300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn ALL SWORN ROOKIES !

I need to know what will help me out tomorrow, you see tomorrow I get sprayed and want to know what will help.

YES, I know its going to suck...but I have to do it.....So what does anybody recommend to help ?
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Some good pointers in this thread;

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96708

If you can, I would suggest being in the shower for as long as you can....wash all that crap off of you.....baby shampoo works wonders....
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Deleted Post
      Last edited by The Dude; 07-31-2008, 06:51 PM. Reason: Didn't note LE only Forum, my apologies

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
        Some good pointers in this thread;

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96708

If you can, I would suggest being in the shower for as long as you can....wash all that crap off of you.....baby shampoo works wonders....
        So far, babyshampoo looks to be the best......

Comment

Yeah stick with baby shampoo. When I was able to use the showers (an hour after being sprayed) what worked best for me was to let the water hit my face for awhile, then use baby shampoo and lather it all over my face and let it sit for a bit (10+ secs) before lathering some more and then washing it off. You'll need to stick your head in the shower for a long time and I gotta warn you, it will reactivate and it'll hurt, but keep the water on your face and use baby shampoo and you'll get rid of most of it. When the water is hitting your face you'll feel great, but once you take your head outta the water you'll get reactivation.. no big deal.

If you're like me and have to stand there for about an hour after gettin sprayed the best thing to do is blink. Try to blink as much as you can. The more you blink the more OC you'll get outta your eyes.

Also, every second that goes by, you'll get a little better. The OC doesn't get worse and worse. The worst point is in the beginning and over time the pain subsides. Keep thinking that you're better now then when you first got sprayed, blink, breathe, and try not freak out. haha. good luck.

Comment

When you start to decon with fresh copious amounts of water, DO NOT let that water run down off your face and into your pants or you will regret it !!!!! Be cautious in the shower too !!!

Good luck !!!
            NCPD : 86.5 No List # Yet
            SCPD : 97.5 List # 105
            NYS Court Officer : 88.8 List # 2634
            Nassau County Corrections : Hired

Comment

If you can use decon products from the company your department sponsors (ie. Sabre red or Freeze +P) those work pretty good. Otherwise, be mindful of keeping your body out of the way and just shower and scrub your face real good, most of all your forehead or else it will drip down again and reactivate in your eyes. But just know that it burns real bad right after you get out of the water but it calms down the longer you stay out, until it feels like a bad sunburn. I didn't see it in an earlier post, but the best thing for it is a fan or wind. But it will still burn, man. Luck!!
              Why is physical courage so abundant and yet moral courage so rare? ...

...Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted...

Comment

If I see a gorilla high on PCP I'm shooting his aped as s, but in all seriousness I think JB makes a great point.

Comment

After rinsing off, hold your eyelids open and stand in the breeze. It hurts and won't feel as good as the water does at first but the wind/breeze is the best thing to get rid of the residual left in your eyes/on your skin. We've all been there. Have fun.

Comment

Bring a fan, a large BOX fan and sit in front of it. If not, grab a window AC unit, sit in front of that, and crank it oh high... Sounds dumb, but I wish I had!

:-)
                    Last edited by Jhelrey; 07-31-2008, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhelrey View Post
                      Bring a fan, a large BOX fan and sit in front of it. If not, grab a window AC unit, sit in front of that, and crank it oh high... Sounds dumb, but I wish I had!

You guys were lucky. We were in the Las Vegas heat.... 110+.... Summer afternoon... Zero wind, dry, in the middle of an opened field....
                      The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

been there, done that. NOT FUN!!

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Jhelrey View Post

agreed

we had a big fan that was blowing the minute after we washed our eyes out....it helped tremendously

Comment

Take it like a (wo)man. It's not that bad. You'll be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5743 users online. 302 members and 5441 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X