• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zmurphy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra1 View Post
    Congratulations zmurphy!!
    Thank you sir, its been a long drawn out process.....but i am ready!

Leave a comment:

• Cobra1
    replied
    Congratulations zmurphy!!

Leave a comment:

• zmurphy
    replied
    Well i finally have a start date! 4/13 can't get here fast enough!

Leave a comment:

• zmurphy
    replied
    DOP, thanks for the reassurance! it just seems to drag on.

Yes, grasshopper will work on patience!

thanks you Sensei !

Leave a comment:

• DOP
    replied
    Originally posted by zmurphy View Post
    no. when i talked to the lady at the western region office last friday, she said they should have my psych results back by tomorrow 10/3. and since there is now a 14 day delay on hiring, it would be a couple of weeks after the psych results came back, before i heard anything.

but she did say, as long as everything is ok with my psych, the next phone call would be a call from the prison for a start date.

i do know that NC DOT instated a hiring freeze last week. so hopefully this 14day hiring delay for DOC will not turn into a freeze too.

so, have you heard anything? if not, when they call ask them about the hiring delay.
    DOT needs more than a hiring freeze! The time frames can really vary on a good number of things, i.e. how short the facility in question is on staff, number of applicants being processed, timeliness of facility personnel staff in processing their part of the application as well as the REO, and lastly MONEY. The state will put this before anything else. You see, when a position sits vacant the agency continues to receive the salary funding for it. If it is vacant then the lapse salary isn't paid out and the agency uses it to fill shortfalls in other areas of the Dept. budget.

Patience young grasshopper. Your time will come.

Leave a comment:

• DOP
    replied
    Originally posted by zilla View Post
    my next door nieghbor works at tci she said it was 380 questions it should be same for everyone why is it so hard for you trying to get in to alexander they should do it the same as everyother place
    It is uniform across the state. The test is the MMPI. It is a personality inventory. Questionable cases are sent for review by a mental health professional. At times I doubt the test's accuracy in identifying those individuals we should avoid hiring. With that said I'll profess I am far from being qualified to judge the validity of any psychological testing instrument *but* I am qualified at identifying persons who have no business working in a correctional environment. Off of my rant and back to the subject; the test is in the 500 question range as others here have mentioned.

P.S. Punctuation is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• dharley150
    replied
    it was in fact 567, and what a crink in the neck it caused!!

Hope you guys get in soon...i know i keep hearing how people drop left and right, espec will be the case here at TCI as mostly everyone is new, and alot wont be able to take it now that we're getting inmates in....ive got some stories to tell already from seg, though im sure tyo the experienced officers here its just another day...anyways, good luck to gettin in soon, keep your fingers crossed...

Leave a comment:

• zmurphy
    replied
    well good luck i hope you hear something soon
    thanks, you too. let me know how many question are on your psych.

Leave a comment:

• zilla
    replied
    well good luck i hope you hear something soon

Leave a comment:

• zmurphy
    replied
    my next door nieghbor works at tci she said it was 380 questions it should be same for everyone why is it so hard for you trying to get in to alexander they should do it the same as everyother place
    not sure what to say about the psych, but the one i took last week was 567 questions. i would assume they would all be the same.

as far as Alexander, it doesn't seem much different than any other facility from what i have been reading. other than the 14 day delay the state has right now, and i had to wait a few weeks for the position to be open.

Leave a comment:

• zilla
    replied
    Originally posted by zmurphy View Post
    UHHH.........its 567 questions and it sucks. it will probably take 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to take it.

so they are sending you everything in the mail? Alexander CI requires everyone to come in and fill out the paperwork. that would have been nice, so i could have done my TB test ahead of time.

Leave a comment:

• zmurphy
    replied
    Im still waiting for my packet i hope it comes today whats the psych test like i heard its 380 questions
    UHHH.........its 567 questions and it sucks. it will probably take 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to take it.

so they are sending you everything in the mail? Alexander CI requires everyone to come in and fill out the paperwork. that would have been nice, so i could have done my TB test ahead of time.

Leave a comment:

• zilla
    replied
    Im still waiting for my packet i hope it comes today whats the psych test like i heard its 380 questions

Leave a comment:

• zmurphy
    replied
    hey zmurphy have you heard anything yet
    no. when i talked to the lady at the western region office last friday, she said they should have my psych results back by tomorrow 10/3. and since there is now a 14 day delay on hiring, it would be a couple of weeks after the psych results came back, before i heard anything.

but she did say, as long as everything is ok with my psych, the next phone call would be a call from the prison for a start date.

i do know that NC DOT instated a hiring freeze last week. so hopefully this 14day hiring delay for DOC will not turn into a freeze too.

so, have you heard anything? if not, when they call ask them about the hiring delay.

Leave a comment:

• zilla
    replied
    hey zmurphy have you heard anything yet

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4273 users online. 282 members and 3991 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X