• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iowa DOC
    Brown Galls BDU's patches all over the place
    Patch Badge

Look like giant tootsie rolls walking down the range
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I,along with everyone else I work with come to work in uniform.

Comment

I Change at home and drive to work. Occasionally I stop on the way to or from work to pick something up.

However that being said, criminals north of 49 are quite a but different then the ones to the south. The are somewhat less intense and we have no where near the number of genuine "Max and Super-Max" inmates in both fed and provicial systems (last I checked the Canadian Federal SHU only had between 90 and 100 inmates). We also have less of everything and a truly "heinous" crime is rare.
        "If and eye for an eye leave the whole world blind, then why the **** are gun toting gangbangers still hitting things?!!"

WHAT I USE AND STRONGLY RECOMMEND:
        Equipment Type: Bianchi Accumold Elite/Safariland/De Santis/Stallion Leather
        Flashlights: Surefire Peacekeeper P1R (Belt)
        Handcuffs: S&W 100's
        Preferred Firearm: S&W MP 40

***My statements are my opinions ONLY and are not representative of my agency or its policies***

Comment

In winter I wear my Carhart coat over my uniform. During the summer I wear a cover t-shirt. Our uniforms are identical to patrol except for the badge is a little different. Obviously the public does not know this so they always ask you questions. Especially when you get down town.
          " Your best??? Losers always wine about their best while the winner goes home with the Prom Queen..."

Comment

Originally posted by MHMR-D.O. View Post
            In winter I wear my Carhart coat over my uniform. During the summer I wear a cover t-shirt. Our uniforms are identical to patrol except for the badge is a little different. Obviously the public does not know this so they always ask you questions. Especially when you get down town.
            Um, Deputy... where are the Stockyards?
            Well, if you'll look at the massive sign that says Stockyards <---- I'll bet you'll find it
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by TexasOutlaw View Post
              In this same topic...

What kind of uniform do you wear? Do you wear the BDU's w/ polo or the Police Officer uniform w/ the patch badge?

I just work in the city jail so we wear Blue BDU's w/ grey polo and patch badge and name.
              Blaur Shirt and Pants. I was told that we used to have the same uniforms our Dep's had, but I guess somewhere along the line it was determined to be...confusing or some sort. Now we wear all black uni's with the patch and name and all the fun pockets . They aren't class A's though .

Comment

too many cameras???

sgt 809,
                on different note, i have heard that in california there are cameras inmost of the jails. Is this true?? i feel that this, many times, can be a disservice to officers in the facility just in the way the convicts can conduct themselves?? do you agree??

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue66 View Post
                  sgt 809,
                  on different note, i have heard that in california there are cameras inmost of the jails. Is this true?? i feel that this, many times, can be a disservice to officers in the facility just in the way the convicts can conduct themselves?? do you agree??
                  In all of our facilities there are cameras EVERYWHERE,intake, all the units, kitchen,hallways and each unit has multiple cameras you just have to know where the blind spots are to protect yourself.

Also, on the topic at hand I wear my uniform to and from with my duty gun. The facility Im at has no lockers and some of the other facilities have lockers but they are all taken.
                  Last edited by MDC74; 12-23-2008, 06:13 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3531 users online. 253 members and 3278 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X