300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-Duty Employment

Does anyone here have a second job outside of Corrections?

I personally do not, but I would guess that roughly 1/3 of the officer staff at my institution have a second "part time " job.

It runs the gambit from security jobs to construction....a couple part time police officers, reserve officers, and a part time Deputy US Marshal, lots of guys doing stuff from home like plumbers, electrictians, painters. Pretty much you name it...we have someone that does it..........
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I don't have time to have another job. I guess you could say that overtime is my part time job....

Comment

I do not have an off duty job, due to the paper work required by my department to get a second job. And if you choose to do the paper work you can only work under 20 hours or get fired. Then every new year you have to fill out the paper work over again.

Comment

officiate high school sports

Comment

I usually do a manday or two per week for the Reserves. (military)
            I can't believe I do this for free!

Comment

Run my side business printing apparel. Its more fun money than anything. Its doing well though, but we never started thinking we could retire on it or anything.
              LT's Challenge Coins and Promotional Items.
              LT's Challenge Coins on Facebook
              Custom Challenge Coins, Dog Tags, Key Chains, Wristbands, and Patches.

**I was an NJPrisonCop when I joined this forum. I am now a NJPrisonLt**

Comment

I work a security job. Since I worked there about 6 years full time before I came here, I can pretty much work however much or as little or whenever i want. Like the above post stated, I do it more for some extra blow or Christmas money than for necessity.

Comment

my department forbid any secondary employment/job/business.

Comment

I work with special needs individuals (not inmates) part-time, easy work good pay. my dept just requires disclosure of second job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6367 users online. 349 members and 6018 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X