Enforcement group before this last session.

A lot of what happens behind closed doors is left there by agreement w/ the Union & the state until the actual agreement is drafted. Neither side wants the media involved. And you know how hacks can talk & spread rumors. The state is good at leaking contract language that they feel isn't in their interest. Turns public opinion against us. When I have info I'll post what I can.
                      it is now the 9th. any word?

Comment

Originally posted by junebug6494 View Post
                        it is now the 9th. any word?
                        Collective Bargaining & Negotiating team accepted the State's proposals. It now goes to the Exec. Board. Approval from them will move it to the Exec. Assembly on 12/16. If accepted there it goes out for ratification. There were no changes in Corrections side of the non-monetary Articles. But there wouldn't be since it was for the last 2 years. It still need ratification as a formality. If L/E members ratify theirs we should start on our new contract in late January or early February.

Comment

Both the Exec. Board & the Exec. Assembly have approved the offer. Both the L/E & Corrections contracts will be going out for ratification.

Comment

Alright what exactly did they approve?What was the offer?

Comment

Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
                              Alright what exactly did they approve?What was the offer?
                              L/E got 3%, 3% & 3% increase on their "soft" monies. Brings them current w/ us. They also got Lasik surgery. They are the only ones in the state that got Lasik as part of a negotiated settlement. Everybody else got Lasik as a result of arbitration.
                              Corrections is just a formality; ratification of the non-compensatory Articles of the contract.

Comment

And now, nobody is working in Albany for the next two weeks, so nothing more will be done until sometime in January, 2010, right?
                                Doing Life On The Installment Plan.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4470 users online. 248 members and 4222 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X