300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nys Docs Academy--not Until 08?

I took my first state test in October of 07. I Just got done with my oral psych exam and spoke with my BI and he said that most likely I will not be hearing from him untill after the first of the new year...2009. Does this sound right?? Anyone else out there in my position?

I meant not until 09.

Comment

Yes, that's very possible. I took the October 07 test, scored a 95 and finished my oral psych exam in April. Still waiting for the call...

Comment

Same as VT... Scored a 90% on the October 2007 test... Nothing yet.
        The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

The next class is not going to be until at least April '09. the 3 that are in now are the last ones for the year.

Comment

Well.....after alot of shuffling my feet and major procrastination over the past 2 months I have finally filled out and decided to submit my paperwork to instruct at the academy. I would imagine that I would probably hear from the state a while prior to the academy opening and I will try to relay anything I hear to all you new boot hopefuls as soon as I know anything.

Oh yeah...this will only apply to the academy at Willard as I have no desire to work in Albany. Good luck to all those who are waiting and remember.......good things come to those who wait....

Comment

October 2007 test

Originally posted by nystreetguru View Post
              I took my first state test in October of 07. I Just got done with my oral psych exam and spoke with my BI and he said that most likely I will not be hearing from him untill after the first of the new year...2009. Does this sound right?? Anyone else out there in my position?

If you dont mind me asking, what score did you get on the civil test?
              The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

April 09??

Originally posted by 19delta View Post
                The next class is not going to be until at least April '09. the 3 that are in now are the last ones for the year.
                Wow! I can't imagine them being able to go 7 months without having to fill spots. Is the April 09 a fact?rumor? reliable source?

Comment

Originally posted by BSOdeputy View Post
                  Wow! I can't imagine them being able to go 7 months without having to fill spots. Is the April 09 a fact?rumor? reliable source?
                  Yeah I can't imagine that either. Just doesn't seem possible. Think of all the people who will retire or be promoted over the next 7 months, how can they leave all those spots empty?

Comment

Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
                    Well.....after alot of shuffling my feet and major procrastination over the past 2 months I have finally filled out and decided to submit my paperwork to instruct at the academy. I would imagine that I would probably hear from the state a while prior to the academy opening and I will try to relay anything I hear to all you new boot hopefuls as soon as I know anything.

Oh yeah...this will only apply to the academy at Willard as I have no desire to work in Albany. Good luck to all those who are waiting and remember.......good things come to those who wait....
                    I'm trying to believe that! I just want to go to the academy already! I will say one thing though, good things come to those who wait but I'm also keeping my options open. I'm taking the city police exam where I live this fall. It took a friend of mine about 7 months between taking the exam to going to the academy, so if for some strange reason pigs fly and corrections doesn't call me by the time I hopefully make it through the police department process when the time comes I'll say goodbye to the whole corrections idea.

Comment

Originally posted by VTHokie21 View Post
                      so if for some strange reason pigs fly and corrections doesn't call me by the time I hopefully make it through the police department process when the time comes I'll say goodbye to the whole corrections idea.

Ahhhhh......it must be nice to be young and have options lol If I had it to do all over again I would have taken the 30 college credit hours I needed and waited for the State Police to call me.....thats where the money is nowadays.

Comment

Willard....had range this week and heard a few rumors. NYSP got the contract with 3,3,3,4 and alot of soft money. Supposedly a 20-yr. road trooper will be around $101k?
                        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BSOdeputy View Post
                          If you dont mind me asking, what score did you get on the civil test?
                          Like an 85 or something like that. ....wow April?? That doesent seem right.

and i have an associates in criminal justice....still want to do corrections thou

Comment

Originally posted by Hack4NYS View Post
                            Willard....had range this week and heard a few rumors. NYSP got the contract with 3,3,3,4 and alot of soft money. Supposedly a 20-yr. road trooper will be around $101k?

I haven't heard anything regarding the Troopers contract as I have been off for the past 9 days. The numbers sound about right though considering the mess Albany has gotten this state into. I'm figuring we will see soft money also and while it doesn't make a noticeable increase in my paycheck every 2 weeks what it does do is push my base higher which definitely will be great when retirement rolls around. The higher the base the higher my retirement check will be......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3702 users online. 218 members and 3484 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X