Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inmates knowing where you live...an issue?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inmates knowing where you live...an issue?

I was outside of my house changing my car's oil today and an inmate drove by and said "officer, Officer!" before I could even look up to see who it was, he called me by name. He was friendly and all but I'm worry about the fact that he knows who I am, where I live, and who I live with (My girlfriend was outside too)....

Any advice?

I'm filling out paperwork now to get a 2nd handgun
    Last edited by cob963; 08-18-2008, 01:22 PM.

set up your house with cameras.

Comment

if he continues, i would see that he gets a new bid!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm paranoid now since my girlfriend was outside with me at the time of the incident too.

She doesn't work so she's always home by herself...

Comment

he is an excon, you are an officer!!! if he gets too stupid, the law is going to believe you over him. do whatever is neccessary!!

Comment

i was moving into my new place and while me and a buddy were taking stuff out of the truck an inmate sticks his head out the window and says hi, about 2 units down. i wasnt real worried. didnt see him for a few days, then i go into work and hes in holding.

in my area guys are constantly in and out of our jail on FSU, and they are so happy to be out i wouldnt imagine they would start some crap with an officer.

but, i did install new locks, and a few extra locks, i always carry and my finace knows out to shoot my pistol and my pacifier under the bed.
            WE DON'T GET PAID TO LOSE

"Be nice, until it's time NOT to be nice" ~ Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse

Comment

I'd be worried too if an inmate knew where I lived. Got this great tip, everyone should look into it.

Another scary website has just been brought to my attention -- www.whitepages.com

Check it out -- enter in your last name and zip code and make sure your personal information isn't in there. If it is, you can follow the following directions to get it removed:

How do I remove a residential listing?

To remove a listing, follow these instructions:

Search for the listing on our website.
              If your search includes multiple results, click "Listing Details" of the listing to be removed.
              Scroll down to the "privacy options" box and click, "Is this you? Remove your listing".

Comment

Originally posted by Protect-N-Serve View Post
                I'd be worried too if an inmate knew where I lived. Got this great tip, everyone should look into it.
                oh crap. My name came up. my Father, my sister, my aunt, even my grandmother.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue66 View Post
                  do whatever is neccessary!!

......................+1
                  He teaches my hands to make war,
                  so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
                  Psalms 18:34

Comment

my home phone is still listed under my wife's maiden name, so i am good.

as far as inmates knowing where i live, i cant worry too much or i will go completely gray. i see inmates all over town - at restaurants, at parks, the supermarket, et cetera. sometimes, they call me by name but for the most part i think it is a novelty for them to recognize the police out on the street.

dont think that i dont take this seriously though - i carry EVERYWHERE. you never know...

Comment

Originally posted by srq screw View Post

as far as inmates knowing where i live, i cant worry too much or i will go completely gray. i see inmates all over town - at restaurants, at parks, the supermarket, et cetera. sometimes, they call me by name but for the most part i think it is a novelty for them to recognize the police out on the street.

dont think that i dont take this seriously though - i carry EVERYWHERE. you never know...

After over 30 yrs in the business I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience with an ex-inmate. I see them all the time. All over the state----in some real unusual places too.
                      I don't carry.......It is too much of a hassle to go thru the civilian training here........(the state won't let us use THEIR training). But I strongly advocate anyone who can carry on their credentials to carry.

Where I live............well lets just say if any excon shows up at my place......it would not be good for them.........response of the Sheriff to my house is about 15 minutes...........a long time to be held at gun point and lots of wide open space to be dodging the 158gr hollow points loaded in my vintage Colt Python.

I just HATE it when I am out shopping and hear in the distance "Hey Lt Iowa"........now EVERYONE knows I am the heat!
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

When I started with my department in June, I was informed that several CO Deputys had changed the address listed on their car registrations and drivers licenses to their jail address. When writing checks, show your ID/badge and you will be fine. Just my $0.02.

Comment

Thanks, Protect... I removed my name, as well as Ma and Grandma.
                          Focused Recruit

Comment

Dont freak out if they know where you live - dealing with a huge amount of them (4700 i/m's where I work-not including the ones that are getting transferred out on a daily basis) a couple of them are bound to find out where you live. Just be aware have a safety plan when you are home or out and enjoy your life to the best of your ability. The danger is always going to be there while you are serving the community. Be safe and dont get ready stay ready.
                            sigpicTrain Hard!!! Fight Smart

Comment

I wouldn't be happy about it, but then again I don't have my Glock loaded and my Mossberg loaded for no reason.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3459 users online. 177 members and 3282 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X