300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Update on non-compensatory articles in negotiations

I believe it was here in this forum, that I read that NYSCOPBA walked out on July 28th because the State was not negotiating in good faith. President Rowe was going to meet with the Governor on this.................................

I have not seen I heard anything else since then. I've asked my local reps and they have no clue what I am talking about. Does anybody have any updated information? Are we still waiting?

I know this part of the negotiations need to be completed before we can start negotiating the contract that expired in April 2009.

Originally posted by Redsox Sgt View Post
    I believe it was here in this forum, that I read that NYSCOPBA walked out on July 28th because the State was not negotiating in good faith. President Rowe was going to meet with the Governor on this.................................

I have not seen I heard anything else since then. I've asked my local reps and they have no clue what I am talking about. Does anybody have any updated information? Are we still waiting?

I know this part of the negotiations need to be completed before we can start negotiating the contract that expired in April 2009.
    Simple just pick up the phone and call him,and ask!

Comment

Originally posted by Redsox Sgt View Post

The state has agreed to go back to the table. Meetings are set for 11/23 & 11/25. It's not known if they still will want givebacks. It remains to be seen.

On another note, pre-shift briefing is likely to go back to the arbitrator since the state refuses to budge on that also. And Comp. is headed in the same direction.

Comment

I hate to say it, but here we go again.
        Doing Life On The Installment Plan.

Comment

Originally posted by DOCS OCT View Post
          I hate to say it, but here we go again.
          There's a new sheriff in town. Gary Simpson is Fischer's new hatchet man. He's pretty much been behind everything bad, including the Fishkill deal. I'd say more but my recent ban has me wary. He was promoted within GOER as Correctional Services Special Assistant. I believe the post was created for him during the current hiring "freeze", but I'm not sure. Beware.

Comment

Originally posted by MSICF View Post
            There's a new sheriff in town. Gary Simpson is Fischer's new hatchet man. He's pretty much been behind everything bad, including the Fishkill deal. I'd say more but my recent ban has me wary. He was promoted within GOER as Correctional Services Special Assistant. I believe the post was created for him during the current hiring "freeze", but I'm not sure. Beware.
            Sounds like a Major suck *** like Fischer.But hey thats how Albany works.Send him to Bldg#2

Comment

What happened at Fishkill? I haven't heard anything about it but as for Simpson....wasn't he the States panel member in the previous arbitration proceedings? Or maybe he was their lead counsel......there are so many state suckholes around that I can't keep track of all of them..........

Comment

Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
                What happened at Fishkill? I haven't heard anything about it but as for Simpson....wasn't he the States panel member in the previous arbitration proceedings? Or maybe he was their lead counsel......there are so many state suckholes around that I can't keep track of all of them..........
                Same Gary Simpson.

There's a thread here about Fishkill. In April Officers were accused of "strike" actions in violation of the Taylor Law. NY went after the individual COs and not the Union.

Comment

Same Gary Simpson.

There's a thread here about Fishkill. In April Officers were accused of "strike" actions in violation of the Taylor Law. NY went after the individual COs and not the Union.
                  Oh yeah.....I do remember that now that you mention it. Have there been any further developments with that because everything has been hush hush ever since.

No surprise here about Simpson being promoted. The State just took care of one of their bigger suckholes and gave him an agenda and an axe to grind. As you can tell I'm all broken up about poor Commissioner Fischers feelings being hurt by the Union...........

Comment

Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
                    Oh yeah.....I do remember that now that you mention it. Have there been any further developments with that because everything has been hush hush ever since.

No surprise here about Simpson being promoted. The State just took care of one of their bigger suckholes and gave him an agenda and an axe to grind. As you can tell I'm all broken up about poor Commissioner Fischers feelings being hurt by the Union...........
                    State dropped everything. Issue is dead.

Comment

The State will meet on Monday 11/23/09. It seems both sides have 2 3%'s in mind for Law Enforcement. NY does not want a 4 year contract (and it appears a 2 yr. contract is next in line for us also) because of the financial environment. They are predicting a $10 billion deficit over the next 2 years. Law Enforcement is likely not to get any increase in their "soft" monies & this might lead them to not ratify a contract. Fingers crossed. The focus is on getting them a contract so we can move on our next one. The advantages of Arbitration vs. Collective Bargaining are very clear now.

DOCS & Civil Service, along w/ Budget are meeting sporadically in an effort to reach an agreement on pre-shift briefing. Little steps but steps nonetheless. If the Union isn't satisfied w/ the progress by the Dec. EA then you can look forward to pre-shift briefing being handed back to Selchick. It hasn't gone back to arbitration yet because it would appear the Union is rushing to Selchick w/o allowing the State time to calculate the costs. Changing the work week to 41.25 hours complicates the way accruals are figured, relief factors & many other things. The Dec. EA should have more info & can act then if needed. Fingers crossed there too.

Comment

Once again, the State cries poor mouth and we end up getting the brunt of it.
                        Doing Life On The Installment Plan.

Comment

Did anything get resolved at the 11/25 meeting

Comment

Originally posted by toughco60 View Post
                            Did anything get resolved at the 11/25 meeting
                            Today is the 25th.

Comment

NYSCOPBA has prelimarily accepted NY's proposals on both the monetary portion of the Law Enforcement contract & the non-compensatory Articles for ALL members. The finalized version will be put in front of the Collective Bargaining Comm. on 12/9 for their perusal & then onto the EB on 12/15. The EA then acts to accept it or not during the 12/16 & 12/17 EA meetings.

This is a pleasant surprise since it seems the state is now willing to start negotiating again. It remains to be seen just how willing they are to bargain in good faith.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5277 users online. 265 members and 5012 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X