300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 25YearsToGo View Post
    If they award anything, there will be retro pay just like last time.
    That's funny. You sound like the CO's that voted no back in the early 1990's against giving themselves 0% raises and yet the contract passed.

Be happy to get what the rest of the state workers received.

Be happy to get what the rest of the state workers received? Wrong attitude my friend. Taking whatever scraps are left from the table is how the state defeats the union. There already trying to union bust by pitting us against each other with this "post elimination" plan which is freaking illegal. What will it take? What will it take for us to stop worrying about the individual and start worrying about the collective? I will say this till i am blue in the face. But divided we cannot stand. United will we win the day.
    If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by DOCSatTheGunk View Post
      Be happy to get what the rest of the state workers received? Wrong attitude my friend.
      6% in this economy is "scraps"? Maybe some people need to read a newspaper and see how everyone is laying off, soon to be the DOCS also. I will assume you have over 10 years on the job, is close to $60,000 a year not enough money for you? What you make a year will be over $60,000 if you recieve the 6% all the other state workers received. I've been saying for years we are pricing ourselves out of jobs. By looking at what's been going on in the DOCS I hate to say that it looks like I may be right.

Originally posted by DOCSatTheGunk View Post
      What will it take for us to stop worrying about the individual and start worrying about the collective? I will say this till i am blue in the face. But divided we cannot stand. United will we win the day.
      Are you worried about your brothers and sisters in blue with less time than you that will most likely get laid off or is your raise more important to you?

I would take 0's if it meant no layoffs.

Comment

I would take 0's if it meant no layoffs.
        A noble gesture if true but put the shoe on the other foot for a second. If the state chopped all the un-necessary dead weight and asst. to the asst. of the asst. of the Commissioner in Building 2 there would also be no need for lay-offs. I said it in a previous post that the reason this state is in the mess it's in is because of 30 plus years of mismanagement in Albany but it's never the people in Albany who have to feel the cuts. Until they sacrifice like they are asking the rest of us to do my attitude remains the same......they get NO concessions from me. That may sound crass and uncaring but thats the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
          If the state chopped all the un-necessary dead weight and asst. to the asst. of the asst. of the Commissioner in Building 2 there would also be no need for lay-offs.
          You know as well as I do that that is not going to happen. Indians go before the chiefs.

How about talks of laying off people but yet the state does not collect millions of dollars in tax revenue from the Indians?

Or the increase Patterson gave in welfare, or the millions the state gave the Yankees/Mets to build new stadiums, or medicaid fraud, workman's comp. fraud, etc...

There was an article in the NY Post a few months back and NY is owed over $10 billion dollars in back taxes. Why don't they go and collect them? There's your deficit right there.

Comment

You know as well as I do that that is not going to happen. Indians go before the chiefs.

How about talks of laying off people but yet the state does not collect millions of dollars in tax revenue from the Indians?

Or the increase Patterson gave in welfare, or the millions the state gave the Yankees/Mets to build new stadiums, or medicaid fraud, workman's comp. fraud, etc...

There was an article in the NY Post a few months back and NY is owed over $10 billion dollars in back taxes. Why don't they go and collect them? There's your deficit right there.
            Yeah.....I know that we get the ax before the paper pushers and that was the point I was making in the other thread about the Union buying some prime front page space in the papers statewide....getting a list of all these
            2nd and 3rd asst's to each and every asst. commissioner and every other useless paper pusher and publish their names, salaries and EXACTLY what their function is so everyone can see it. It's freely available on certain websites so I don't see where it would be a violation of privacy to publish any info that is available on the web.

I can tell you almost exactly why the State doesn't push to collect taxes from the Indians. I live in between 2 of the Reservations up North so I have seen first hand what happens. Everyone in Albany knows that the Indians will blockade roads up here as well as out West.....just like when they shut down a section of the Thruway a few years back. That, in turn, leads to a HUGE overtime budget for the State Police and I know that because my father is a retired Trooper. I know some Troopers that almost doubled their salaries in overtime and that was almost 20 years ago. Can you imagine the costs associated in overtime with what the Troopers make now, which is almost double what they were making back in 1990? I'm not dumping on them either...just stating facts as I see them in dollar figures.

I won't even get going on welfare because that is simply an institution where the people who NEED it can't get it and the generation welfare scums who have never held a job and never will live quite nicely off the system. All as they sit back...drink beer......buy scratch tickets and breed like flies....

The Yankees/Mets stadiums.....New York City......'Nuff Said.....

And the rest you are spot on hence my saying....until THEY sacrifice I will give them NO concessions.

Comment

I am with WillardDTC on this one. I give the state nothing but 8 honest hours. Then I steal as much as I can in OT!!

Has anybody thought the layoff out...bunch of us did the other night. We figure with the 18 or so we will lose, OT will finally open up. Which in turn will cost the state. On top of the last 2 or 3 academies receiving unemployment funds, which in turn will cost the state.

Does anybody see the pattern here?? Whatever the state does, it will still cost them double! Crazy chimp can't "see" what his layoffs will do to NYS.
              Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hack4NYS View Post
                Has anybody thought the layoff out...bunch of us did the other night. We figure with the 18 or so we will lose, OT will finally open up. Which in turn will cost the state.
                DOCS also intends to vacate the annexes at Eastern, Green Haven, Groveland, Lakeview, Sullivan and Washington Correctional Facilities, as well as the minimum portion of Butler Correctional Facility.

Closing Posts does not create overtime because you do not need to fill them jobs.

I feel sorry for the people who is being effected by this. It will be years before they finally get home again. I predict at least 5. That's when the 88's and 89's are eligible to retire. That's if they do retire.

Comment

I am unsure how we will close posts at my jail. I mean it's a program jail. I'd be glad to see them cut the school out, the relaxation/meditation class...but we all know they won't.

So CO 1 with 2.8 years on job gets transferred back to the Haven...he had a temp. bid in the school. Who will fill that post?? All the other 17 extras have been sent back East!

25years...who will fill that post? I see it as an OT spot...what do you see it as??
                  Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

25years...who will fill that post? I see it as an OT spot...what do you see it as??
                    I see it as a job cut. They will not be cutting jobs that will need to be filled.

For example when they close the annex at Livingston and CO John Doe who had the bid on housing unit A calls in sick, they won't need to fill his job with an extra or with overtime due to the fact that that job does not exist anymore.

Another facility in my area is doing away with 4 rover jobs on midnights. If CO Jane Doe who had the rover job on midnights calls in sick they will not have to replace her job anymore because that job does not exist.

Do you think they are going to close jobs that they are going to keep open with extras or overtime?

17 extras is a lot of extras, with the addition things that will be cut, there will be a lot more extras. Which means even less overtime.
                    Last edited by 25YearsToGo; 04-15-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I hate to say it but i hope they do lay off, ot will almost double and then where will they be? that way of trying to save will cost more.. i know if the layoffs come i am signing up every shift for ot.. at my facility yesterday they had to hire 31 spots for ot on days and a few more for afternoons.. now lay off 20 cos and see what the ot is.....

Comment

Who really knows though. Time will tell.

I'd be a little worried if I was hired in 2007, 08 or 09.

I pray that these cuts don't effect anyone. Hopefully the cuts can be done through attrition.

Comment

I got it twice in last week. Went from once a month to twice in 5 days?? I love it. Whatever keeps the OT flowing into my account is fine by me. I know it sounds bad....and hopefully not too many layoffs will happen. But...I gotta use Job #2 CO to look out for Job #1 My Family!

Comment

I got it twice in last week. Went from once a month to twice in 5 days?? I love it. Whatever keeps the OT flowing into my account is fine by me. I know it sounds bad....and hopefully not too many layoffs will happen. But...I gotta use Job #2 CO to look out for Job #1 My Family!
                            SO Sad. This kind of thought is why we will never win as a brotherhood.
                            CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
                            FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by NYSJAILER2008 View Post
                              SO Sad. This kind of thought is why we will never win as a brotherhood.
                              They preach brotherhood yet my real brothers don't **** me as hard.

Comment

January 08 is cutoff for layoffs . 7 Annexes closing planned , along with other 3 previously reported .
                                I drink , I drive fast cars , and I fondle women . But I am my own boss , and do have weekends off !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6347 users online. 261 members and 6086 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X