300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color blind

can you be a co in nyc corrections if you are color blind?

Color blind

I am not 100% sure but I think the answer is no, You are tested for color blindness at the medical.

Integrity in a officer means the settled disposition, the resolve and determination,
    the established habit "of doing right where there is no one to make you do it but yourself".... You are who you are when no one is looking

Comment

I dont know about NY but I too am color blind and I am a CO in PA. Basically they gave the standard test you hate with the "plates" or pictures with all the dots.. and when I failed that miserably, they pulled out a paper with 4 shapes on it. One was a blue triangle. One was a red circle. One was a yellow square and one was a green star. She said if I could pick them out I would pass. Very easy.. even for someone who's color blind. If NY doesn't do the same thing........... move to pa.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by freddy2times View Post
          can you be a co in nyc corrections if you are color blind?
          Yes, under certain conditions. My son just went through this. He failed the standard color blindness tests that the military and state corrections give. (I forget the name of that test) The state gives you the option of taking the Farnsworth Munsell test, at your own expense, as another option. There are several state operated facilities that are used to doing this for corrections officer candidates. (Do not go to a private Dr.) My son went to the SUNY Health Center in Syracuse and took this test. The cost was $150 and you get 2 chances. I recommend that you do this BEFORE your scheduled physical as it saves precious time. (The state WILL be hiring again!) If you pass you get the paperwork and it is good forever. It paid off for my son.
          Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ithaca View Post
            Yes, under certain conditions. My son just went through this. He failed the standard color blindness tests that the military and state corrections give. (I forget the name of that test) The state gives you the option of taking the Farnsworth Munsell test, at your own expense, as another option. There are several state operated facilities that are used to doing this for corrections officer candidates. (Do not go to a private Dr.) My son went to the SUNY Health Center in Syracuse and took this test. The cost was $150 and you get 2 chances. I recommend that you do this BEFORE your scheduled physical as it saves precious time. (The state WILL be hiring again!) If you pass you get the paperwork and it is good forever. It paid off for my son.
            Good luck
            ......sorry, I see you were inquiring about they city, not the state. However, it is my understanding that this farnsworth munsell option is available for many agencies.

Comment

ok thanks for the info

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4100 users online. 234 members and 3866 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X