300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing Newbies Under The Bus

How do you all feel about throwing newbies under the bus to save your own *****es? I don't think its right, but wondered what you all thought. I could go into detail with what happens at our facility, but I won't go into it.
    Last edited by NJPrisonCop; 09-11-2008, 11:34 AM.
    LT's Challenge Coins and Promotional Items.
    LT's Challenge Coins on Facebook
    Custom Challenge Coins, Dog Tags, Key Chains, Wristbands, and Patches.

**I was an NJPrisonCop when I joined this forum. I am now a NJPrisonLt**

Originally posted by NJPrisonCop View Post
    How do you all feel about throwing newbies under the bus to save your own *****es? I don't think its right, but wondered what you all thought. I could go into detail with what happens at our facility, but I won't go into it.

Nobody should ever throw anybody under any bus..Doesn't matter if you got 1 day on the job or 20 years..
    If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

the bus

NJPrisonCop ,now I'm curious can you give us some details please.

Integrity in a officer means the settled disposition, the resolve and determination,
      the established habit "of doing right where there is no one to make you do it but yourself".... You are who you are when no one is looking

Comment

In my book any officer who throws one of his own under the bus is not someone I would trust 100% because in the end that same officer will throw you under the bus if push comes to shove newbie or not
        Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil

Comment

I have enough reprimads, counselings, and a couple suspensions to prove that I am not one to throw anyone under the bus to same by bacon.
          If your wrong----------man up and take the medicine.

However
          Back before I got the lobotomy that came with my bars------I worked as OIC in several living units and therefore trained new staff on posts. I always told them-------------you do ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING that jepoardizes me going home in one piece tonight.............................we ARE going to the office.
          It happened a few times-----even with some of the veteran staff
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It is a harsh reality in todays corrections. Most guys are out to save their own ***.
            It happens, it is going to happen and it will happen to you again.
            What we do is we have a group of guys who work the same cell block everyday. Their are 6 of us.
            We only trust each other. We tell nobody nothing that does not work in the block. If we have problems we will wait to deal with them if we don't have the proper staff their to deal with it. (If you know what I mean by that)
            If things should happen when their are guys in the block who don't work their or we don't know then everything is by the book.
            We have all survived 20 or more years this way. The lowest guy in our block has 20 years.
            That is my suggestion. Get with guys you trust and stick with them. We have all have had chances to leave for easier jobs but chose to stay in them to be sure we are working with guys we trust.

Comment

At my county jail we get some young guys who are using the jail as the stepping stone to get on the road and they try to make themselves look good by stepping on everyone else's d**k. Typically it back fires on them.
              War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                It is a harsh reality in todays corrections. Most guys are out to save their own ***.
                It happens, it is going to happen and it will happen to you again.
                How true!

Originally posted by Groove View Post
                At my county jail we get some young guys who are using the jail as the stepping stone to get on the road and they try to make themselves look good by stepping on everyone else's d**k. Typically it back fires on them.
                And in the prison system---there is always someone trying to step on you to get ahead in the system. It usually does NOT backfire. It gets them promoted.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

i havent seen it that much but i have been told that a lot of senior staff wouldnt do anything to jeopardize the pension. that said i have been in a situation where someone someone could have thrown me under a bus and he made sure i was as covered as he was.
                  i know that 99% of the guys here will have my back as new as i am

Comment

18 years later and I'm still getting thrown under the bus....;(

Comment

Originally posted by redstoy View Post
                      i havent seen it that much but i have been told that a lot of senior staff wouldnt do anything to jeopardize the pension. that said i have been in a situation where someone someone could have thrown me under a bus and he made sure i was as covered as he was.
                      i know that 99% of the guys here will have my back as new as i am
                      LOL,
                      Wait until it is time to put your job on the line. We will see who throws who under the bus.
                      Don't live under that illusion. I have faced that very thing. When I was told by my union rep. that I have to rat to save myself I refused.
                      I was close to being fired for something I did not do. I refused to give up the people and in the end I was saved by my captain who had a-lot of juice. He respected me and my work enough to not really asked what happened and went to bat for me based on my work record alone. I have 21 years now and I owe that guy my career.
                      It was tough to work with my job hanging over my head. It lasted for 7 months before I was cleared.
                      I had small kids and bills and still refused to do it.
                      I have seen even the strongest of guys fold when push comes to shove.
                      Please don't kid yourself.
                      Last edited by Tim K; 09-12-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NJPrisonCop View Post
                        I don't throw anybody under the bus, I babysit prisoners not the staff and I don't carry stripes so it isn't my job. However if I am asked by the Brass about a certain incident I will tell nothing but what happened and that's it. I work in County and anyone that has work(ed) in County knows the politics that I try to avoid. I think boots need to be corrected but not tossed under the bus so the brass can run em over.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie View Post
                          I don't throw anybody under the bus, I babysit prisoners not the staff and I don't carry stripes so it isn't my job. However if I am asked by the Brass about a certain incident I will tell nothing but what happened and that's it. I work in County and anyone that has work(ed) in County knows the politics that I try to avoid. I think boots need to be corrected but not tossed under the bus so the brass can run em over.
                          Who tells them, even when they ask.

Comment

But what about the boots driving the bus? We have had some lately write up senior staff. One wrote myself and some others up not to long ago. Menial stuff. I guess in their eyes they think it makes them look better in some of the supervisors eyes. My training officer always told me. If you have a problem with an officer, go to that officer.
                            He teaches my hands to make war,
                            so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
                            Psalms 18:34

Comment

Originally posted by SPC-1 View Post
                              But what about the boots driving the bus? We have had some lately write up senior staff. One wrote myself and some others up not to long ago. Menial stuff. I guess in their eyes they think it makes them look better in some of the supervisors eyes. My training officer always told me. If you have a problem with an officer, go to that officer.
                              Just for the record----------------most of the boss's I work with don't think too much of this method of career advancement..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6359 users online. 358 members and 6001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X