Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long?

OK,
    I have a question. How long on the average did it take for guys and gals to be somewhat comfortable enough to feel like you belong in corrections.
    I mean did you have a moment where you said to yourself, I think I finally got it.
    I am not saying you know everything because you never will. I am still learning new things all the time and I have 21 years as a CO.
    I would say about 7 years for me to at least feel like I had a pretty decent handle on things.

I have been in law Enforcement for almost 7 years and I know law enforcment is my place to be but I don't think corrections is the place for me to be I have only been in corrections for a little over a year and I just hate being around these idiots I would rather put them in here than baby sit them all day. now if I was on a responce team or we had more action then yeah but county corrections is boring
    Lawdog TCSO
    In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
    well daisy if you do

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog30 View Post
      I have been in law Enforcement for almost 7 years and I know law enforcment is my place to be but I don't think corrections is the place for me to be I have only been in corrections for a little over a year and I just hate being around these idiots I would rather put them in here than baby sit them all day. now if I was on a responce team or we had more action then yeah but county corrections is boring
      I've been in Corrections for a year now on the state level. Convicts suck. If I could shoot them, I would. Now, my coworkers are great and the only ones I trust in prison.

They're all slightly retarded.

Comment

I trust most of my coworkers there are some of them I will not turn my back on for fear of being stabbed by them.
        Lawdog TCSO
        In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
        well daisy if you do

Comment

Two Years - Maximum security Nebraska State Corrections
          Two Years - Texas County Jail

To the OP, Like you said, I've never stopped learning, something new every day, but I think I picked it up about a year into the state corrections. I had to reset when I went to the county jail, and now I work in a small county, and working in the jail is part of the description, and it was a reset again, but that goes more to learning than feeling comfortable.
          sigpic
          Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Thats hard to answer been doing it so long I cannt remember. BUT, I do tell all new recuits when I ask how they think they are doing...this is not a job with a specific detailed job. It is mostly, learn as you go, on every situation, They will all be different no matter how much they are the same. Due to people are different and deal with issues different.

Comment

I will probably not get comfortable for a long time. With only 3 on the job, and 22 more to go, I am still a FNG. Besides, I learn something 'new' every day at my facility. I enjoy learning new things, and getting perspectives from grizzled 20 or more vets. I always put on a 'game face' before walking through gates, and take it off afterwards. Besides, getting comfortable may give guys a false sense of security, and this could lead to bad results.
              Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4652 users online. 283 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X