300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing your uniform

I'm just curious as to how many CO's out there other than myself try and avoid wearing there uniform to work and change at work. Its not that I'm ashamed of being a CO, I'm proud of it but I like to keep a low profile when I'm not on the clock
    Before
    77.97%
    After
    22.03%

The poll is expired.

Shut up or Cuff up

Originally posted by Mcc2318 View Post
    I'm just curious as to how many CO's out there other than myself try and avoid wearing there uniform to work and change at work. Its not that I'm ashamed of being a CO, I'm proud of it but I like to keep a low profile when I'm not on the clock
    Here in the great state of Iowa----------there are no locker rooms provided.

You wear your uniform to work----------it can get fun at times!!!!!
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I wear mine to work simply because I'm a fairly big guy and the space between the rows of lockers would barely afford Urkel enough room to change lol

Comment

I wear my civilian clothes to work, than I change when I get there...At 11pm i change back into my civilian clothes.
        If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

I wear a "cover shirt" over my uniform. Usually a flannel shirt that covers teh top. Here in Cali we dont get locker rooms either, and with over 900 guards per joint it would have to be a really big locker room. you would need a lot of those little pine tree air fresheners!

Comment

We have take-home patrol cars here. I am ready to go at house.(Still have to go to briefing though)

Comment

I wear mine into work. If for some reason I have to go somewhere after work, I will bring clothes, like today. If someone rides thier cycle, they wear a jacket or shirt over it. I don't like getting up any earlier than I have to, so for me... why change twice in 10 minutes.

Comment

I wear my uniform to and from work. Of course, these days, my uniform is a polo shirt, blue jeans, a pair of handcuffs, my XD and my badge...
                sigpic
                Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

I wear my uniform to work, but when i have to stop somewhere I change at work I like keeping a low profile too many people ask questions about the prison.

Comment

I wear my civilians to and from work.NYCDOC uniforms look identical to NYPD uniforms except for the patch and people dont stop to read the patch.
                    P/M me for a patch trade.

Comment

I used to change at home but then started doing other activities and it was more convenient to change at work but now the activities have slowed down due to school. So i do a half and half. I put on the pants and boots on at home and the shirt once i get to work.
                      Last edited by Groove; 09-22-2008, 02:22 AM. Reason: spelling
                      War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

I dress fully at home. Jump in my heavily tinted truck and drive straight to work. I do not stop, I do not pass GO, I do not collect $200. My uniform is only visible in the parking lot of the jail, and my driveway at home. (God forbid I stop for a coke and see an old porter from Downstate or something.)
                        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

" Ditto " to Sgt. 809. CDC never did enforce the cover or change at work rule as alot of other agencies do. My brothers county agency makes it manditory that you either wear a cover or change at work. They are written up if caught otherwise.
                          We had no room like the Sgt. says. I always wore a cover to and from, even when I got off late at night, or went in real early. Just a good practice for your own safety.

Graydog,
                          Retired CDC
                          With Strength and Power We Will Prevail......

Comment

double post
                            Last edited by hobbsie711; 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

I change at work. Not that I'd mind changing at home but I have black uniforms and a yellow lab that sheds alot.

Hobbsie

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5586 users online. 380 members and 5206 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X