Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body armor holster question

Hi,

New officer here and I'm a bit confused. I purchased this Uncle Mike's body armor holster- http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...010_1519168155

My question has to do with how you disengage the retention strap. It's nothing but a thin strip of plastic that is velcroed down on both sides of the holster The best that I can figure is that you would have to claw at the strip to remove it. Just doesn't seem like it's very quick to deploy in a fight for your life. I'll be carrying a glock 27 in the holster. Any advice would be welcome, heck just any advice about wearing a holster on my armor would be welcome. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post in the forum.

Thanks,

JCT

i simply took the velcro strap off, my 27 fits snugly and hasn't even come close to falling out. plus shirt is tucked in anyways, but i just took taht strap off, works fine

Comment

I took the strap off as well and used it help secure the holster. My little Kel-Tec ain't going nowhere...
      Opinions expressed in my posts are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the views of any employer, past, present, or future.

Comment

i was going to buy that holster but I was like "what the heck is that strap for"

Comment

I also carry the Glock 27 and just threw the strap away. Never had a problem.
          While I was in phase 5 of FTO, I was driving to a burglary in progress and the first three units were nearing the house:

SGT (on the radio): "Ok, lets have two in the front, and one in the rear."

Me (not on the radio): "Sounds like the Sgt wants the shocker!"

My FTO almost rolled out of the car laughing.

Comment

the link doesn't work for me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3346 users online. 163 members and 3183 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X