300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, this is my friend "Blank", he's a cop

Im brand new and I'm already sick of being introduced like this wherever I go.

I'm only a reserve deputy, and I am introduced as a cop too.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

People think it's flattering but it's actually annoying. Exposure is not what the majority of off-duty cops want.

Comment

It's the same for doctors, of course they don't have to worry about being judged negatively based on their profession.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

And you can say, "this is _________________, he's an a-hole".

Joking aside, I wouldn't let it bother you unless it was meant as an insult.
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Your Mom named you Blank?

M-11
            “All men dream...... But not equally..
            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Same here...this is Bob..hes a cop...then the other person problemly thinks "betcha hes an A#ss hole", LOL... but whatever I get over it
              "What the problem is?"

Comment

I try to hide it from anyone. People ask me what I do i say I work for the county highway department.

Comment

I usually said "I work for the state." If they pressed, I said I worked as a plumber for one of the state colleges. End of conversation. I got put on the spot once, as the guy who asked me really was a plumber. Luckily, I knew enough of the subject he brought up as not to "out" myself as a fraud.
                  Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

I usually don't like it... but it worked out good for me once as I was introduced as a cop to a very attractive lady... Who later asked to be handcuffed!

Comment

The one and only reason I tell my family and friends to keep their mouths shut to anyone telling them im a cop is then they want favors. "I got a summons last week, think you can help me"...etc.

Other than that, I am very proud to be a cop.
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

I just tell people I babysit society!!!! The blank expressions alone are priceless!!!!!
                        Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

So.... all jokes aside, what about your significant others telling people what you do?

I've discussed it with my fiancee that if it's not a close friend (I trust her judgement) or family, I don't want it being made public what I am doing / going to be doing.

But.... what does she tell people who ask? Should she just get creative? I've already told a whole wedding party that I just got a job with the city of "X" working as a garbage man! (I figured they wouldn't understand "Sheep Dog"). They all just kind of gave me that "ooooookaaay" look.... like "uh, you've got an education, why are you going to be a garbage man?!?" Ugh. It's almost maddening as a rookie to not tell people, but for safety's and privacy's sake, I want a lid kept on it.
                          1*

Comment

the worst is having a mother who is overly excited that i am finally a cop, i am constantly asking her to stop telling people.

Comment

It will be something you will have to get used too. Will happen alot....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5134 users online. 294 members and 4840 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X