• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDC74
    replied
    Originally posted by trueblue66 View Post
    sgt 809,
    on different note, i have heard that in california there are cameras inmost of the jails. Is this true?? i feel that this, many times, can be a disservice to officers in the facility just in the way the convicts can conduct themselves?? do you agree??
    In all of our facilities there are cameras EVERYWHERE,intake, all the units, kitchen,hallways and each unit has multiple cameras you just have to know where the blind spots are to protect yourself.

Also, on the topic at hand I wear my uniform to and from with my duty gun. The facility Im at has no lockers and some of the other facilities have lockers but they are all taken.
    Last edited by MDC74; 12-23-2008, 06:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• trueblue66
    replied
    too many cameras???

sgt 809,
    on different note, i have heard that in california there are cameras inmost of the jails. Is this true?? i feel that this, many times, can be a disservice to officers in the facility just in the way the convicts can conduct themselves?? do you agree??

Leave a comment:

• RCKoutWurGLKout
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasOutlaw View Post
    In this same topic...

What kind of uniform do you wear? Do you wear the BDU's w/ polo or the Police Officer uniform w/ the patch badge?

I just work in the city jail so we wear Blue BDU's w/ grey polo and patch badge and name.
    Blaur Shirt and Pants. I was told that we used to have the same uniforms our Dep's had, but I guess somewhere along the line it was determined to be...confusing or some sort. Now we wear all black uni's with the patch and name and all the fun pockets . They aren't class A's though .

Leave a comment:

• TexasAggieOfc
    replied
    Originally posted by MHMR-D.O. View Post
    In winter I wear my Carhart coat over my uniform. During the summer I wear a cover t-shirt. Our uniforms are identical to patrol except for the badge is a little different. Obviously the public does not know this so they always ask you questions. Especially when you get down town.
    Um, Deputy... where are the Stockyards?
    Well, if you'll look at the massive sign that says Stockyards <---- I'll bet you'll find it

Leave a comment:

• MHMR-D.O.
    replied
    In winter I wear my Carhart coat over my uniform. During the summer I wear a cover t-shirt. Our uniforms are identical to patrol except for the badge is a little different. Obviously the public does not know this so they always ask you questions. Especially when you get down town.

Leave a comment:

• ACS1719
    replied
    I Change at home and drive to work. Occasionally I stop on the way to or from work to pick something up.

However that being said, criminals north of 49 are quite a but different then the ones to the south. The are somewhat less intense and we have no where near the number of genuine "Max and Super-Max" inmates in both fed and provicial systems (last I checked the Canadian Federal SHU only had between 90 and 100 inmates). We also have less of everything and a truly "heinous" crime is rare.

Leave a comment:

• CERT437
    replied
    I,along with everyone else I work with come to work in uniform.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Iowa DOC
    Brown Galls BDU's patches all over the place
    Patch Badge

Look like giant tootsie rolls walking down the range

Leave a comment:

• EPD_A60
    replied
    I wear my uniform to and from. I try not to stop if at all possible.

Leave a comment:

• CO1989
    replied
    Summer time I wear the pants to work (they look like dickies) and no shirt, put the shirt on when I get there. Winter time I dress fully, as I'll be wearing a coat anyway!

Leave a comment:

• TexasAggieOfc
    replied
    Blue jeans, polo shirt, badge on belt with cuffs and 'off duty' holster

Leave a comment:

• DOCSatTheGunk
    replied
    Bus Driver uniform.

Leave a comment:

• TexasOutlaw
    replied
    In this same topic...

What kind of uniform do you wear? Do you wear the BDU's w/ polo or the Police Officer uniform w/ the patch badge?

I just work in the city jail so we wear Blue BDU's w/ grey polo and patch badge and name.
    Last edited by TexasOutlaw; 09-26-2008, 07:33 AM. Reason: misspelled a word

Leave a comment:

• Cubfan
    replied
    I wear my uniform to and from work, but I used to leave the shirt off until I got to work and took it off when I went home. I did that mostly in case of an auto accident regardless of fault, people seem to get "injured" more when they see a government uniform. Now I work 3rd shift and am not as worried about it.

Leave a comment:

• sgt809
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
    What is with the paranoia with CDCR? I used to have a parolee (that had been in one of my housing units) that lived next door to me. I regularly see those that I have watched over, and put in jail out in the community... And, at least here, if they wanted to know where you lived, they could find out real quick. Public databases list DLs and LPs, as well as voter registration information.
    I think the criminals here and in texas are a tad different. In Texas, you actually enforce you death penalty, here we dont. So there is little consequency to murder here other than a 20 year sentence, that may be reduced because of some twinky defense.

Things are different out here. The bad guys will smoke you the first chance they get, and you have to do whatever it takes to survive. I relish the thought of living in the midwest where I wouldnt have to worry about this stuff as much.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5377 users online. 327 members and 5050 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X