300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graterford Prison

Does anybody work graterford here?I just started and was looking for some tips

I don't work there, but welcome to the Pa DOC. I think is spelled Grattersferd, atleast that's how it's sounds when the inmates say it.
    Best of luck in your career.

Comment

Im not a typically scary type person and i'm from not the best hoods of philly,5'11 and about 240 mostly muscle and never been so nervous in my walking thru that block for the first time,it looks a little crazy.I actually thought the imates be "locked up" not walking around all day.they really out for about 80% of the day.It took me by surprise

Comment

We all know that feeling bout2be1. Believe me you will get used to it, but remember to always have your radar going. One day you will be walking that same path, and the slightest thing may feel weird to you. That is when it will jump off. Always be on your toes, and always know what's at your 6!
        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Wait your two years then transfer!

Comment

Originally posted by bout2be1 View Post
            Im not a typically scary type person and i'm from not the best hoods of philly,5'11 and about 240 mostly muscle and never been so nervous in my walking thru that block for the first time,it looks a little crazy.I actually thought the imates be "locked up" not walking around all day.they really out for about 80% of the day.It took me by surprise

Read around the Big House forum..........................there is a lot of good information in here that will help you in your career

By the way, I can still remember the feeling the very first time I walked thru the sally port into a maximum security prison. I distinctly remember the electric buzz that started a the base of my spine.........followed the spine up and down a couple times then disappeared. It felt that way for a couple weeks. That was over 32 years ago.

PM me for a link to another forum that is corrections specific ----another place with a lot of info.
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

second day thru the block wasnt as nerve wrecking as the first day but seeing the other officers in such a good mood is a good sign to me

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                Read around the Big House
                I distinctly remember the electric buzz that started a the base of my spine.........followed the spine up and down a couple times then disappeared.
                Here in Pennsylvania, that buzz is the sound that the saw makes that removes the spine of a Sgt. just before the the Lt. bar is pinned on. Followed by a drill that removes the section of his brain that still remembers the word "NO".

Comment

Originally posted by PADOC CO1 View Post
                  Here in Pennsylvania, that buzz is the sound that the saw makes that removes the spine of a Sgt. just before the the Lt. bar is pinned on. Followed by a drill that removes the section of his brain that still remembers the word "NO".
                  Great post...we hear that sound in ny. too.

Comment

I start the academy in elizabethtown mon. Any advice?

Comment

Listen to everything they tell you. Take all the tests. Then when you get to your jail they will teach you how its done.
                      Last edited by JR45; 09-13-2009, 10:53 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

I worked at Graterford for 10 years. I escaped in 2000. Oddly enough, that is a well run prison when compared to how things were run in the past. Graterford was a combat zone in the 90s; Total chaos...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5688 users online. 317 members and 5371 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X