Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ! left eye still red and hurts a little ( I was sprayed friday)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ! left eye still red and hurts a little ( I was sprayed friday)

Can anyone help me out on what to do ? My left eye hurts a little and is still red..... My right eye is completely fine with no problems.

I was sprayed with Sabre Red (stream, 10%) on friday evening.

I just dont think it hurts bad enough to go to the doctors....any advice would help.

PS the Lt. said DO NOT USE clear eyes or stuff like that
    Last edited by eman2k5; 08-03-2008, 11:32 AM.
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

we used saline solution and that helped alot

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
      Can anyone help me out on what to do ? My left eye hurts a little and is still red.....
      Um, it "hurts a little" does it? Wait it out, eman, eventually the burning and redness will go away.
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Dont fret, that's not unheard of...considering the effects are limited t only one eye you might have an OC granual still in there somewhere. Get some saline or distilled water and wash out that eye. Make sure your vision is not affected.
        Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

I washed my eyes with a solution of hand soap and dish soap. It went away.
          No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
          -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamkn View Post
            I washed my eyes with a solution of hand soap and dish soap. It went away.
            So did your eyeballs. Soap in your eyes?? Good grief!

I would use saline solution or water. Use the whole bottle and make sure nothing is still in your eye.
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
              So did your eyeballs. Soap in your eyes?? Good grief!

I would use saline solution or water. Use the whole bottle and make sure nothing is still in your eye.

It may not have been the most pleasant experience, but I did get all of the OC out.
              No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
              -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

It may not have been the most pleasant experience, but I did get all of the OC out.
                Adding an irritant to an existing irritant doesn't solve your problem. Again water or saline should do.
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Thats why they make baby shampoo...

Comment

Go swimming with your eyes open

Comment

Well I went to see the Dr. and I have/had a cornea abrasion. He gave me some kind of cream and today my eye feels alot better. He said it should heal within a day or two.

Comment

I think what I must have did was rub my eye in my sleep, thats the only time I could have done that..............

Comment

took about a week for all the pain to go away. i had stuff inside my eye still.

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
                            I think what I must have did was rub my eye in my sleep, thats the only time I could have done that..............
                            Quit rubbin yer eyes!!! Put socks on your hands before you go to sleep!!!!

Zamkn: Ya better pay attention in the academy...

Comment

:-) I am! Graduation date is Sept. 5!
                              -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3293 users online. 164 members and 3129 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X