300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about nyc corrections

I am 42 and thinking about taking a correction job. is the job good? can you move up fast? any other thoughts would be helpful thanks

Freddy,

I'm in the NYSDOC Academy now and the job to me is good. As far as your age I have a guy in my company now who is 50 and he is doing well physically. I urge you to be in decent shape because the Academy training is hard. You are able to move up and take the Captains test in 2 years and possibly be promoted in 3 years to Captain.

Comment

Top pay is 70k and will increase in a few months

Comment

Originally posted by johnbu View Post
        Freddy,

I'm in the NYSDOC Academy now and the job to me is good. As far as your age I have a guy in my company now who is 50 and he is doing well physically. I urge you to be in decent shape because the Academy training is hard. You are able to move up and take the Captains test in 2 years and possibly be promoted in 3 years to Captain.
        What does Academy training consist of?

Comment

42 is not a bad age- you'll be ok. u only move up by taking tests. The Job is great. u have to get used to the shift hours and rotating days 4x2 and gettin stuck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158296 users online. 126 members and 158170 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X