300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nyc corrections

i am 42 and got called for nyc corrections but i heard it is not a good job and no family life any answers for me?
    Last edited by freddy2times; 09-04-2008, 11:49 AM.

It's all what you make of it. I've been on the job for a little over a year now and I'm not crazy about it. I dont plan on staying here forever. Not having a family life is not true at all. It depends on what shift you work I guess. For example if you work the midnight shift than you will be stuck for overtime at least two out of four days (16hours total) which makes things hard, but the 7X3 or 3X11 shifts are not that bad. I'm on the 7X3 shift and my family life is just fine. If you have any questions just send me a PM
    As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Comment

nyc corrections need help about the job

thanks nycboldest21

Comment

I'm taking the Correction Officer exam on 11/1. My occasional partner at my job now just basically says its overtime overtime overtime. He was in the Transportation Division, but doesn't really talk about anything outside of overtime. Can anybody tell me how the job actually is? Other units to advance to; how hard it is to get to promoted; salary potential. Any info would be great, thanks.

Comment

Like I said...the overtime is there if you want it, but so many people are trying to get overtime so there a plenty of people to take it if you dont want it. The job is OK depending on what your looking for. If you are looking for a job with good pay, and a good pension and benefits than its great, but if you are looking for a job that gives you respect and a feeling of brotherhood you would be going to the wrong place.
          As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Comment

I think me and this job is going to get along just fine when ever i get in especially if i nail the 7x3 or 3 to 11 shift. i hear there is alot of mandatory overtime as well. im bracing myself for that as well, just hope its not an everyday thing (more like every 2 or 3 days of it). my score on the test was 88.75% so i hope i get called soon

Comment

you'll get called.... doc is in need of officers. good luck- COME TAKE SOME OF THIS OT!!!! hahahaha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5048 users online. 282 members and 4766 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X