300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse me sir your handgun is showing

Ok, So I was out shopping with my mother and my fiance in New Jersey ( IKEA). We decided to get something to eat in their cafateria. We get on line and in front of us is a man by himself with his two sons ..TWINS & Toddlers.. so you know they were giving him a hard time . The boys were trying to get away from him and as soon as he would catch one the other twin would get away. While all of this is happening his "too short for him" polo shirt is riding up and down and his peice is in plain sight. I know if that was me someone would have called 911 a long time ago. What would you have done ?

Integrity in a officer means the settled disposition, the resolve and determination,
    the established habit "of doing right where there is no one to make you do it but yourself".... You are who you are when no one is looking

When I was younger I was with my Dad and that happened to him, his 9mm was showing and another guy who was on the job, like you are, told him. My Dad thanked him countless times because yeah I guess that can turn shi**y quick.

Comment

I would have said something along the lines of "Where ya on the job? And if he said anything other than a viable answer, called 911 or drew on him". Ok maybe not drew on him, but watch him carefully. But if he is there with his twins (I have twin girls and will have to keep this story in mind) its a good possibility he was not intending anything slick with it on.
      LT's Challenge Coins and Promotional Items.
      LT's Challenge Coins on Facebook
      Custom Challenge Coins, Dog Tags, Key Chains, Wristbands, and Patches.

**I was an NJPrisonCop when I joined this forum. I am now a NJPrisonLt**

Comment

good suggestion to make conversation with the guy and find out what job he is on, but no need to overreact - he may have been a civilian with a ccw permit. even in a blue state you can still get a ccw permit (for now...).

Comment

If he was creeping around the store looking suspicious with glasses, a jacket, and baseball cap on i would keep a closer eye. I would not have drawn on him unless he did something stupid. but i dont think thats gonna happen with his twin kids there.
          LT's Challenge Coins and Promotional Items.
          LT's Challenge Coins on Facebook
          Custom Challenge Coins, Dog Tags, Key Chains, Wristbands, and Patches.

**I was an NJPrisonCop when I joined this forum. I am now a NJPrisonLt**

Comment

Thats why i wear my badge clipped next to my gun, kind of takes the whole ambiguity issue out of the equation....

Comment

Badge

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
              Thats why i wear my badge clipped next to my gun, kind of takes the whole ambiguity issue out of the equation....
              I think this would have been a good solution, God knows whatever he was packing was big enough to hang a couple of badges on the holster. I also checked his neck to see if he had his badge tucked inside his polo (nothing). Not only was this distracting but it was also dangerous. It would have been easy for a determind individual to take the weapon off a distracted father standing on line with his back towards him while carrying one kid and chasing the other.

Integrity in a officer means the settled disposition, the resolve and determination,
              the established habit "of doing right where there is no one to make you do it but yourself".... You are who you are when no one is looking

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5469 users online. 305 members and 5164 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X