300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS DOCS and LEOSA

We qualify don't we? I know the dept. doesn't like to advertise the fact that we do, but I'm pretty sure we can carry in all fifty states on the badge right? Also, does anyone know if we are exempt from the magazine capacity restrictions here in NY? I have preban magazines for my carry weapon so its not an issue, just curious.

YES we qualify for LEOSA/HR218. YES you can possess and carry high capacity magazines, you just can't buy them in this State :-( Go to Pennsylvania and you can buy them all day long as a normal citizen. Go to New Jersey and show your badge and they sell them to you without any further questions.
    New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Thanks, bro. I've been to PA already to get some 12 rounders for my XD 40, I want to get back there to get some real 15 rounders for my glock, I have some pre-bans but I'd like the newer magazines that drop free.

I wish there was a way we could order them online!

So, what do you think of our new duty weapons coming next year?

Comment

LOL Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. The old Trooper Glocks will be locked up in a vault somewhere in Albany and probably will not see a Correctional Facility. Cert may see them. But all of us hacks?? Dream on. NYS probably sees half of us as big dumb rednecks who wouldn't know how to clear a jam in one of those Glocks. I doubt we see them anytime.
        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Our range officers have been given the go ahead to order ammunition for next years range sessions by purchasing and he told us that he is going to try and order .38 caliber ammunition. If that order goes through we will know that there will be no change over to the Glocks.....at least for next year anyways. At this moment in time he seems to think that the change over is going to happen though.

Comment

I would trust a fellow redneck hack with a glock before I'd trust many of these "Northern NYC" tards I work with!

Comment

our wto said the cert teams will have the glocks by the end of the year

Comment

I hate to rain on anybody's parade..But dont you think it's pathetic when we have to wait until State Police decide there firearms aren't good enough anymore so they pass them on to us?
                If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989 View Post
                  YES we qualify for LEOSA/HR218. YES you can possess and carry high capacity magazines, you just can't buy them in this State :-( Go to Pennsylvania and you can buy them all day long as a normal citizen. Go to New Jersey and show your badge and they sell them to you without any further questions.
                  My WTO @ my facility told us during annual training that we are not covered under HR218. He said we cannot take our C-Form Off-Duty firearms out of state. I thought that we were covered because I read it and looked liked we made the requirements for this federal law. He said the agency doesn't want its officers to have firearms and if/or when we use they will immediately take our firearms away and put you on restrictions, and that is if you use it in NYS. He said if you get into a incident out of state they will not back you and the superintendent or DSS will tell out of state police that you are not authorizded to have you weapon in that state as you are a NYS Peace Officer and powers do not cross state lines. And if they dont arrest you that you will definately if and when you get back to work will be suspened and/or facing termination and be placed under weapons restriction maybe for your whole career. So my question is who told you that we are coverd under HR218. And do you trust this person with your career and ability to CCW on your badge?? OH yeah they say the same thing in my jail about high-cap magazines(ONLY 10 RDS) allowed as only On-Duty peace officers are exempt from mag restricitions when carring a duty weapon, but not for your personally owned off-duty weapon. He said we can CCW in NYS on our badge, but must follow the same rules and regulations as a NYS pistol permit holder. Oh yeah I carry off duty 99% and I always carry my ID/badge and copies of my c-form in my wallet of all firearms that I have on my bagde. I know that the job hates for us to be able to carry weapons by virtue of our peace officer status. And we will be thrown under the bus for any off-duty shooting incidents with no backing from the agengy. But I rather keep my job/career that I fought hard to get and that I support my family with then choose to carry out of state to test a federal law that there is no documented written directives/policies about it within our dept.
                  Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM.
                  CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
                  FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by C.O.Man View Post
                    our wto said the cert teams will have the glocks by the end of the year
                    I cant wait. Glock 17 is the best. Now Cert can train with a real weapon. And if regular co's get them we will not be under gunned when going out on trips with all these high profile criminals.

Comment

Ummm, i disagree.

Originally posted by NYSJAILER2008 View Post
                      I cant wait. Glock 17 is the best. Now Cert can train with a real weapon. And if regular co's get them we will not be under gunned when going out on trips with all these high profile criminals.
                      Undergunned? Why do you think the NYSP have given up on them? Because they were undergunned, that's why. Who do you think is going to win, the hack with 18 rounds in three clips (6 per clip, because NYS will want it that way) or the scumbag with numerous 15-round clips in his automatic weapon? LOL, tough question right. Please, that hack would do better and save his and his partner's life, by throwing his hands in the air and walking away. Face it, we will always be undergunned.
                      Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hack4NYS View Post
                        Undergunned? Why do you think the NYSP have given up on them? Because they were undergunned, that's why. Who do you think is going to win, the hack with 18 rounds in three clips (6 per clip, because NYS will want it that way) or the scumbag with numerous 15-round clips in his automatic weapon? LOL, tough question right. Please, that hack would do better and save his and his partner's life, by throwing his hands in the air and walking away. Face it, we will always be undergunned.
                        Law enforcement around the country will always be undergunned by well-armed criminals, but why be UNDER UNDER UNDER GUNNED like we are. At least we can be equally undergunned like the rest of LE community. Well that will definately sucks if they treat the same way with these new handguns as they do with the AR-15 magazine limits. Putting limits on magazines that hold 17 rounds of ammo to keep us safe is just plain sad. What is the purpose of switching to semi-autos if you are going to limit the mag capacity to the same as the revolver, might as well save money/training and stay with S&W and not have to worry about jamming or FTF/FTE issues. I am not giving up to a hostile threat against my life, dont care is I have 18 rounds or 52 rounds. I am sworn to protect my life, my partners' life and of course the inmates' life
                        Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 09-17-2008, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSJAILER2008 View Post
                          I am not giving up to a hostile threat against my life, dont care is I have 18 rounds or 52 rounds. I am sworn to protect my life, my partners' life and of course the inmates' life
                          Your ABSOLUTELY right. Dump all 18 rounds into the ex-con trying to shoot you. Then throw your hands up and walk away, because you now will probably have to report to the end of the unemployment line. Unless, IG calls it a good kill. Then you can forget about being on transportation detail ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hack4NYS View Post
                            Your ABSOLUTELY right. Dump all 18 rounds into the ex-con trying to shoot you. Then throw your hands up and walk away, because you now will probably have to report to the end of the unemployment line. Unless, IG calls it a good kill. Then you can forget about being on transportation detail ever again.
                            That is where you are wrong I will only need one well placed shot to disable the threat only after being attacked with DPF. I will not end up on the unemplyment line as long as I do everything the way it states In the directives and SOP/policy of transpotation. So IG will call and all of my actions inside the facility and outside good becasue I follow the rules to the letter. And as long as I am alive , my partner is alive and another bad guy gone I dont care about ever having to work transportation again because there is always a nice tower bid open
                            Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 09-18-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Your right. I'm wrong.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3065 users online. 179 members and 2886 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X